Fraudulent NYC employment agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (951 to 1000 of 1763)
Page:  « First « Previous   17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next »   Last »

chris redfield in Brooklyn, New York

47 months ago

Also here's the scam video by fox 5's Spanish guy with a mustache :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnNZyajqZPs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill Goldman in New York, New York

47 months ago

Found a listing on ABC Security the other day.

Called the number listed. She referred herself as Ms. Smith. Went in and got an interview and paid the $80 deposit. Was asked bring a larger amount by a specific date for the training certification. This is my first time doing this and I am being told this is a scam. I am unsure what to do whether I should pull off or otherwise, I may actually lose at least a third of a grand.

This is the information that was left on my "Enrollment Agreement" form. Anyone have a word on this?

Affiliated Stars, LLC/On Time Security Training School
303 East 44th Street
NY, NY 10017

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne in Queens,NY in Brooklyn, New York

47 months ago

If i am correct On Time is a scam also!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chris d in New York, New York

47 months ago

its a scam, get your 8hr training at a training school then apply to allied barton or securitize 34th st i believe. after your hired get your 16hr. most of these places including the ones i listed will deduct out of your check for your security guard liscence, and fingerprints. good luck.

Bill Goldman in New York, New York said: Found a listing on ABC Security the other day.

Called the number listed. She referred herself as Ms. Smith. Went in and got an interview and paid the $80 deposit. Was asked bring a larger amount by a specific date for the training certification. This is my first time doing this and I am being told this is a scam. I am unsure what to do whether I should pull off or otherwise, I may actually lose at least a third of a grand.

This is the information that was left on my "Enrollment Agreement" form. Anyone have a word on this?

303 East 44th Street
NY, NY 10017

Christopher in New York, New York

47 months ago

Bill Goldman in New York, New York said: Found a listing on ABC Security the other day.

303 East 44th Street
NY, NY 10017

More Pond scum. these people are feeding off of others. There are very few decent companies operating in NYC. 1/3 of a grand? You are getting off easy! TAKE THE TIME TO READ A BIT ON THIS FORUM! i HAVE SAID IT OVER AND OVER!

Bomo in New York, NY

47 months ago

For those looking for security training, please, check out this school for security training. No upfront fees, you just pay for the classes you take.

Rems Training, Inc. - www.securitytraining.com

They do your fingerprints and give you the application to send to Albany for your license.

They don't do job placements but they do give you a list of Legit security companies or places that are hiring.

Tom @ GM security in August in New York, New York

47 months ago

I just found out GM security is on the list
SUSPENDED/REVOKED SECURITY GUARD TRAINING SCHOOLS
damn, just wasted $439 for 8hrs, 16hrs,and fire guard.

criminaljustice.state.ny.us/ops/docs/sgtraining/pubs/sgpapprovedschls.pdf
SUSPENDED/REVOKED SECURITY GUARD TRAINING SCHOOLS

FTI Inc - 301720 REVOKED 4/19/2010
GM Security - 312142 SUSPENDED 8/1/ 2011
Hagana Security Guard School - 441371 REVOKED 5/20/2011
New York Security Training Services - 411521 REVOKED 6/17/2010
On Time Security Training School - 031967 REVOKED 6/6/2011
Scholastica Security Guard Trng School - 412191 REVOKED 7/27/2011
Sebastian Ortiz Network Security Solution - 411916 REVOKED 7/11/2011
Security 101 Training Center - 522084 SUSPENDED 6/13/2011
Security Career Inst-411648 REVOKED 9/26/2010
South Shore Sportsman, Inc. - 301940 SUSPENDED 2/18/2011
Take Down Security Inc. - 242176 REVOKED 8/8/2011

47 months ago

N.Y. State mandated Security Guard course description:

8 Hour Pre-Assignment Course (this is the 1st course you must take - required before you begin work)

16 Hour On-The-Job Training Course (the 2nd course you need to take - required within 90 days of starting work as a security guard - note that you may take the course before starting work - you do not need to be working in order to take the course.

