Best schools in Medford?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Where are the best schools or school districts in Medford?

Reply - Report abuse

KaylaV27 in Eugene, Oregon

74 months ago

Well you dont have many options unless you're talking about Elementary schools. As far as those go, Griffen Creek, JacksonVILLE (not Jackson) and oakgrove are the more recommended schools. As for Middle school you have either Mcgloughlin or Hedrick. Either one is about the same, and for high school, you have either SOUTH or NORTH. Personally I've heard better things about SOUTH, although its in a ran down neighborhood.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim P. in Medford, Oregon

71 months ago

KaylaV27 in Eugene, Oregon said: Well you dont have many options unless you're talking about Elementary schools. As far as those go, Griffen Creek, JacksonVILLE (not Jackson) and oakgrove are the more recommended schools. As for Middle school you have either Mcgloughlin or Hedrick. Either one is about the same, and for high school, you have either SOUTH or NORTH. Personally I've heard better things about SOUTH, although its in a ran down neighborhood.

As far as Medford South High being in a run down area, there are older houses that are not so great, but there are some very beautiful historic homes as well. On top of that, South Medford High is being moved to a very nice area close to nice middle to upper middle class homes. It will be finished being built and ready for this fall. Drive by S.Columbus & Garfield. It's quite nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

grow up in Eugene, Oregon

52 months ago

Kim P. in Medford, Oregon said: As far as Medford South High being in a run down area, there are older houses that are not so great, but there are some very beautiful historic homes as well. On top of that, South Medford High is being moved to a very nice area close to nice middle to upper middle class homes. It will be finished being built and ready for this fall. Drive by S.Columbus & Garfield. It's quite nice.

There were not run down homes around the old south-grow up whoever you are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

grew up in medford in Medford, Oregon

39 months ago

grow up in Eugene, Oregon said: There were not run down homes around the old south-grow up whoever you are.

Actually, S. columbus is the ghetto of medford. A lot of realtors will warn you not to move near there. My mother being one.

kyitty in Medford, Oregon

39 months ago

Okay. I need to add my 2cents. I have lived in Medford most of my life. I no longer work for the sheriff's dept, but my husband is a 911 dispatcher. South Columbus..it depends on what part of Columbus that you are speaking about. There is a bad section but it is not the entire length of it. I live off of Columbus (South). It is very low in crime rate. Must not be too bad otherwise the 4 deputies (actually one is a sgt.), a jail keeper and the state trooper must not think it's a bad place. Yes, just like any other city, it has it's problem areas. My husband being a current dispatcher knows the problem areas. Beatty St. is not a good area. Eugene? To the person who suggested Eugene as a place to go. You can research it and you will have your bubble burst. My maid of honor is a Sgt. in Eugene. Just contact the police dept. They will give you the good areas and the bad areas. Crime is actually quite low here.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.