Fraudulent NYC employment agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1251 to 1300 of 1754)
Page:  « First « Previous   23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next »   Last »

ronald jimenez in Garfield, New Jersey

34 months ago

Tina in South Ozone Park, New York said: Has anyone ever heard of Atlantic Security at 44 4th Avenue, Brooklyn NY ?
Are they scammers ?

I think their a scam but not too sure as yet. I have all my security licenses/certifications.
I figured out they might be scamming me when I went in for an interview then they hired me on the spot
then told me to come in the next day to start working the night shift and receive my free uniform.
So I go in the next day and the owner Joseph So tells me that I can't work today because he gave the
night shift to someone else and he is very busy right now and cannot give me my uniform so I must
come in on a different day which would be today Friday.
Before going in he let me know that he charges a $92 insurance liability fee and asked if I could pay
that. I have yet to pay that but he has copied all my documents such as SS card, state i.d., proof of address
and etc. He claims I'm hired but he keeps telling me I can't work yet. I'm very pissed regarding this and will
be going there with my husband to find out if this is a scam,

I have called Joseph numerous times but he's not picking up to my calls anymore.
He let his so called assistant picked up my last call because I called so many times in 10 minutes.
I hate my time being wasted especially when I am more than qualified for a job that I don't know is real.
So many scam jobs out there especially in the security field.

i want to know if they legit they told me if they hire me i have to pay 100 this is a scam or na

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ftroopify 02 in Brooklyn, New York

34 months ago

I remember going to them to renew my 8hr certificate, but as to them being a legitimate security company is news to me. Any time they ask for money, make sure you are GUARANTEED a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

silmore in New York, New York

33 months ago

Guys you need to check out this company Angel Outreach Solutions. I was tired of the same old routine run around from other companies like Atlantic Security, who kept trying to charge me money for nothing and asking me to take ridiculous courses and throwing out shady job guarantees. These guys at Angel Out Reach solutions were able to steer me in the right direction helped with getting affordable training, and then turned around and was able to deliver and got me a security job. Compared to the 300 dollars i lost a year ago with Atlantic Security i consider myself Lucky Now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tony in Bronx, New York

33 months ago

does any one know about ST. MORITZ SECURITY SERVICES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Humble in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

Can someone list legit security company's that hire you if you have your 8hr, 16hr and security license, also can someone that has a job in security recommend me a place they work at or know for a fact I can get a job, thank you for the help I appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Frank in New York, New York

33 months ago

Those guys are great! I was skeptical since I was taken by another company or over a thousand dollars. But this place was different from the start - it was so professional! To start with it helps that they're not a school so they're not trying to sell you on useless classes. Actually they actually paid money to help me get my CPR. The guy I dealt with was amazing. He tutored me to help me with interviews and withing 2 1/2 weeks I was hired. Thank you Angel Outreach Solutions - you changed my life when I had no where else to turn.

silmore in New York, New York said: Guys you need to check out this company Angel Outreach Solutions. I was tired of the same old routine run around from other companies like Atlantic Security, who kept trying to charge me money for nothing and asking me to take ridiculous courses and throwing out shady job guarantees. These guys at Angel Out Reach solutions were able to steer me in the right direction helped with getting affordable training, and then turned around and was able to deliver and got me a security job. Compared to the 300 dollars i lost a year ago with Atlantic Security i consider myself Lucky Now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

darcy in Fresh Meadows, New York

33 months ago

Tony, St. Moritz is legit, and a good company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Frank in New York, New York

33 months ago

Those guys are great! I was skeptical since I was taken by another company or over a thousand dollars. But this place was different from the start - it was so professional! To start with it helps that they're not a school so they're not trying to sell you on useless classes. Actually they actually paid money to help me get my CPR. The guy I dealt with was amazing. He tutored me to help me with interviews and withing 2 1/2 weeks I was hired. Thank you Angel Outreach Solutions - you changed my life when I had no where else to turn.