8 Hour Annual In-Service Course (also known as the Refresher Course - required every year after you begin work as a security guard)

License, officially referred to as Security Guard Registration (must renew every 2 years)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

thanks for helping people on this form, but it was too late.

Most people don't even looking online or do anything before they are going into the business, i am one of them, for a guy who can't find jobs in many months, security seems to be the way out. for the 1st time in your life, you felt hope for a job, then these scammers are taking your money and you still don't have a job... that's just sad...

there will be more s**kers out there, if you guys want to do anything, go to their office building and put up posters about them, it will do.

47 months ago

thanks for helping people on this form, but it was too late.

Most people don't even looking online or do anything before they are going into the business, i am one of them, for a guy who can't find jobs in many months, security seems to be the way out. for the 1st time in your life, you felt hope for a job, then these scammers are taking your money and you still don't have a job... that's just sad...

there will be more people out there, if you guys want to do anything, go to their office building and put up posters about them, it will do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph in Closter, New Jersey

46 months ago

HKS in Houston, Texas said: Scott Marks Recruitment LLC, this company is a fraud Company. Please be aware of this company. I was contacted by one of the company representative, his name is Brandon, from craigslist. he told me that he has few companies who needs employees but he told me i had pay $2000 i didn't have that much money so i told him that i will pay $ 1000 now and later after employment pay the rest. after i payed the $1000 he set me up for interview with 2 company. He just gave me address of the company, when i went to company , they told me they were never contacted by the recruitment agency. When i called the recruitment agency , they are not picking my call nor replying to my emails. So please be aware of the company their website is www.scottmarksnyc.com/ . Do not fall for their offer or anything... please be careful...

I was involved in the same scam when I gave them $3000. to have them recruit a doctor for my office. They said they had a list of doctors ready to be hired that they would send over, and after I paid them they sent over some bozo who was not what I was looking for and then I never heard from the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Will in New York, New York

45 months ago

You know, I really hate to say this, but you guys need to exercise better judgement and show common sense. I have been doing security work now for 18 years, so I'm not just flapping my gums. Now, when someone demands $1000 or any other outlandish amount of money from you and promises you a damned security job, that should raise all kinds of red flags and set of alarms in your head. Typically, in 2011, an entry level security job will only be a little higher than minimum wage. Like $7-$9 an hour. Why would you give someone $1000 to train and place you in a low wage job like that? I mean, a corporate executive probably wouldn't pay that much for job referrals and he/she makes at least 5-20 times the salary of a security guard.

Also, coming from someone who has done this for many years now, I can tell you that it's a tremendous waste of time. I almost regret not getting into something else. Security jobs (at least working for guard companies) have almost no room for real advancement. You'd be lucky to get a $.50 raise every other year, which hardly adjusts for inflation/cost of living. Your best bet would be to work in what is referred to as "proprietary" security, meaning, you work directly for the employer whose post you're manning, rather than a security company that puts you there. These positions however, are increasingly rare, and are often scooped up by guys like me with a lot of experience and certificates or better yet retired ex-cops/ex-firemen. It is EXTREMELY rare for someone with no experience on their resume to get scooped up by an office building or hotel. BUT...even THOSE jobs kinda suck, sometimes. Almost all security jobs that are below the management level pay less than $40K and most of those pay under $25K. Spending $1000 to obtain this kind of gig, is merely paying someone to guarantee the "privelege" that you'll always remain a member of the working poor. Take that $1000, throw it in a CD or invest in a business and go work for Macy's/GAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Person with a brain in New York, New York

45 months ago

Marissa in New York, New York said: If you don't want to pay money, then don't look for good jobs. Real Estate, Insurance, Board of Education, Acting, Security Guards, Bartenders...jajajaja anyway you look at it, if you don't want to work for a cheap job working for $5/hr, you have to sacrifice certain things YES like taking classes and paying for them. Or do you think that really good jobs like Police Officers, Doctors, Lawyers, even actors got their jobs for free??? noooooooooooooo so basically a word of advice...if you dont want to pay money to get what you need for a good paying job, then go and look for restaurants or stores.

