Job Hunting...Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Kim in Boise, Idaho

105 months ago

I moved to the area over a month ago and have been diligently filling out apps online, going to several interviews (14 as of today), and posting my resume online BUT I have only had one job call back and offer a position. I took that position thinking it wouldn't be long before I found something else, but the harder I try to look and apply, the less I feel I am getting accomplished and the further I think I am from finding a full time job!! I'm only 23 years old and have worked since I was 16. I went to college for three years pursuing a degree in psychology but lost my love for it and quit. I'm planning on going back to school in the fall.

My reason for posting this comment is because I am really looking for some pointers in this area. I don't know if I'm asking the wrong questions or going about everything wrong, but I do need help. I've been to two staffing agencies this week hoping for some assistance, but I won't know if that's going to work out for a few weeks. Please give me some tips to job hunting in Boise and Nampa!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Toni in Meridian, Idaho

90 months ago

Kim in Boise, Idaho said: I moved to the area over a month ago and have been diligently filling out apps online, going to several interviews (14 as of today), and posting my resume online BUT I have only had one job call back and offer a position. I took that position thinking it wouldn't be long before I found something else, but the harder I try to look and apply, the less I feel I am getting accomplished and the further I think I am from finding a full time job!! I'm only 23 years old and have worked since I was 16. I went to college for three years pursuing a degree in psychology but lost my love for it and quit. I'm planning on going back to school in the fall.

My reason for posting this comment is because I am really looking for some pointers in this area. I don't know if I'm asking the wrong questions or going about everything wrong, but I do need help. I've been to two staffing agencies this week hoping for some assistance, but I won't know if that's going to work out for a few weeks. Please give me some tips to job hunting in Boise and Nampa!!

I wish I knew too. I have been desperately looking for a job for over 2 months now with no success. I have 15 years of bookkeeping experience and an AS Degree in Business Management. I have never gone more than a week without a job in my life. I have applied for over 100 jobs and had 6 interviews to no avail. I also need some tips.

Reply - Report abuse

Ted Perkins in Nampa, Idaho

89 months ago

Toni in Meridian, Idaho said: I wish I knew too. I have been desperately looking for a job for over 2 months now with no success. I have 15 years of bookkeeping experience and an AS Degree in Business Management. I have never gone more than a week without a job in my life. I have applied for over 100 jobs and had 6 interviews to no avail. I also need some tips.

I have applied at over 500 jobs, and the only work I was able to get was a 90-day Temp. job, and was layed off. Before I have worked straight for 35-years. It is just a hard area to land a job. There are a lot of people out of work, and few job openings. Been out of work for 7-months now, but I will keep trying.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.