silmore in New York, New York said: Guys you need to check out this company Angel Outreach Solutions. I was tired of the same old routine run around from other companies like Atlantic Security, who kept trying to charge me money for nothing and asking me to take ridiculous courses and throwing out shady job guarantees. These guys at Angel Out Reach solutions were able to steer me in the right direction helped with getting affordable training, and then turned around and was able to deliver and got me a security job. Compared to the 300 dollars i lost a year ago with Atlantic Security i consider myself Lucky Now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

i have a job in New York, New York

33 months ago

Frank in New York, New York said: Those guys are great! I was skeptical since I was taken by another company or over a thousand dollars. But this place was different from the start - it was so professional! To start with it helps that they're not a school so they're not trying to sell you on useless classes. Actually they actually paid money to help me get my CPR. The guy I dealt with was amazing. He tutored me to help me with interviews and withing 2 1/2 weeks I was hired. Thank you Angel Outreach Solutions - you changed my life when I had no where else to turn.

BS you work for them.A LEGIT AND HELP FULL COMPANY WILL NEVER BE ON A BLOG LIKE THIS.There linked to first security.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

ronald jimenez in Garfield, New Jersey said: i want to know if they legit they told me if they hire me i have to pay 100 this is a scam or na

I think they were previously known as American Security Training at 40 - 4th Ave. and had their license revoked in 2010.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in New Hyde Park, New York

33 months ago

I called a school on Long Island and made the trip from Bellrose Queens to Garden City. It was Professional Saftey & Security Training
there across the street from the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City.
The promise you nothing except for fair prices for there classes and they helped us with our State Apps and fingerprinting.
It cost me $70 for my 8hr class for my license and 135 for the next class which was a 2 day 16 hr class..that was a total of $205. divide out 24 hours for 3 days of classes they make like 8.50 per hour. It looks like a fewe of you paid ALOT more than I did.
Good honest place and they never promise you a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

J in staten island in Carteret, New Jersey

33 months ago

Hello there
I was wondering if anyone has dealt with ljw security services at 237 west 37th street not for security jobs for jobs like maintanence has anyone ever dealt with someone by the name of joseph plantz if so can you give me any background about this guy or any other names of people who work there so i know if this a a legimate job offer or a scam please you can email me at jab041474@gmail.com i would really appreciate it and to let me know if this is a good person to deal with Thank You

Sincerely Yours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

J in staten island in Carteret, New Jersey

33 months ago

is there ever a time when O.S.H.A classes are mandatory how do you know when these classes are legit or if its a compnay putting you thru it just 2 get more money from you how can you know the difference

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

mrodriguez in Bayside, New York

33 months ago

Wayne in Queens,NY in East Elmhurst, New York said: Has anyone heard of or is familiar with a company called Security/For/America-they did not ask me for money

Yes. Whatever you do DON'T GO BACK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mech-Phree in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

Any job/staffing company that ask for money up front and promises the job is a scam. Most uniforms for security are provided free and if not they will just deduct the money from your first check.

jcntjimenez@yahoo.com in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

LCarolina in New York, New York said: I finished my classes with GM Security about a month ago and I really regret, if anybody has any idea of getting these ppl back, please contact me lauri_carolina@yahoo.com, thanks. :)

For all of you had taken security 8 hours 16 hours and fire guard. Understand as far as the fireguard, only the NY Fire Dept in downtown Brooklyn gives this course thru the Fire Marshall or one of their employees. The 8 hours and 16 hours you may want to check with the state and see if your certification was submitted to say you did take these courses.

NOTE: There are plenty of fake's out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

BigBear in Lavallette, New Jersey

33 months ago

How do they even get the nerve to concoct this scheme and what kind of low lifes work there knowingly deceiving people out of hard earned cash? At least the Nigerian Bank E-mail Schemers stay anonymous and you can see through their lies.

Is there a special recruiting agency for scumbags who can't look themselves in the mirror where they get their employees?