Do you even know what you're talking about?? The only dues a person should pay is for NYS Application, Fingerprints (L-51) and the 8 and 16 hour. People are not asking for free courses. These people are asking for something reasonable and fair. So this is my "cluster of words of advice"

1. Learn how to spell.
2. Know about what you're writing about.
3. Actors dont pay to be actors (I am a SAG Unionized "extra". You pay your union fees, and thats it)
4. Since who works for five dollars an hour??? Illegals, maybe? But last time I checked, in NYS the minimum wage is 7.25 an hour.

Marissa, stop being a dick, and next time; at least read the comments...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

marissa in New York, New York said: jajaja
this is so funny. ah guys i hope you send me the invitation to see you guys in court making a fool out of yourselves. lol. maybe is because of your attitudes that you dont have a job. ooo and JMS my brothers a lawyer and let me tell you, AS SOON AS THE JUDGE ASKS IF YOU READ THE CONTRACT BEFORE SIGNING IT AND YOU SAY YES OR NO, THE CASE IS OVER! i honestly dont care if you sue or not but it would be fun if u did go 2 court....ooo guys dont forget to send me the invitation.

LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

your 18 years experience, versus someone who has literally no experience, in the field. Its not just common sense. Common sense is a rarity. Maybe Security veterans, can be a bit productive and help out newbies figure it out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Harrison in Astoria, New York

45 months ago

Another one to watch out for "Corporate Security Alliance", the place is as much of a scam as "Urban Dynamics". It's only been around for barely 2 months & already has 2 complaints vs them in the BBBs files. Second: when I went down there & showed my credentials including my Security License, I was still asked to show my 8 & 16 hour. Third: Outside of the receptionists area all the desks were basically folding desks & all the computers I saw were of the laptop type, not 1 desktop.

They offer front desk positions if you if you get your CPR through them, very similar to things Urban Dynamics use to say. For those that don't know, front desk positions in security are super rare, you're usually standing. They also have a no refund policy, even on deposits. Oh yeah, the $80 CPR course, suddenly became $280 when I went there. In fact, here's a little correction to what I wrote earler, Urban Dynamics looks legit compared to these guys.

Will in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

Person with a brain in New York, New York said: your 18 years experience, versus someone who has literally no experience, in the field. Its not just common sense. Common sense is a rarity. Maybe Security veterans, can be a bit productive and help out newbies figure it out?

I am being more than a bit productive here. I am telling prospective security guards to not only not waste their money with placement agencies, but to also not waste their time being a security guard whatsoever. The only thing that pays less is McDonald's/Taco Bell. There is more money to be made by delivering for a busy pizza shop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Will in Brooklyn, New York said: I am being more than a bit productive here. I am telling prospective security guards to not only not waste their money with placement agencies, but to also not waste their time being a security guard whatsoever. The only thing that pays less is McDonald's/Taco Bell. There is more money to be made by delivering for a busy pizza shop.

Admittedly Security pays peanuts, but it's typically a regular stream of peanuts. Also it depends on the license. FSDs start at $16 & Armed Security is usually around that, the rub there is that Armed Security is usally retired or off duty cops, so them vs me I lose. Admittedly $16 in NYC isn't that much either, even provided it's a 40 hour week, but at least you can live on that (although you'll usually be living on section 8 or the projects or with someone).

In my case, I don't exactly have other offers at the moment, so it's peanuts or starvation.

Will in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

Well, here is the deal regarding FSDs:

1. $16 is not a guaranteed starting rate. I have 14 years experience as an FSD and I was once offered $10.50 by some horrible guard company (Guardian?) about 5 years ago. Much like regular security guards, the pay has not really gone up in 12-15 years. Working for a security company, you're more likely to be offered $14 or maybe $15 to start. A very small minority of better companies will pay $16-$18....one or two may even give you $19 or $20, but they will hardly ever entrust a high paying account to a newly certified FSD, which brings me to:

3. You don't just get an FSD license like a regular security license (i.e. by having a pulse, $36, and the ability to sign your name). In addition to going to school and passing the tests, you will also need to have a documented 3-5 years of experience in law enforcement/military/security/FIrefighting, a college degree that somehow relatesnto fire prevention or disaster management, or some combination thereof.

