Beware!! Belmont Village of Green Hills is the worst place to work at! Beware!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Terry Gallahan in Nashville, Tennessee

67 months ago

The company prides itself in being a leader in providing excellent care for senior citizens, but unfortunately they continue hiring the most underqualified staff imaginable: They have this policy of encouraging employees to refer friends and/or relatives for employment, and what that has caused is a cadre of absolutely horrible workers who only care about working their scheduled 8 hours, doing the absolute bare minimum, and not caring about actually providing excellence. And since they are mostly friends, relatives and/or neighbors, they all protect each other, pass on their bad habits and continue the chain of despondency and laziness.

Another thing that boggles the mind, is how this company, which caters to a predominantly upscale, high-end clientele, continues hiring people that can only be described with the slang word "hoodrats": loud, abrasive, confrontational, unable (or unwilling) to speak proper English, and just plain lazy.

And they actually have people like that working the front desk!!!!

Any employee that doesn't belong to that clique, gets ostracized and becomes a pariah...and management seems to always look the other way.

It's amazing. And frustrating as heck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

i agree in Nashville, Tennessee

66 months ago

Terry Gallahan in Nashville, Tennessee said: The company prides itself in being a leader in providing excellent care for senior citizens, but unfortunately they continue hiring the most underqualified staff imaginable: They have this policy of encouraging employees to refer friends and/or relatives for employment, and what that has caused is a cadre of absolutely horrible workers who only care about working their scheduled 8 hours, doing the absolute bare minimum, and not caring about actually providing excellence. And since they are mostly friends, relatives and/or neighbors, they all protect each other, pass on their bad habits and continue the chain of despondency and laziness.

Another thing that boggles the mind, is how this company, which caters to a predominantly upscale, high-end clientele, continues hiring people that can only be described with the slang word "hoodrats": loud, abrasive, confrontational, unable (or unwilling) to speak proper English, and just plain lazy.

And they actually have people like that working the front desk!!!!

Any employee that doesn't belong to that clique, gets ostracized and becomes a pariah...and management seems to always look the other way.

It's amazing. And frustrating as heck.

This is a note in reply to your experience with belmont villiage. I totally agree with you! I was sent out there through an agency to care for a resident ( private duty).This place was the biggest joke ever!!Sad that they hire these people to care for residents!!Shame on them!!!!The employees were soooo loud and abnoxious,i have never in my life saw anything like this in a facility.What i dont understand is why in the world do the families of these residents let this happen.It bothered me badly that on the alzheimers unit the residents were drug out of bed at 4a to go sit in the dining room to eat at 8a.I heard some employees yeling so loudly at residents to WAKE UP MR. SO AND SO...They lso were not willing to help out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.