I know Urban Dynamics was started by some old Jewish schyster, but don't the people who work for him have some integrity or remorse?

I once worked for one of those NYC Energy companies, after a week or so, I started seeing a pattern of my "supervisor" telling people one thing and then doing another. Even when they confronted him with the "new low-cost Energy Bill" about not delivering what he promised, he would still lie to my face that "they just want to complain about nothing." He even asked ME to buy him lunch on my first day, making me doubt if there was any legit income in this line of work.

I promptly quit after a week and told the guy he should be ashamed of himself, but I guess it just rolls off their back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

night4854 in Fresh Meadows, New York

33 months ago

i just called this company.this guy mr diaz said i need to bring 80 bucks and the address is 244 west 49th street 8th broadway..and come to 7th floor.never ever go,these guys are scammers...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

jcntjimenez@yahoo.com in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

As I said yesterday the Fire Guard Cert. is given by the NYFD no instructor gives this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rob Lower in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

BigBear in Lavallette, New Jersey said: How do they even get the nerve to concoct this scheme and what kind of low lifes work there knowingly deceiving people out of hard earned cash? At least the Nigerian Bank E-mail Schemers stay anonymous and you can see through their lies.

Is there a special recruiting agency for scumbags who can't look themselves in the mirror where they get their employees?

I know Urban Dynamics was started by some old Jewish schyster, but don't the people who work for him have some integrity or remorse?

I once worked for one of those NYC Energy companies, after a week or so, I started seeing a pattern of my "supervisor" telling people one thing and then doing another. Even when they confronted him with the "new low-cost Energy Bill" about not delivering what he promised, he would still lie to my face that "they just want to complain about nothing." He even asked ME to buy him lunch on my first day, making me doubt if there was any legit income in this line of work.

I promptly quit after a week and told the guy he should be ashamed of himself, but I guess it just rolls off their back.

Yeah I found two video clips from youtube. One is of help me Howard and the other one is a shame on you report. Both of the clips show how much of a scam these people are. What goes around comes around so these people will get there's in the end. Here are the clips from youtube:www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RHG_fXeVq4&feature=related and here is the other www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnNZyajqZPs Please I beg of you check these clips out before you get scammed by these lowlife peace of scum!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Big Bear in Paramus, New Jersey

32 months ago

Rob Lower in Brooklyn, New York said: Yeah I found two video clips from youtube. One is of help me Howard and the other one is a shame on you report. Both of the clips show how much of a scam these people are. What goes around comes around so these people will get there's in the end. Here are the clips from youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RHG_fXeVq4&feature=related and here is the other www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnNZyajqZPs Please I beg of you check these clips out before you get scammed by these lowlife peace of scum!!!

Yea Rob, those are good clips to get an inside look at how they operate. Wish I'd seen them before I bothered going at all. Those are both from over 4 years ago and it sucks that it wasn't enough to shut them down permanently. They just moved to another location, changed their location and operate the same scheme.

But on the plus side, you don't need a News anchor to get you your initial deposit back. Just file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau website and they'll have a mediator get it back. Happy to say they got me my $100 back and the check arrived & cleared yesterday! So go that route instead of getting angry and making a hasty decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leo Marte in Netherlands

32 months ago

This is a great company. Though the work is mindless, this place does help people get their certification, license, and place people into actual jobs. It's not a scam like so many other companies in the city.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Yep, they are very smooth. It wasn't until I was leaving that i started to get suspicious. First, there were 20 people sitting there, waiting for their interview when I left as opposed to the 2 people when I came in.

And when I told the guy, I may not be able to come back the NEXT day for training, his demeanor changed and he was trying to sell me on the guarantee of a job if I complete the training sooner than later. But he said it would be no sooner than the following Tuesday.

Then I realized it was a scam when his "secretary" called my just a few hours later to tell me I not only HAD to attend the training tomorrow and if I paid the full amount of $338, I'd be working full-time the day after training was complete. Which I thought was impossible or very shady at best and completely different from what the interviewer told me.