It's all a tremendous waste if time. I have (presumably) illegal immigrants on my block who drive BMWs (no GUARANTEE of wealth, but certainly not really an attainable asset for any guard/FSD not living with Mommy). Anyway, these guys fund this seemingly lavish lifestyle by working in kitchens and doing construction work and I'd recommend for any young person just entering the job force to do the same.

45 months ago

Will in Brooklyn, New York said: Well, here is the deal regarding FSDs:

1. $16 is not a guaranteed starting rate. I have 14 years experience as an FSD and I was once offered $10.50 by some horrible guard company (Guardian?) about 5 years ago. Much like regular security guards, the pay has not really gone up in 12-15 years. Working for a security company, you're more likely to be offered $14 or maybe $15 to start. A very small minority of better companies will pay $16-$18....one or two may even give you $19 or $20, but they will hardly ever entrust a high paying account to a newly certified FSD, which brings me to:

3. You don't just get an FSD license like a regular security license (i.e. by having a pulse, $36, and the ability to sign your name). In addition to going to school and passing the tests, you will also need to have a documented 3-5 years of experience in law enforcement/military/security/FIrefighting, a college degree that somehow relatesnto fire prevention or disaster management, or some combination thereof.

It's all a tremendous waste if time. I have (presumably) illegal immigrants on my block who drive BMWs (no GUARANTEE of wealth, but certainly not really an attainable asset for any guard/FSD not living with Mommy). Anyway, these guys fund this seemingly lavish lifestyle by working in kitchens and doing construction work and I'd recommend for any young person just entering the job force to do the same.

Yeah but the rub in my case as I wrote before, I've got nothing else heading my way ATM. I'm hoping the MTA gets back to me but that's a crap shoot waiting on their test. I use what funds I get from my bi-weekly paychanges to apply for the city & state exams (the Federal exams i've taken thus far have been free). I certainly don't wanna be doing this 'till I drop dead.

Thanx for the FSD info, it's more food for thought.

st in Jackson Heights, New York

45 months ago

Harrison in Astoria, New York said: Who can recommend a good security training acency? I use to go to Haganah, but he's no longer around. I don't trust Urban Dynamics or whatever they call themselves now & I for singed by Corporate Security Alliance. While I'm here I'd also like to know a good, & relatively cheap place where I can get my annual/refresher.

Blue Steel Security, Inc.
Be the first to review

397 Bridge St Floor 2 Brooklyn, NY 11201

They are reasonable priced and recognized by the state that is where I WENT IN Aug. 2011

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

A Friend in Mount Vernon, New York

45 months ago

Christopher in Brooklyn, New York said: Didn't you read ANY of the things posted about this place. It is the worst, and there are others connected to them. Do your homework. Some of us have been trying hard as hell to get the word out. READ. Urban Dynamics is the WORST.
And:
GM Security, NYC
AGS, Advance Guard Systems
RTCE/Cp International
First Security
National Security
Security Associates

dont forget LJW is another one except they look like professional con-artist

Harrison in Woodside, New York

45 months ago

You forgot one.

Corporate Security Alliance. In fact a couple of the people who worked at Urban Dynamics work there. I'm fairly certain Urban Dynamics changed it's name (to keep ahead of the BBB) but I don't know what they call themselves now.

StrongFuture in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

45 months ago

Never pay any employment agency! You will get ripped off. Even the recruiter who don't charge a fee to are liars and cheats. Never pay to be abused when you can get it for free. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ari Lo in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

