Fraudulent NYC employment agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1401 to 1450 of 2082)
Page:  « First « Previous   26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next »   Last »

shabaya in Brooklyn, New York

41 months ago

Freeatlass in Baltimore, Maryland said: There are a lot of security companies hiring. Go to Summit Security or US Security
Maximum Security hires right on the spot. They don't pay much but at least you will have
your foot in the door. These companies will not ask for money.

thnks for the info i really need a job

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Helper in Queens Village, New York

41 months ago

Walter in Brooklyn, New York said: Do they provide training for the certificates? Or should you have certificates and licenses in hand?

no you need to have your certificates 8& 16. i got my license through them. they did my fingerprints. the fee for the license came out of my paycheck. so they are ligit.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Daniel Mastroianni in ny, New York

41 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW A LEGIT PLACE WHERE I CAN RENEW MY 8 hr LICENSE in NYC???? I NEED TO DO THIS BY NEXT WEEK, please let me know!

Reply - Report abuse

A fool in Brooklyn, New York

41 months ago

Darn it! Just read all these comments and just mad to say I got scammed too! Sad me! I can't believe this s**t! I mean who pays for a job position at an interview?? Good lord, must of being desperate for the job!! Seeing all these people walking in with $100 in their pockets, waiting for the interview like me and leaving in less than a 20 minutes interview!! I realized I got fooled once I stepped out of the building and came on this forum!! Sooo maddddd! SFA on W.38th st on the 9th floor is a freaking scam! I lost $100 for that interview and I sure ain't going to the training on Tuesday..F**K that! But can someone tell me what will happen b/c they have my last 4 digit of my SS, a copie of my ID and my resume with my address on it!?!!? I just feel like going on Tuesday and tell everyone its a scam but f**k...oh well...please respond to my issue! A fool just got fooled! Darn it!

Reply - Report abuse

Dontbefooled in Bronx, New York

41 months ago

A fool in Brooklyn, New York said: Darn it! Just read all these comments and just mad to say I got scammed too! Sad me! I can't believe this s**t! I mean who pays for a job position at an interview?? Good lord, must of being desperate for the job!! Seeing all these people walking in with $100 in their pockets, waiting for the interview like me and leaving in less than a 20 minutes interview!! I realized I got fooled once I stepped out of the building and came on this forum!! Sooo maddddd! SFA on W.38th st on the 9th floor is a freaking scam! I lost $100 for that interview and I sure ain't going to the training on Tuesday..F**K that! But can someone tell me what will happen b/c they have my last 4 digit of my SS, a copie of my ID and my resume with my address on it!?!!? I just feel like going on Tuesday and tell everyone its a scam but f**k...oh well...please respond to my issue! A fool just got fooled! Darn it!

Well you obviously won't be able to get that $100 back nobody ever those especially if you sign documents. This thing been going on for years this forum been here for about 7 years and people don't realize that it will always be around to be a security guard you have to be certified and license nothing should happen with ur personnel information if that school is approved by the state if they are not then I don't know what to tell u go to criminaljustice.ny.gov and see if they are approved. And if they are pretty much they are a legit school with expensive price for their certificate. Some places that are scam charge a large fee for fake certification that's the meaning of scam

Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Forest Hills, New York

40 months ago

ronicbss12 in Far Rockaway, New York said: I received a call from a lady by the name of Ms. Rios, from Adequate Security Preparation Placement. located at 250 W. 49th Street between 8 & Broadway. 7th floor Ste 701. She was responding to my resume posted on Indeed.com for a front desk position. She began to give little detail about this position, at the end of the job description . She asked if I had children that is a NO, NO question. Red flag went up and then she proceeded by informing me to bring $100.00 just in case I am hire for a training class. The 2nd red flag. I am looking for a job and I am certainly not trying to give the money that I have in my HOUSEHOLD to an agency to help find a job. WOW what a scam, I went online and saw that this company is listed as a scam. I called this company back and told Ms. Rios DO NOT EVER CALL MY HOME AGAIN. I Told her This company is a SCAM. Her response was what-ever you think Mam. Go figure. Wow really

I went there too...and I had my STATE LICENSE, FIREGUARD, my TWO 8 HR. & 16 HR certificates....then they tell me to nring #80.00 for 'CPR Training' to become a 'CERTIFIED SECURITY OFFICER'...then, they say they'll let me take the training and can pay them the balance WHEN THEY PLACE ME...I'll keep you informed...stay tunes...