I was lucky to get my $100 deposit back, but I guess they don't the Better Business Bureau coming after them, so they'll pay out to appease them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Spanishfly in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

Where did u go to???...the official place that is...lol...i just came from someplace downtown mann w 31st n walked out...smfh...

lisa in Brooklyn, New York said: If you do not have a security license then yes you will have to pay 135.00 they will take that out of your check each time you get paid to pay it off. you have to pay 25.00 for your 8 hr certificate just to get you working If you already have your license,8 and 16 certificate then you should not have to pay for work that is what the scammers have been doing to the people who have license they will say we need 80.00 or 125.00 deposit and then they promise you a job beware of the mr scotts,ms maria,any thing with mr or ms and make sure it is not a cell phone number. if they can't meet you in the correct company they are representing then don't go on the interview these scammers have ads in the daily news,the employment guide,ny post you name it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

davida rowley in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

There is a link where you can check how many people are employed under every licensed security agency for NYS. Dont know about other states... In NY the website is appext9.dos.state.ny.us/lcns_public/bus_name_search_frm.

Allied Barton and Securitas are the top two agencies in the US. They have thousands of employees listed under their roster. If you check a company and they have 4 people or none then you know it's not a good look!

davida rowley in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

The only licensed security agency in NY with the name Atlantic is
ATLANTIC SECURITY INT'NL INVESTIGATIONS INC. They have no employees listed under their roster. Check this website appext9.dos.state.ny.us/lcns_public/bus_name_inq_frm

jw23321 in New York, New York

32 months ago

I WAS LOOKING FOR A JOB COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, . I CALL AN ADVERTISE ON THE DAILY NEWS. I SPOKE WITH A LADY NAME MS. APRIL SHE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO PAY $75 DOLLARS FOR TRAINING AFTER THAT I WAS GUARANTEE A JOB TO START THE FOLLOWING MONDAY. I WENT THE NEXT DAY, WHEN I GOT THERE I SAW HER SUPERVISOR NAME MR. JAMES. HE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO PAY $300 DOLLARS FOR THE BASIC TRAINING, THAT I AFTER I FINISH TRAINING I WAS GOING TO START WORKING. I FINISH TRAINING AND AFTER THEY SEND ME TO 4 OTHER COMPANIES. THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT RELATED WITH CORPORATE SECURITY. THEY HAVEN'T GET ME A JOB. THIS WAS SCAM THEY TOKE MY MONEY AND DID NOT GOT ME A JOB. DON'T GO TO THAT PLACE YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE YOUR MONEY!! , m

412 8lth ave, 2f, new york, ny 10001
410 8lth ave, 2f, new york, ny 10001

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jw23321 in New York, New York

32 months ago

I WAS LOOKING FOR A JOB COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, . I CALL AN ADVERTISE ON THE DAILY NEWS. I SPOKE WITH A LADY NAME MS. APRIL SHE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO PAY $75 DOLLARS FOR TRAINING AFTER THAT I WAS GUARANTEE A JOB TO START THE FOLLOWING MONDAY. I WENT THE NEXT DAY, WHEN I GOT THERE I SAW HER SUPERVISOR NAME MR. JAMES. HE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO PAY $300 DOLLARS FOR THE BASIC TRAINING, THAT I AFTER I FINISH TRAINING I WAS GOING TO START WORKING. I FINISH TRAINING AND AFTER THEY SEND ME TO 4 OTHER COMPANIES. THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT RELATED WITH CORPORATE SECURITY. THEY HAVEN'T GET ME A JOB. THIS WAS SCAM THEY TOKE MY MONEY AND DID NOT GOT ME A JOB. DON'T GO TO THAT PLACE YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE YOUR MONEY!! , m

CORPORATE SECURITY. SCAM!!
412 8lth ave, 2f, new york, ny 10001
410 8lth ave, 2f, new york, ny 10001

