What are the best neigborhoods in Memphis?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 205 of 205)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

andyelvis in Scarborough, Ontario

16 months ago

I visited Memphis just this past Nov and found the people to be very friendly, I was only approached by panhandlers twice which I didn't mind ,

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Awful in City

16 months ago

@andyelvis - do you sound like a typical Canadian visitor to Memphis or FL, I have not said people are unfriendly in Memphis...most are friendly morons and undereducated, backwards people - so what? the place is still primtive and still sucks and is dangerous....and you're an idiot for engaging with "panhandlers" in Memphis or in any city you fool

Reply - Report abuse

aslayson in Nashville, Tennessee

14 months ago

There's some really great communities in the Memphis area like Arlington, Germantown, Collierville and even lesser known towns like Hickory Withe. Here's a good guide to the different areas in the city: www.memphisrealtysearch.com/best-places-to-live-in-memphis/

Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Cedartown, Georgia

12 months ago

We are moving to Memphis because my boyfriend job is tranfering him to Lakeland Tenn ..need affordable housing but also safe place ..what can you tell me about Memphis

NoraLee in Atlanta, Georgia said: Millington is very suburban - if you are both fine with that lifestyle, it should be a fine place.

I've written on here in the past and note that I was born and raised in Memphis. Lived there until I was 24 and my mom and friends are still there (just moved from NYC to Atlanta). I'm 30 and I truly think that everyone's comments regarding Memphis are very misplaced. Like you note below, any big city has crime, but in Memphis it's really relegated to certain areas and as long as you don't go roaming around after hours in the wrong part of town, the city is so much fun. It's big enough to have lots of options of things to do, while small enough that you'll see your colleagues and friends out around town. Millington is close enough that you can still enjoy going out in Memphis on the weekends.

Midtown is the best place to go - there are great restaurants and bars.

I hope you don't let the poor reviews impact your decision. I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have. My aunt lived in Millington for years and while it's not the most happening place, it's very safe and I'm sure you'll have no problem making friends with folks on the base.

:)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

GradStudent07 in Wilmington, North Carolina

12 months ago

Hello,
I'm moving to Memphis to attend graduate school. I'm from a very safe area and am looking to live somewhere safe but that doesn't break my budget. I would appreciate any advice about areas of town you would recommend, or even specific complexes, and areas to avoid. Thank you so much in advance!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.