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Dontbefooled in Bronx, New York said: Well you obviously won't be able to get that $100 back nobody ever those especially if you sign documents. This thing been going on for years this forum been here for about 7 years and people don't realize that it will always be around to be a security guard you have to be certified and license nothing should happen with ur personnel information if that school is approved by the state if they are not then I don't know what to tell u go to criminaljustice.ny.gov and see if they are approved. And if they are pretty much they are a legit school with expensive price for their certificate. Some places that are scam charge a large fee for fake certification that's the meaning of scam

They TAKE ADVANTAGE of folks who are ALREADY DESTITUTE and NEEDY FOR A JOB...I'm watching the reactions of the two I registered with to see if they can even place me...MY advantage is that I USED THEM to enhance my qualifications, so I USEE THEM like THEY USE ME!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Astha Sudhir in New Hyde Park, New York

40 months ago

I received a call from Empower Services N.Y near Social Security Office in Jamaica.These guys forced me to pay $80 which was non refundable and then another $300 on the next day for a 8 hour training session which would later be followed by a 16 hr hour session.I anyhow refused to pay them the money they were asking to because I could sense something fishy in whatever that girl explained to me.She said we have selected you out of the 1000 other resumes because you perfectly fit this profile despite of knowing that I was only 3 months old in the country..so what was it that I possessed which 1000 others did'nt??
Then later on that day I decided to do some research on such companies and I found myself right.These companies are fraudulent trying to extract your hard earned money by with some flattering language.Stay away at all cost!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Leila in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

Jennarose in New York, New York said: Does Anyone have any complaints about being scammed by Allstate Secureaforce or just Secureaforce in Brooklyn or NY. I may be doing a story for channel 4 on security employment scams.

Allstate Secureaforce/Secureaforce is 100% a SCAM ! And i say this because I know the ins and outs of how they scam people because I worked there for a few weeks before I realized 100% what was going on. I have sooooo much to say about this fraudulent "company" but I'll try to keep it short.

The person you need to beware of is MR.OLIVER. he also goes by LIEUTENANT OLIVER, LIEUTENANT CARMYCHAEL, and MARYOUS OLIVER. He's a light skin African American man with green eyes and a very aggressive, arrogant persona and a hot temper. He's stands about 6'4, 300lbs, not fat but more like a former body builder with slight beer belly. He'll be wearing a fake badge on a string as well as a fake photo ID card with the name Maryous Oliver on it. If this man interviews you, RUN ! It's a trap. He will try to get you for your whole savings account.

He has his female "administrative assistants" post ads on Craigslist. The ads are very general, won't give you an exact salary, nor an exact location of where you'll be working. They often tell you on the phone that "you'll be working in the area of Madison Square Garden, The Empire State Building and the Jacob Javitz Center". If you are not given specifics, RUN! It's a trap. You'll also be told to write down several things including the address:

355-9 West 7th Avenue, 3rd floor, Suite 301/302 (A maintenance scam of the same sort goes on in suite 302).

You'll also be told to "bring $100 towards background, processing and registration in the event that you're hired". They may also say the $100 is for uniforms and drug testing. FALSE ! RUN ! Once you show up to the interview, you'll be "hired" on the spot because "you're the perfect candidate" for the "job". NO SUCH JOB EXIST !

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Leila in Brooklyn, New York said: Allstate Secureaforce/Secureaforce is 100% a SCAM ! And i say this because I know the ins and outs of how they scam people because I worked there for a few weeks before I realized 100% what was going on. I have sooooo much to say about this fraudulent "company" but I'll try to keep it short.