Nad11 in Flushing, New York

32 months ago

Ok everyone i have read enough experiences on what everyone has gone through . But the real deal is WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT . We were scammed and were not going to fight back ? These pigs are luaghing at us and thats becuase they think we wont do anything about it . Yes we all can admit we made a stupid move for going through with this but we all want to work we need money so of course in desperate measures some one guarantes you a job were gonna do what is told. I have a family and thats all i thought about . Now i went this monday and they guaranted me a maintenance job before i gave him money . I specifically said am i going to get hired he said 100% guarented .
Now i called him the next day multiple times no answer so i gave a text . No answer until later on that night around 730 pm saying hell look at his email and get back to me in the morning . So i told him 100% that i read about scamming from ljw and he said he doesnt scam anyone and hell speak to me in the morning . I know i shouldve done my research before but hey like i said i needed a job i was desperate . So comes today no phone call or text back of any update .

But like i said we need to get togethor either report this , or shut them down by force please who ever is with me on this we need to plan !! I dont like the idea of being lied too and robbed !

Nad11 in Ephrata, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

The building i went to was 237w 37st between 7and 8 ave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Nad, when you say a "maintenance job", do you mean like a custodian job?

Because if so, then it seems the scammers have changed their tune to avoid being called out on the false security job claims! Now they're lying to us about having Custodial jobs?

That is really terrible, they think they can just change one detail of their Scam and people will still fall for it.

Like I said earlier, you can contact the Better Business Bureau to get some money back. Make sure you give a detailed account and tell them you were lied to.

Good luck!

31 months ago

BigBear in Lavallette, New Jersey said: Nad, when you say a "maintenance job", do you mean like a custodian job?

Because if so, then it seems the scammers have changed their tune to avoid being called out on the false security job claims! Now they're lying to us about having Custodial jobs?

That is really terrible, they think they can just change one detail of their Scam and people will still fall for it.

Like I said earlier, you can contact the Better Business Bureau to get some money back. Make sure you give a detailed account and tell them you were lied to.

Good luck!

Hey thanks for replying . Yes the guy gave me a reciept i have his phone number and name , and like i said before i gave him anything i said this is a guarentte ? And he replied yes 100% guarantte ! I would like my money back but i would really want these guys stopped and pay the consequences for there lies and misleading . Besides contacting the buisness bereau how can we stop them . And yea to answer your first question they said custodial and they also are claiming to look for house keepers .

Brian in Gloucester, United Kingdom

31 months ago

tasha in New York, New York said: i went there and they wanted 179 dollars from me i knew it was bull there is no addrss or nothing

Brian here at newyorkrecruitmentagency.com It pays to research these people and report them, thanks to you and the others who have had these problems we are going to put a page on our site to spread the word.
Thanks to all
Brian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

Is Angel Outreach Solutions a scam ? AONYC Dot COM ... ?? Security staffing agency in Manhattan i wanna know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Nad11 in Flushing, New York said: Hey thanks for replying . Yes the guy gave me a reciept i have his phone number and name , and like i said before i gave him anything i said this is a guarentte ? And he replied yes 100% guarantte ! I would like my money back but i would really want these guys stopped and pay the consequences for there lies and misleading . Besides contacting the buisness bereau how can we stop them . And yea to answer your first question they said custodial and they also are claiming to look for house keepers .

Sadly, as long as they change their business name, job "offers", and training fee rates they will continue to get away with it. All they have to do is pay the right people to get started and they are off n running.

What I don't get is why are the people who work for them willingly doing so and ripping off others who are in such dire financial situations?(that they should understand being in that spot themselves) How precisely do they recruit these low-lives, Hell's Rejects Recruiting?

Is making a quick buck REALLY worth selling your soul and cheating the less fortunate?

ron in New York, New York

31 months ago

Dude, The place did right by me, after helping me get the certificates i needed, they were able to staff me. After about three weeks and an interview im working. Not for Nothing, I cant complain.im getting 11.50 an hour. would have loved more, but its a start.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

BigBear in Lavallette, New Jersey said: Sadly, as long as they change their business name, job "offers", and training fee rates they will continue to get away with it. All they have to do is pay the right people to get started and they are off n running.

