Need Full-Time Legal Secretarial Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Whitney in Mobile, Alabama

64 months ago

Hello - I need Full-Time Legal Secretarial Employment in downtown Mobile. I have such bad luck - landed a great job as a legal secretary just before Mardi Gras then 2 weeks into the job, tripped over my kitten,fell and broke my ankle in 2 places and had to have surgery. Needless to say, I had to be replaced at the law firm and hence, now I am searching again. Any advise or if anyone knows of a successful attorney and/or law firm in the downtown Mobile area is hiring please please let me know. All your assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you and take care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I have already done that but I thought I would also "network" through this medium.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I have been registered with agencies prior to the country's financial fiasco and I do realize that the law firm's are not going to go to agencies which cost money. I thank you for your response and I will continue to pound the pavement. Take care.

64 months ago

The job market is so depressing - thank you for your support.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Oh, I have and it has generated some leads. I check it daily and also have e-mail alerts when a new legal secretarial job is posted. Thanks!

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

Whitney in Mobile, Alabama said: I have already done that but I thought I would also "network" through this medium.

Mary's Response: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. (Can you hear the Charlie Brown clan standing around, holding their stomachs, and laughing too?)

You need a reality check.

64 months ago

What a mean respone to my forum question. That was uncalled for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

It was a mean response - and I'm sorry - but I just couldn't help it. I am 50, a Bachelor's Degree, and a paralegal degree, and 20 years of experience. And I can't get a job even though I have been screwing the same attorney for 25 years.

He did stop by though yesterday. Bad timing. The pvc piping broke on my outside water thing, attached to the main water line. I am not a beauty queen, and all I could say yesterday, "Well, you've seen me in my worst. This isn't a good time." He insisted he just stopped by to see how I was (but I know the truth).

What I am doing for money is substitute teaching (9.50 an hour). I was a court reporter for ten years - and I'm working it. I hope to get a reporting job in a few months.

Sorry for the good laugh - but I needed it and I am sure others did too. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

My kitty is my heart and she has so much energy - I don't know where she gets it!! I kid with my roommate that she has a stash of catnip outside! LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Thanks but I have been in law for close to 15 years on and off - it's all I know and feel comfortable doing!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.