(continued from previous)

THEY DO NOT HAVE CONTRACTS WITH ANYONE. Once you give up your $100, no matter how much work experience and certifications/licenses you may already have you will be told you need to pay for something else. $200-800 for classes that cost no more than $50 each. I've even watched him charge someone $500 for a "drug test" for a nonexistent job. That urine went right down the toilet and the cup was used for his next victim. That's when I realized just how greedy and money hungry this man was. I watched him scam dozens of people for thousands of dollars before I caught on and quit. When I quit, he refused to pay me for my work. He still owes me $800 + the $200 he took out of my pay for a fireguard certification that I never got. I want this man STOPPED ! I'm sure I'm not the only one he's scammed and he should pay for his actions. I've already filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau so hopefully that will do something. Once he wears out his welcome, he'll just moved to a different location, change the name of the "company" and changed the phone numbers. The phone numbers are simple because they're just MetroPCS phone that are in someone else's name. The number often begins with 212-470-... There has to be a way to stop this man for good. Too many innocent people are being taken advantage of.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

mizroyalty in Jamaica, New York said: hello everyone... I was working 4 LT. Oliver
Corporate security if anyone knows his whole name or can find him some damn where plz let me know mizroyalty90@yahoo.com... I was his employee for a few weeks so i cud pay 4 my licence and he never paid me nd im jus now seeing bad comments about him on these websites. he owes me ALOT of money so if anyone got any type of information bout dis guy plz hit me up

355-9 W. 7th Avenue
3rd Floor
Suite 301/302

Reply - Report abuse

ray in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

Whats clarence last name

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Deb in Bayonne, New Jersey

40 months ago

I had a bad feeling that AllState Secureaforce would not pay their employees, which is why I never took the phone job. I figured if their business was scamming people, they would not be above scamming their employees as well. And yes, that description of Maryous oliver is very accurate. He gets very defensive and angry if you ask him simple questions, won't give simple yes or no answers, just comes with ridiculous metaphors to explain things, refuses to really tell you much about the company which is the opposite of what anyone on a professional interview would do. Definitely stay far away from that place.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Deb in Bayonne, New Jersey said: I had a bad feeling that AllState Secureaforce would not pay their employees, which is why I never took the phone job. I figured if their business was scamming people, they would not be above scamming their employees as well. And yes, that description of Maryous oliver is very accurate. He gets very defensive and angry if you ask him simple questions, won't give simple yes or no answers, just comes with ridiculous metaphors to explain things, refuses to really tell you much about the company which is the opposite of what anyone on a professional interview would do. Definitely stay far away from that place.

I was getting paid until that week when I figured everything out and my attitude changed. Once he saw my attitude change he started putting pressure on me and delayed my pay by a few days, causing us to get into several arguments. I knew it was downhill from there. And yes, when he "hires" for "administrative assistants", he scams them too. Only pays then $100 for 40 hours worth of work during their "orientation period". In other words, if you dont bring him enough clients within those 40 hours, you'll be asked not to come in and you'll never get your $100

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Robaczek in Jersey City, New Jersey

40 months ago

Hi everyone,
I find "Allstate Secureaforce" at 355-9 7th Ave Manhattan.n craigslist. I had appointment at 12pm Monday and I was there. After 1/2 hour of waiting some guy from room 302 tuck me in room 302 where exterminator office is, and explain that Allstate is usuly close on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I fill application - Extermination Application. The guy sad that I need to take Antiterrorism classes for $299, and give me mext day appointment. I was very upset. I need work, I need money to pay my bills. I start to search on internet and find FREE AT classes on line for DOD stuff. After study 1 h I have FREE AT certificate. Next day 12p mr Olivier was in the office. He apologize that he was not but he had a birthday that day. What a professional approach. I fill application and he start interview. Starting from money. I had $100, so he give me $11.00/job. He needed $299.00 if I want $14.00. He also ask me what kind of bank I use. I thought it is because they want to pay by bank account. How silly and stupid naive I am.next days I call them many time, and they not pick up the calls, the message box is always full. And now they do not want to give me my money back because I signed that is nonrefundable. But nonrefundable is the fee for classes and he signed that it is lifetime job placement assistance.
I will go there with my husband and copy from your comments guys, and I will sit there as long as they will give me my money back. Then can call police or I will. Wish me good luck on my $100.00:):)

Reply - Report abuse

Freeatlass in Nottingham, Maryland

40 months ago

No real security company ever ever ask for money. Its illegal!
I don't think you will get your money back. You signed it. Just
accept the fact that you have been scammed. Do not look for
jobs on craigslist. If you training, go to Aye Spy Investigations.
They are located at 224 West 35th St. You will get your 8 and
16 hr certificates. After that you go Summit or Maximum Security
Good luck, my friend!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