What I don't get is why are the people who work for them willingly doing so and ripping off others who are in such dire financial situations?(that they should understand being in that spot themselves) How precisely do they recruit these low-lives, Hell's Rejects Recruiting?

Is making a quick buck REALLY worth selling your soul and cheating the less fortunate?

Unfortunately bbb cant do anything for me . I would love to kick this guys ass but i cant afford to et arrested . There has to be some way to get back at them . Can you believe this guy has the nerve to have pictures of his kids and marine awards on his desk while doing this scam . Anybody want his phone number ?

Lazy Raccoon in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

hey! i just got a phone call today from some one named "Mr. Pearson". He told me on the phone to go to 247 W38st for an interview, bring my social, i.d., and $100 with a resume. He said that it's training for 3 days and i'll be placed for a job right away making $17 an hour. it's a good thing i did a google search for the address "247 w38st" and found this article!!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES HERE!!!

i don't have a job and whatever money i have on me is all i have left, i do not need to be scammed!!!

here's a hint, get a google voice number so that way you can block all the scammers from calling you! that's what i just did with "mr. pearson's" number!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MarkRamos in Staten Island, New York

31 months ago

LOL. Wow this is crazy.. Thank god I found this thread about security scams. I contacted a post on Craigslist saying "now hiring!!!! No experience necessary!!!!" Blah blah blah. I get a call maybe a couple days after and then some guy on the phone says he's from Heart Beat Security and asked me have I ever been convicted of anything and all that. I answer his questions and then at the end he says that I would need to bring $80 about being certified and all that. I told him I would call back because I wasn't too sure about it. I called back the same number and a girl picks up named Ms.King and she says the same thing to me and tells me to come in for an interview between 930-10am. I asked what I needed to bring and all she asked was to bring $80 and state ID. Then I searched how to get there and this forum comes up about coming in with money for an interview and it all makes sense now. Heart Beat Security sounds like a complete scam and fits in the description with the rest of these scammers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

davida rowley in Middle Village, New York

31 months ago

This was just on the news last night! Hundreds of NYers scammed. A class action lawsuit is going to be filed soon so if you were a victim please file a police report and take the appropriate steps to resolve the matter.

Just to be clear it is NOT a scam to pay for training IF they are listed as a registered training provider on the NY State website. HOWEVER what is fraudulent is that they tell you they'll get you a job because UNLESS they are an employer (which 95-97% of them are not)...it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to get you a job. On top of that, after you get the 8/16 hour certificates you must apply for the license through the state in order to legally work as a security guard which cost $36 for the application and $120 for the fingerprinting.

Once they get you the certificates, it stops there! Thats all you are paying for. The license and job application part you have to do on your own for the extra state-regulated fees which CANNOT be handled through the training company.

rb in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

I worked with this company for approximatley 3 hours and walked out! This is a scam! I could not eatch these people give away their money,i was a debt collector for them and that wasnt what i was supposedly hired for! These people make comission from taking the money from these prospective employees! I worked with a guy named david that gave me a bill for $3000 and s list of 20 people and yold me to collec.it was disgusting ,not to mention yhe dame company called me a week later asking if was looking for work not realizing i was slready there so RUN, dnt give them adime

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Big Bear in Lavallette, New Jersey

31 months ago

**Update** Another company calling themselves Allianz Security Protection has sprung up recently, brazenly pulling the same scheme and charging upwards of $799 for "training!"

This one is targeting college students and recent high school grads. Many have to get their parents/guardians to take legal action. Don't know the location of the office, but the youngsters have started an anti-facebook page for them. Which may not do much in terms of getting their money back, but may get them investigated by the State of NY.