wow!! are you telling me this scamming from this company has been going on for three to four years are you serious.Well it wasn't me but it was my boyfriend, we was almost scam but a good girlfriend like me did some research.He was called last week on Wednesday October fifth, two-thousand and eleven for an interview for an front desk position. A guy told him to ask for Mr.Frank, when he calls back if he is available. He gets his interview date. And a guy tells him to bring his SS card,Photo I.D., Resume, and one hundred dollars for training and certification.He said that the job was basically checking people in and escorting them to their rooms. Hello, it sounded pretty fishy to me why didn't they give him an Hotel name or some sort.So I typed in the address on the laptop and review such as this came up. Oh, so now were getting somewhere... is what i said in my head. So something told me to call and ask one simple question that is, "Is this company a scam". the guy asked did i set up for an interview,he never answered my question after I asked him three times and I got the same answer. So I hung up and called back, asked him again, he said the same thing and I called him a b*&^$ just to see what he would say, i hung up. he calls me back, and wow i was sucked the guy cursed me out. I told my baby oh no that's a scam cause I know a real company is suppose to be way more professional than that.I think more people should call them and ask that same question and let them know that they are posted on the internet as scam company.They set people up for interviews give you the run-around just to take your money and leave you with no job.

Ari Lo in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

i forget to mention I discovered that " Urban Outfitters" is one of the other names urban dynamics use.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kroner in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

This forum is beynon stupid!!!

urban outfitters is a clothing store that has nothing to do with Security.

Eric in bush wick Brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

Don't go to king security it's a freaking scam it's on 44th st. Btwn 1st and 2nd ave they ask for $60 then when you get there then they promise u a whole bunch of training and job placaement for a life time but............for a much higher price a ms Molina was to give me a interview but she is a telephone operator and when you walk in the office right away warning bells go off the offi e looks like a phone booth

Eric in bush wick Brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

Don't go to king security they are not legit their at 303east 44th street btwn first and second avenues I made a interview with a ms Molina when I got there she's telephone operator they promised me for $60.00 I would get the eight hour class because I had a expired licence from 94 then came the bullish,.t so beware everybody and good luck . P.s go to blue steel training it's not to costly and former cops train you.

young lady boss in Purchase, New York

45 months ago

nisha in Rosedale, New York said: oh man i don't even care about the pay i just need a job well i don't mean that lol the minimum $8 i guess do you know any good good schools and places that will hire you?&& are you a security guard yourself ? sorry for all the questions

REALL SCHOOL
www.neweraemployment.info

45 months ago

Kroner in Brooklyn, New York said: This forum is beynon stupid!!!

urban outfitters is a clothing store that has nothing to do with Security.

WORD. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

45 months ago

Victim in Bronx, New York said: Has there been any word on "On Time Security Training School" 303 east 44th Street?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

THEY ARE FAKE DO NOT GO!!
GO TO >>www.neweraemployment.info
THEY ARE REAL LICENSED SCHOOLS

45 months ago

Lola in Brooklyn, New York said: does anyone know about Coorporte Security i have a inteview tomorrow and they are asking me to bring 80 dollars for the b.check?? can someone answer me pleasee before I waste my money

they are fake

Ari lo in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

No u shud not got they're another company thAt scams people for money.I would most definitely say do not go Nd waste yur money

st in Jackson Heights, New York

45 months ago

Do not pay 80 it is a scam they will say it is for a background check and say you need to take more course and overcharge for them then send you jobs that are not hiring or companies you can look up yourself stay away

young lady boss in Bronx, New York

44 months ago

FAKE AGENCY>>> ((( Corporate Security Alliance ))) at 240 w 37st btw 7 & 8 (suite 307A) IS A FAKE ALLIACE THEY HAVE NO JOBS !!!!!! AVOID THEM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Harrison in Sunnyside, New York

44 months ago

young lady boss in Bronx, New York said: FAKE AGENCY>>> ((( Corporate Security Alliance ))) at 240 w 37st btw 7 & 8 (suite 307A) IS A FAKE ALLIACE THEY HAVE NO JOBS !!!!!! AVOID THEM

Many who work there also worked for Urban Dynamics.

MR Ace Scum Bag in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

stephanie in New York, New York said: I applied last night for a receptionist position at "Urban Dynamics" aka "Security Associates". I got a call right away this morning telling me if I was able to be interviewed at 6pm. that it had to be today because they needed to fill the position by today. The man "Mr. Grant" automatically said the background check would be $100. at first I didn't think there was a problem. But something wasn't right during the phonecall not once did he tell me the company's name, even when I asked. so I googled the address which was 2 East 42nd Street 5th Ave. and after searching I came across this. I was even preparing myself for the interview thank God I checked before going and paying $100!!