1. You filled out an extermination application although you went for a security interview. MISTAKE.
2. If you saw the unprofessional approach, why did you even continue the interview? No professional person would set you up for an interview and then not show up themselves. You shouldn't have even went back the second day.
3. you gave him $100 and he gave you a job ? Did you get a location ? A start date/time? Supervisor name ? Time to pick up your uniform ? Number to your new "job"? Nope, because you have no job. And no such 414.00/hour job exist either.
4. He asked you what bank you used because all banks are within walking distance. He wanted you to go get the $299 right away.

You can go with your husband and a copy of these comments if you want. It will be a waste of your time. You signed a contract. READ BEFORE YOU SIGN ! You're not getting your money back. f you call the cops, they'll take hours to come and when they do come they're going to tell you they can't do anything because you signed a contract. He can call the cops on you though and have you removed from the premises for trespassing. Take your loss because i guarantee you're not getting that money back. You pretty much got scammed by him and almost got scammed by his friends in room 302 as well.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Freeatlass in Nottingham, Maryland said: No real security company ever ever ask for money. Its illegal!
I don't think you will get your money back. You signed it. Just
accept the fact that you have been scammed. Do not look for
jobs on craigslist. If you training, go to Aye Spy Investigations.
They are located at 224 West 35th St. You will get your 8 and
16 hr certificates. After that you go Summit or Maximum Security
Good luck, my friend!

Hi guys thank for your advice. You right i will give up. it is 100n bax "only"
I have 8 hour class, 16 hours class, fire guard certificate, FEMA certificates, Antiterrorism Lebel 1 training and on the way NYC Security Guard Certificate. So i start on Monday, thank you again

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Leila in Brooklyn, New York said: 355-9 W. 7th Avenue
3rd Floor
Suite 301/302

The name can be Oliver Marcous or Carmychael. Sounds like that. He was repining his name hysterically a view times, but cant spell it.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Victoria in Brooklyn, New York said: 1. You filled out an extermination application although you went for a security interview. MISTAKE.
2. If you saw the unprofessional approach, why did you even continue the interview? No professional person would set you up for an interview and then not show up themselves. You shouldn't have even went back the second day.
3. you gave him $100 and he gave you a job ? Did you get a location ? A start date/time? Supervisor name ? Time to pick up your uniform ? Number to your new "job"? Nope, because you have no job. And no such 414.00/hour job exist either.
4. He asked you what bank you used because all banks are within walking distance. He wanted you to go get the $299 right away.
You can go with your husband and a copy of these comments if you want. It will be a waste of your time. You signed a contract. READ BEFORE YOU SIGN ! You're not getting your money back. f you call the cops, they'll take hours to come and when they do come they're going to tell you they can't do anything because you signed a contract. He can call the cops on you though and have you removed from the premises for trespassing. Take your loss because i guarantee you're not getting that money back. You pretty much got scammed by him and almost got scammed by his friends in room 302 as well.

Thank you too:) The most important for me is yours help guys.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

The name of the '"owner" of Allstate Security company is Maryous Olive. He lives in trenton NJ or Jamaica Ny. He had agencies 108 Beverly road brooklyn Ny 11218.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Jamaica, New York

40 months ago

Freeatlass in Baltimore, Maryland said: There are a lot of security companies hiring . Go to Summit Security or US Security
Maximum Security hires right on the spot. They don't pay much but at least you will have
your foot in the door. These companies will not ask for money.

Is this in Baltimore or New York..??

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ftroopify 02 in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

Im sorry Robert in Jamaica for the mixup. There's a lot of legitimate security companies in NEW YORK. If you have your 8 and 16hr certificates, go to US Security located at 1400 Broadway and 39th St., or Maximum Security in Long Island City, Defender Security in Rego Park and Summit Security. They are all legitimate companies and they wont ask for money. Stay away from craigslist and the postings in AM New York newspaper. Good luck!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

MsLadyT in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

I just got a call and from the start,I thought it was suspicious and fishy. "Ms. Delaon" called me and left a message, but never used my name or addressed me. When I called back, she asked if I was interested in the job (front desk security). I said yes but mentioned that I do not have my security license. She said no problem and that they offer training. I asked if I would have to reimburse the agency for the training and she told me yes, $100. She gave me directions that my 5 yr old niece could have done better, and said I needed to bring in $100. That's when the red flags came up and I decided to Google them.
Thanks for the heads up.

Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in New York, New York

40 months ago

I recently got a call from Mrs. Pierce. She asked me a lot of questions like have I been convicted of crimes and can I work in the USA legally blah blah blah. I agreed to setup a interview with them and she told me to bring 100$ so if I get hired I can make a deposit on my state security license. Ive never had any types of training so I thought paying for a license was something legit. The building was 247 WEST 38th STREET in-between 7th and 8th ave. From the outside it looked like one of the nicest buildings and lobby's on the block. I looked at the directory downstairs and I saw the listing 9th floor Security for America INC. Seemed legit. Went up to the 9th floor and went inside the waiting room and was told to fill out an application. Fill out an application but I already have an Interview? The table the applications were at had hundreds of applications on it. Which was my first red flag. So I filled it out and got called into the office. While passing a few rooms I noticed about 5 people on the phone and hearing the same questions I was being asked when I got my call. Second red flag. I walked into the office and sat down. The guys name was David Rowsey. We talked for about 20 min and everything seemed legit. The guy wasn't nervous or antsy for me to pull my wallet out and give him the hundred dollars. We talked a lot about the training and what the job would consist of. He looked at my resume and was very interested. I was still skeptical and wasn't ready to pay for a class until I felt comfortable. After some time I was ready to pay. I paid for the license for I thought. I signed papers and got receipts and then he goes on to tell me I need to pay more after my training. So I went on and shook his hand and left. I had a weird pit in my stomach so I googled them and BAM. Its all a scam. Im glad I found out now. I'm no fool but this guy was slick. I dont fall for BS but they got me. 100$ is way better than 700$. Glad I found this out sooner. Thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in New York, New York

40 months ago

Anyone that has made this mistake as well just get passed you got scammed and dont go crazy over it. Its 100$ but they clearly are doing something legal because they haven't been shut down yet. I watched other people walk into the office as well and I'm sure all the hiring guy is seeing hundred dollar bills as the people walk in. Dont think youll be the one to stop them cause they have plenty of complains on BBB and everywhere else. Just do your research before going to an interview and dont apply to shady ads on Craigslist. Apprently these people have been doing it for years ripping people off. So just move past it and forget about the 100$ cause its longggggg gone by now. especially if you signed there "NON refundable contract" that they incorporate into your training and hiring contract if you didnt see that.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Daniel Mastroianni in ny, New York said: I'm currently working for the worst security company in the world. Not only are they racist, prejudice, and aholes but they are the biggest scums of the world. My security company is called ADM Security and its located in Staten Island. You have an a-hole called Nick whose your boss who is the biggest prejudice person you will ever meet. I've asked for a raise and I've been turned down, mind you I've worked for the company going now for two years and still getting paid eight dollars and hour!!!!!
They started slashing EVERYONE'S DAYS down to twenty four hours a week just because of the obamacare thing, they don't want to give you insurance so if you are working more than fourty hours then they cut you down to twenty four so they can avoid giving you anything. I went from working to five days a week to three days a week, I've had bills pile up and they expect you to give a hundred percent meanwhile they are effing you hard.
I've been trying to look for a good security job but haven't found anything, if anyone can help me out please tell me because I can't take it anymore. I'm having a nervous breakdown because my company is total BS and don't give me the respect I deserve.

NEWS FLASH ! - ADM Security was supposed to show up @ Workforce One Employment in Jamaica N.Y. today....GUESS WHAT...!!! THEY CANCELLED!!!...they had about 8-12 people waiting for them (INCLUDING ME) to register for employment. I googled their location, and they are located in the Staten Island 'boondocks'.....not easily accessible by public transportation. I'm faxing them my qualification documents for them to review...SAVING ME A 3 HOUR TRIP!!...God help the others who will attempt to slosh it out to their headquarters to complete the necessary paperwork.If they don't have a car, GOD HELP THEM!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Devious in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

Has anyone ever heard of empower ? Or empire? Not sure what she said on the phone , but they're located 9050 parsons blvd ste 302 Jamaica , ny , spoke to a woman name of Ms.Kay , she told me it was a front desk/receptionist position . And that I would be doing either hours 7-3 8-4 or 9-5 , she then said I would have to bring $80 for them to run my fingerprints and that the money will only be taken of I'm hired . Which is strange because at first she said it takes a day for them to make their decision so why not have me being the money then ? I have the interview on Monday . If you know about this please comment thank you

Reply - Report abuse

ARCHANGEL2010 in BROOKLYN, New York

40 months ago

THEY ARE A SCAM. DONT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY.........