Do these guys have no shame or even common sense? The heat is on them and they STILL try to operate the same scheme with teenagers now? Be careful that none of your college age relatives fall victim to this garbage!

Emmyp in New York, New York

31 months ago

Anny in Richmond Hill, New York said: so i saw an add on craigslist about a front desk position and they are asking for $80 to certify me, they say ill have to go through tan interview and once done with that if im hired i need to do a dug test background check and then i can start working. . . is this normal?

No, stay Away. ANYONE that asks U for money
Is a scam. If a employer wants u he'll pay for you. Good
Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Nad11 in Flushing, New York said: Ok everyone i have read enough experiences on what everyone has gone through . But the real deal is WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT . We were scammed and were not going to fight back ? These pigs are luaghing at us and thats becuase they think we wont do anything about it . Yes we all can admit we made a stupid move for going through with this but we all want to work we need money so of course in desperate measures some one guarantes you a job were gonna do what is told. I have a family and thats all i thought about . Now i went this monday and they guaranted me a maintenance job before i gave him money . I specifically said am i going to get hired he said 100% guarented .
Now i called him the next day multiple times no answer so i gave a text . No answer until later on that night around 730 pm saying hell look at his email and get back to me in the morning . So i told him 100% that i read about scamming from ljw and he said he doesnt scam anyone and hell speak to me in the morning . I know i shouldve done my research before but hey like i said i needed a job i was desperate . So comes today no phone call or text back of any update .

But like i said we need to get togethor either report this , or shut them down by force please who ever is with me on this we need to plan !! I dont like the idea of being lied too and robbed !

Report them to the Attorney General of NYS. You can call
Or send him a copy of this statement of what happened
To you and believe me, the AG will investigate. Everyone on here write to the AG NOW, with
Your Copies of yr Proof. Do it Now Everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Nad11 in Flushing, New York said: Unfortunately bbb cant do anything for me . I would love to kick this guys ass but i cant afford to et arrested . There has to be some way to get back at them . Can you believe this guy has the nerve to have pictures of his kids and marine awards on his desk while doing this scam . Anybody want his phone number ?

Call the NYS Attorney General 's Office. They will
Tell u to write it all down and send it to the AG

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Big Bear in Lavallette, New Jersey

30 months ago

The Allianz Security scammers are FINALLY getting their kharma!

Arnold Diaz featured them the other day in his "Shame Shame Shame" segment and reported they are being indicted for Employment Fraud, Fraud for Money and Larceny!

Guess they'll really need some security guards to protect THEM in the slammer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Leslie in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

Relaxx in New Jersey said: Thats only one of them. There are multiple "security companies" still ripping people off.
I want to see this happen to SECURITY FOR AMERICA and the multiple others that are scamming people.

Wow. I've been reading all of the comments in here and I'm just blown away. I'm currently embroiled in a pissy little word joust with the "Director" of Security For America over at Scambook.com:

www.scambook.com/report/view/165266/Security-for-America-Inc-Complaint-165266-for-$0.00

I've been collecting info about them (since they have my info in the form of a resume...thought I might as well return the favor since they're kinda scary) and have a few pages of good stuff. I'm keeping it just in case things start to disappear from the internet.

There were a lot of creepy things I completely ignored because I need a job so badly. Go see my posts to read about my super enlightening experience.

MSH in New York, New York

30 months ago

Unfortunately my husband went over there and paid $80.00 for deposit classes.
They don’t pick up phone now. Please help me how to file a complaint to get money back.

30 months ago

MSH in New York, New York said: Unfortunately my husband went over there and paid $80.00 for deposit classes.
They don’t pick up phone now. Please help me how to file a complaint to get money back.

Where and who did he speak to ? I highly doubt he can get his money back i tried bbb but they couldnt do anything for me . I would be more then happy to beat the crap out of the guy though

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Emmyp in New York, New York said: Call the NYS Attorney General 's Office. They will
Tell u to write it all down and send it to the AG

Would this really work ? I am now working but it would be right to get my money back .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.