What are the best neigborhoods in Memphis?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 210 of 210)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

GG Eads, TN in Detroit, Michigan

8 months ago

unknown in Pensacola, Florida said: I am moving to memphis this decemeber to be near my dad
stationed there, he lives in bartett TN. i have heard ALOT about crime,
i am a young single mother.. what is the best area for me to live in and attend college..

Hi there,

I was a single mom for a very long time and raised my girls in Bartlett, TN. The reason I liked it was because it was so close to everything. Very convenient to grocery store, gas, hospitals, shopping. I think a lot will depend on what schools you need for children and what type of amenities you are looking for. Are you renting or owning? What college will you be attending?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GG Eads, TN in Detroit, Michigan

8 months ago

Also, Keep in mind that there is crime in every big city. Memphis has several locations like Bartlett that have wonderful communities. The goal is to find those communities where you feel comfortable and safe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

inlalasland@yahoo in Las Vegas, Nevada

5 months ago

I'm trying to get the hell out of Vegas! 5 yrs is 5 yrs too long! Originally from California! I'm relocating to Memphis Tennessee! I'm looking forward to being near Graceland! The culture, the food and cheaper living expenses! I just want to make sure imnotgoinginto a war zone!

Awful in City

5 months ago

@in lala...don't believe some of this mindless boosterism, especially coming from posters like "Caligirl" who is not really from CA at all, she's married to another booster/black/loser Lanny Ross, a damn librarian and works for the City of Memphis, at an awful branch in Frayser, one of the worst areas in Memphis. This klown was all over sites like City-Data using screen names like mississippi state dawg or bull dawg, etc wasting time all day from his bs job for the City of Memphis, trying to extoll the greatness of Memphis, until his BOSS got wind of him being online all the time at his JOB, not doing his job.

Awful in City

5 months ago

Don't believe this krap. Memphis is stupid, under-educated, relatively poor, mostly full of blacks and stupid rednecks, with awful public schools and bad leadership to say the least.

Memphis and associated groups have to PAY people on sites like City-Data (the absolute worst site) to say positive things about Memphis and downright LIE about levels of crime and how behind the city is compared to cities like NASHVILLE. Then they hire moderators like an idiot who used to live outside Memphis (now in Cookeville-Nashville, to camp out 24/7 on City-Data to DELETE any members' posts which describe Memphis as what it is...a cesspool that is 25yrs behind cities like Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, and 15 yrs behind the state's own CAPITAL, NASHVILLE.
If you're moving from VEGAS to Memphis, you're going to be shocked out of your freekin mind , and I would not advise ANYONE to make that sort of move.
NEAR GRACELAND ??? you're a fool. Graceland is located in the ghetto and the worst part of Memphis !...Now I know you're a shill or simply the largest liar on the net.
CULTURE ?? Memphis culture is "subcultural". You want "culture", try Charleston, DC, Asheville-Cary, Naples, New England, etc...not goddam Memphis.
CHEAPER ? of course Memphis is "cheaper" ! you get what you pay for, friend. Even Memphis doesn't have a decent supermarket.Publx choseNASH/expansion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andyelvis in Scarborough, Ontario

5 months ago

I visited Memphis just this past Nov and found the people to be very friendly, I was only approached by panhandlers twice which I didn't mind ,

Awful in City

5 months ago

@andyelvis - do you sound like a typical Canadian visitor to Memphis or FL, I have not said people are unfriendly in Memphis...most are friendly morons and undereducated, backwards people - so what? the place is still primtive and still sucks and is dangerous....and you're an idiot for engaging with "panhandlers" in Memphis or in any city you fool

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aslayson in Nashville, Tennessee

2 months ago

There's some really great communities in the Memphis area like Arlington, Germantown, Collierville and even lesser known towns like Hickory Withe. Here's a good guide to the different areas in the city: www.memphisrealtysearch.com/best-places-to-live-in-memphis/

Elizabeth in Cedartown, Georgia

15 days ago

We are moving to Memphis because my boyfriend job is tranfering him to Lakeland Tenn ..need affordable housing but also safe place ..what can you tell me about Memphis

NoraLee in Atlanta, Georgia said: Millington is very suburban - if you are both fine with that lifestyle, it should be a fine place.

I've written on here in the past and note that I was born and raised in Memphis. Lived there until I was 24 and my mom and friends are still there (just moved from NYC to Atlanta). I'm 30 and I truly think that everyone's comments regarding Memphis are very misplaced. Like you note below, any big city has crime, but in Memphis it's really relegated to certain areas and as long as you don't go roaming around after hours in the wrong part of town, the city is so much fun. It's big enough to have lots of options of things to do, while small enough that you'll see your colleagues and friends out around town. Millington is close enough that you can still enjoy going out in Memphis on the weekends.

Midtown is the best place to go - there are great restaurants and bars.

I hope you don't let the poor reviews impact your decision. I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have. My aunt lived in Millington for years and while it's not the most happening place, it's very safe and I'm sure you'll have no problem making friends with folks on the base.

:)

GradStudent07 in Wilmington, North Carolina

12 days ago

Hello,
I'm moving to Memphis to attend graduate school. I'm from a very safe area and am looking to live somewhere safe but that doesn't break my budget. I would appreciate any advice about areas of town you would recommend, or even specific complexes, and areas to avoid. Thank you so much in advance!

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.