Moving to Medford - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

pgpapa in Prince George, British Columbia

75 months ago

Lived in Medford until 1963, moved to Prince George BC.with my parents.
Thinking of moving back soon. Only been back once in 1986 for a few days, would like to check out again.
I work for Canada Post as a Supervisor in the sorting Plant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim P. in Medford, Oregon

72 months ago

pgpapa in Prince George, British Columbia said: Lived in Medford until 1963, moved to Prince George BC.with my parents.
Thinking of moving back soon. Only been back once in 1986 for a few days, would like to check out again.
I work for Canada Post as a Supervisor in the sorting Plant

You know, I think that you would still like it. I moved here in 1971. I lived in OKC for 8 months. (TOO LONG for me!) There is a bit of everything here. I left a couple of comments too another person not living in Medford. They may have in the past but I totally disagree about what she says. I guess it sounds like someone who is much younger. Perhaps not. I think that there are a lot of things going on around here to do and see. Ashland has become like a mini- Carmel by the Sea. It is a bit more expensive to live there. Phoenix, Talent and Central Point are all growing. There are some nice subdivisions built and being built. South Medford High is going to be moved. The new school will open in the fall. It is going to be quite nice. There is a large sports area. Several tracks, fields and other sport areas. It is supposed to be quite the place and an envy throughout the state. It is just opening. They would like to add more to it eventually but say it will cost another $5 million. It is located close to where Miles Field was. I think you wouldn't regret moving back. The crime is low.

cheryl carlton in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

Kim P. in Medford, Oregon said: You know, I think that you would still like it. I moved here in 1971. I lived in OKC for 8 months. (TOO LONG for me!) There is a bit of everything here. I left a couple of comments too another person not living in Medford. They may have in the past but I totally disagree about what she says. I guess it sounds like someone who is much younger. Perhaps not. I think that there are a lot of things going on around here to do and see. Ashland has become like a mini- Carmel by the Sea. It is a bit more expensive to live there. Phoenix, Talent and Central Point are all growing. There are some nice subdivisions built and being built. South Medford High is going to be moved. The new school will open in the fall. It is going to be quite nice. There is a large sports area. Several tracks, fields and other sport areas. It is supposed to be quite the place and an envy throughout the state. It is just opening. They would like to add more to it eventually but say it will cost another $5 million. It is located close to where Miles Field was. I think you wouldn't regret moving back. The crime is low.

Hello, I lived in Medford when I was quite young I went to cathlic school. My mother moved us to Los angeles where I have living this last 45 years. I am moving back to Medford and I can't wait. I wish I'd never left. I am trying to find a job and a place to live right now. I want to be out of Ca and in Oregon before sept 2011. I also heard that Or is is doing somrthing with Medicad. Are they trying to do away with it? do you know anything about it? My husband is very ill and needs his insurance medicare and Medicade. please let me know if tey are trying to do anything with the insurance. Sincerely, Cheryl

Vincent in Modesto, California

41 months ago

I'm also trying to move to Medford, OR. I work for a company that lets me travel to any state in the country as long as they have a position open for me. I choose Oregon, currently looking into Medford because it's not so far away from home. I would go out to the east coast if I could afford it, but baby steps are best. What can a California guy expect in Oregon or is it the same as here?

kyitty in Medford, Oregon

41 months ago

What exactly did you want to know about? Are you talking about housing? I have friends in the Bay area that are going to move here because it is less expensive. There are so many empty houses that it's a buyers market. I have lived in OR all of my life. With the exception for 8 months of living in OK.) One nice thing is no sales tax as you know. Please be more specific. I will answer all that I can.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.