I got a call from the same place so I looked up the address and found this. Think god I didn't go. Thanks for the heads up. One of there email address is joboppor8@yahoo.com

SumGuyAj in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

has anyone heard of JOB FORCE ONE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

security guard in New York, New York

44 months ago

SumGuyAj in Brooklyn, New York said: has anyone heard of JOB FORCE ONE?

i have the got me my present job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

i have

44 months ago

i work at the airport

TryingHardToFindWork in Arlington, Virginia

44 months ago

Young Lady Boss and Security Guard, what in the world are you two trying to say? This is a thread about sketchy NYC temp agencies, not about whatever it is you two are talking about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Daniel Mastroianni in ny, New York

44 months ago

HJB in Bronx, New York said: That,makes,a,whole,lot,of,sense,you,don't,find,the,real,security,companies,them,srcam
compaines,are,taking,alway,the,real,security,companies,lucky,I,found,two,Good,real,Security
Companies,like,Allied,Barton,and,Summit,Security,Services,it's,Hard,to,find,them,
on,the,newspaper,even,craigs,list!

HJB in Bronx, New York said: That,makes,a,whole,lot,of,sense,you,don't,find,the,real,security,companies,them,srcam
compaines,are,taking,alway,the,real,security,companies,lucky,I,found,two,Good,real,Security
Companies,like,Allied,Barton,and,Summit,Security,Services,it's,Hard,to,find,them,
on,the,newspaper,even,craigs,list!

I HAVE THE PHONE NUMBER FOR ALLIED BARTON SECURITY. AND FOR SUMMIT SECURITY . A SECURITY GUARD IN MANHATTAN GAVE ME THE PHONE NUMBERS TO THESE LEGIT SECURITY COMPANIES. I WENT TO "URBAN DYNAMICS" AKA NOW KNOWN AS "ALWAYS VIGILANT" AND YES THEY ARE SAYING LIES BUT THING IS I RECEIVED MY FINGERPRINTS AND CERTIFICATES SO AT LEAST THOSE ARE LEGIT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unempolyed in Little Neck, New York

44 months ago

Went to Access Global Security Corp (330 W.38th Street Suite 205) for an interview with Ms. Chavez, then sat at the waiting room for almost 1/2 hr and actually finish watching The Return of The Planet of The Apes. Anyway, finally saw some short Spanish kid and he told me about what classes I needed to take, so I flash him my Security Guard License. He insisted that I should take my FireGuard, and I challenge him that I can take the F-94 exam and get all the material off the net for free and pay them only $25. Stumbling, he then told me that's only good for "low level" places, and the place that they deal with are all high rise and corp building and I need to take a F-00 thru them so that I can work anywhere. Guess what, I did my research prior to the interview, so I hit him with the facts, F-00 is only a piece of letter issue by the FNDY, and it is not a Certificate of Fitness (FG) and it can not be renewed. Upon getting "wacked" by this knowledge, he called for backup and some guy came in the office saying that I still need a letter of recommendation in order to receive my Fire Guard. So I asked him, when is a letter of recommendation cost $100? Both of them back tracked, and told me this is not a job for me, and just show me the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sickofthescams in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

lisa in Brooklyn, New York said: home boy or girl i did not sign no type of contract i paid for my certificate and my license i signed no contract
why would you sign a contract and your just in a security class taking a test dummy if you go back and read
my post i explained you pay for your certificate and your license but not for employment and you don't sign a contract
untill you are hired from a security company not a security class

in these tough economic times it is hard to tell what is real from what is fake. but these so called employment agencies take money fromm people who are already struggling and they promise them employment only after a sum of $300-$500 is paid. I called help me howard because i don't want someone else to find themself in the same position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sickofthescams in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

