Moving to Memphis - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

venus in Memphis, Tennessee

81 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

i moved here from detroit in august. i used a relocube from abf. i would have secured a job before i moved. i have been here almost 90 days and i am still unemployed, but still hopeful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bo in memphis,tn in Cordova, Tennessee

69 months ago

I told myself the first chance I get I will move. At the time, I was not sure where. I meet somebody. That was training at the store, I was working at. That she came from Memphis,TN. I talk to her about my decision and she told me to let her know. I am from a small town name Pensacola,Fla. We had a storm name Ivan, which left our town with out power,water, and gas about 3 weeks. We make it. That was enough for me. So I transfer my job and stay with her until I got on my feet. I was greatful for her to help me out. I been here for almost 3 years now. It hard at first but it getting better with time. It is hard for me with no family here, to help out with my kids. Far as school. Get them to and from school. My job work with me so that I am able to get them their. But my hours sucks. I would like to get something else beside this job. Because I don't like living pay check to pay check. I mean which bill I not going to pay on time.Don't get me wrong at least I have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sapawin in Memphis, Tennessee

10 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

would have come to visit first instead of moving here but now that i am here i adjust,adapt,improvise came from nc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

St Jude's MD

7 months ago

I would have declined the opportunity. It's not worth it . There are too many ills around here and too many problems.

The place is substandard, but it was sold to me as some sort of great place to live because it was cheap ! yes, but it's cheap for a reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.