I called a number that I saw on craigs list about positions available in maintenance. My husband is new here in New York and he was interested in working on the books. It was about 9pm when I made the phone call and at about 9:45 a woman who introduced herself to me as Lisa called back. She explained that her agency found jobs for individuals and that a fee of $130 had to be paid only if the applicant was hired. I was a bit thrown but it was late so I set up an appointment for my husband to go in for an interview the next day. Lisa gave me a number stated that my husband should call if he had any questions. she seemed nice but then again most scam artists seem that way. She asked me if I had any other questions and I asked if there were any other costs associated with this deal and she said NO none. the following day (TODAY TO BE EXACT) my husband went to 519 8th avenue in suite 808. when he got there he asked for lisa since that was what he was instructed to do. He never met lisa but another individual interviewed him. This individual who has yet to state his name in all of this wrote out two receipts in the amount of $100 and $30 then anounced that my husband was hired. he then had my husband sign documents stating that he was now an employee of their agency. following that oscar winning performance this gentleman told my husband that he would start working once $400 was paid. My husband called me immediately. realizing that it was a SCAM i told my husband to ask for his money back. the gentleman who conducted the BOGUS interview then told my husband that the receipt stated none refundable. I CALLED LISAS NUMBER FROM MY CELLPHONE AND ONCE I TOLD HER THAT I HAD CALLED HELP ME HOWARD SHE CALLED HER SO CALLED BOSS AND TOLD HIM THAT I HAD CALLED BACK. HER BOSS CALLED ME FROM A PRIVATE NUMBER STATING THAT HE CALLING FROM HOME. I ended the conversation after about 2 minutes. They are playing with FIRE and they are about to get burned.

44 months ago

i went to global security and they had me watch some alien invasion movie and then this Guy named "Lieutenant Oliver" told me to walk in...then they said i needed my F00 to work in big buildings and i told them i went to ALWAYS VIGILANTE (aka URBAN DYNAMICS ) and that i had given them my last paycheck and didn't have any money left. so they told me that to go back there and to get a reaponse bcuz i signed a contract and they needed to do their part of the deal. So then I went to ALWAYS VIGILANTE and told them i met up with a Lieutenant Oliver and they said he is a nobody and that he use to work for them but got fired....both of these people are trying to catch me in stupid mode but IM not one to fool. so anyways the job placement Guy named Mr.Collins sent me somewhere where they so retail though ALWAYS VIGILANTE states they don't do that...why send me somewhere that you knw u told us u didn't do. Anywho I've been looking for a job and went to SUMMIT SECURITY and those people are super legit....dis a background check and everything plus my brother got a call back from them...he got a job faster cuz of his military experience. if any of you had been to ALWAYS VIGILANTE aka URBAN DYNAMICS, I GOT A QUESTION .....WHY HAVEN'T YOU SUED? ??? U can bcuz its a fraud....they are decepting people and saying a lie...that...is ILLEGAL...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

THINKING OF GOING TO WORK FORCE ONE FOR HELP ON A JOB. THATS THE MOST LEGIT PLACE ANYONE CAN GO TO. ANYONE FOUND A GREAT JOB AS SECURITY IN CORPORATE BUILDING YET?

Unemployed in Little Neck, New York

44 months ago

Daniel Mastroianni in ny, New York said: THINKING OF GOING TO WORK FORCE ONE FOR HELP ON A JOB. THATS THE MOST LEGIT PLACE ANYONE CAN GO TO. ANYONE FOUND A GREAT JOB AS SECURITY IN CORPORATE BUILDING YET?

I went to a Work Force One session claiming they have a security office position available. I sat there along with four other people to wait our turn, and one of the representative moved us into another conference room to do a pre-interview for the job. After that, the rep. of Work Force One gave us a paper to go to this place all Front-Line Security Agency to look for placement. Boy, that was a waste of time. We sat through a meaningless (to me anyway) introduction, and then hand out an employee manual. Looks pretty legit and organized, then gave us all a security t-shirt as well. When its time for me to have the one-on-one interview, I show them I have already obtain my SG license, probably realize that they can't make a dime out of me, they told me to wait for a phone call from them for a position. That was about 3 weeks ago. . . so go figure?!?!? Bottom line, I still think workforce one is still a pretty good place to go, but they just have to do better on the screening process for the places that they offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.