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Freeatlass in New York, New York

40 months ago

When are people going to learn that no job is for sale!
Stop giving these crooks your hard earned money. Stop
going to theives like "Ms Kay" and "Mr Charles". If you
see a "347" or a "917" number, its most likely a scam.
Go to a reputable security company. There are so many
legit ones in Manhattan alone. Just walk into any lobby
where there's a guard at and ask them the company they
work for. Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

Myleze in Woodside, New York

40 months ago

Twice this month i got calls for a customer service jobs and both ask for fees the first was Allianz Security and place called F.A. INC. located at 247 west 38th street they prey on people that need work. During my interview at Allianz I was asked if I had a credit card.I Just stormed out made as hell.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

On thee Page 29 medassist39 giva a list of good companies, You can apply there, I can add one more Mulligam Security. Never us craigslist. Never trust it. Be ware of Allsatate Security agency, it is 1000% scam. If you heard name Oliver, Maryous, Carmichale, Mckenzie, Mckenzy, 355-9 7th Ave NYNY, run fast. It is all scam. 212 470.. do not pick up the phone

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Myleze in Woodside, New York said: Twice this month i got calls for a customer service jobs and both ask for fees the first was Allianz Security and place called F.A. INC. located at 247 west 38th street they prey on people that need work. During my interview at Allianz I was asked if I had a credit card.I Just stormed out made as hell.

Good for you, my friend! Don't be a fool and let these crooks convince you that you can "buy" a job. Don't give them no credit, no debit, no cash or personal info! Where are you finding these companies? I never heard of them. It seems like they're popping up out of nowhere! Take your time and find a legit company. There's many out there.

Reply - Report abuse

thoughtuwanttoknow in new york, New York

40 months ago

in response to your comment: "When I asked this Daniel if this miss hall had a first name and tried to get nasty with me stating that miss hall was her first name but I said that's her last name not first."
Her real name is: NANCY RAMOS.
she's uses hall,gonzalez,ortiz. Beware.

Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

This is for DeeLover in Bklyn. I have one question for you. Did they fingerprint you? Because that should have been in that package deal they gave you. Do they have job placement for you or did they give you a bunch of places to go to? Make sure those certicates are legit because you would have spent valuble time and money for nothing. Call NYS Security Dept in Albany and they can verify if your certificates are legit. Good luck, my friend. I went through the same thing.

Reply - Report abuse

DeeLover in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

No, I was not fingerprinted at all although they claimed we would be getting our NYS security guard licenses after the forms were supposedly going to be sent to Albany. I was told to go to Honor Guard in Lower Manhattan and Defender Security in Rego Park and they did not know any Frank. I had to fill out applications. I am going to check out NYS Security.

Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

DeeLover in Bklyn, I went through the same exact thing. That's why I know what you're going through. Call Albany. See if your 8 and 16 are legit. If they are then go to Defender Security in Rego Park or Maximum Security in Long Island City (they hire real quick) or Summit Security in NYC and US Security (I work there now and they hired me the same day). A lot of places don't ask to see your fingerprints, but its good to have. Also, these companies wont hire you unless you can show them your NYS Security license. So please call Albany ASAP!

Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

I went to Defender Security in Rego Park and filled out an application. I have not heard anything else. Do you have the number to NYS in Albany?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

DeeLover in Bklyn: this forum wont allow me to give it to you. Give me a email address.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

My e-mail is donaldpeebles@gmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Do NOT go back to Empower Security Services because you will NOT get a job. They steal MONEY from applicants.

Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

If you start to making 8h and 16 h courses it is no need to take 8h annal course, this is after 1 year in service training. Fire guard is an option, nat mandatory. Whole course cost $150 max, the rest is scum.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

a in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

SCHOOL NAME AND CODE STATUS OF SCHOOL APPROVALDATE SUSPENDED/REVOKED

Blue Steel Security
Guard Trng Sch - 241860 REVOKED 7/31/2013

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

youngkkk in queens, New York

39 months ago

THIS COMPANY {{{{ NEW WORLD AGE ENTERTAINMENT ))) IS A SCAM ! TRUST ME MY BESTFRIEND WORKED WITH THEM AND SHE WAS SCAMMED BY THEM AS WELL ! THEY GAVE HER THE RUN AROUND ABOUT FINDING JOB PLACEMENT AFTER SHE WAS FURIOUS AND CALLING THEM BACK TO BACK . SINCE SHE WAS UNEMPLOYED SHE TOOK THE OFFER OF WORKING FOR THEM .. SHE WENT IN INNOCENTLY UNTIL 3 DAYS AFTER WORKING FOR THEM SHE REALIZED SHE WAS SCAMMED & STOPPED GOING .. THEIR NAMES ARE SAL ! HES THE MANAGER ! CHOICE IS UNDER HIM THEN ITS SAMANTHA , IMIRA , BRITTANY AND A FEW OTHER GIRLS ! WHAT THEY DO IS WHO EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE MAKES A PROFIT OFF OF WHO EVER THEY SPEAK TO ! THEY CHARGE YOU $300 25 GOES TO YOU 50 GOES TO EITHER IMIRA OR SAMANTHA AND SAL GETS THE REST OF THE MONEY ! THEYRE ALL JUST MAKING A LIVING OFF YOU INNOCENT PEOPLE ! AND THEY ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THE COMPANIES THEY SEND YOU TO ! YOU BASICALLY PAYING THEM TO SEND YOU ON A INTERVIEW ! YOU CAN DO THAT YOURSELF ! NEW WORLD AGE IS IN A HOUSE IN QUEENS ITS NOT EVEN PROFESSIONAL !!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Mr. Unemployed in Bronx, New York

39 months ago

I was just called for a front desk position where I need to pay $60 for fire guard training .. I'm really skeptical about it and they scheduled tomorrow for an interview (( So fast )) but i don't know it's over on 2340 5th Ave between 141st and 142nd street 1st floor. I'm kinda desperate for employment but I'm not comfortable with giving money right after I'm supposedly hired .. Any suggestions please ?! Thank you

Reply - Report abuse

bj in Bellerose, New York

39 months ago

Mr. Unemployed in Bronx, New York said: I was just called for a front desk position where I need to pay $60 for fire guard training .. I'm really skeptical about it and they scheduled tomorrow for an interview (( So fast )) but i don't know it's over on 2340 5th Ave between 141st and 142nd street 1st floor. I'm kinda desperate for employment but I'm not comfortable with giving money right after I'm supposedly hired .. Any suggestions please ?! Thank you

This is undoubtedly a scam. Be very suspect of any company that requires you to pay for fire guard training. You DO NOT need a fire guard prep course. Only the NYC Fire Department issues the fire guard certificate of fitness. You go to the FDNY offices in Metrotech and pay $25 to take the test, and the study materials are on their web site. My suggestion is that if you go for the interview just tell them in a matter of fact manner that you are going to take the fire guard test with the FDNY on the next day so you don't require their training. See what they say to get the $60 out of you. Good luck

Reply - Report abuse

luckiione in Bronx, New York

39 months ago

I am so glad I found this board, I was an hour away from going into a fraudulent interview with my SS Card, ID and 100$ in cash. Thankfully This "Ms. Gonzalez" didn't anticipate me using Google Maps and seeing the address she'd listed was a residential home without a 9th floor, like she mentioned during our call. She also mentioned my resume but I double checked the email I sent and I HADN'T ATTACHED MINE. Thank God it was my dad driving me there since it wasn't all that far from where we live, otherwise I might have gone in unawares. As it was, my 3G google search on my phone picked up this page and saved me my money, and my dignity. I'm a recent grad working a job that's barely enough to cover my personal expenses and the whole idea of a desk job sounded like heaven to me, and I've had SUCH good luck with craigslist in the past, I've never had a bad experience and I've been on it for years. It kills me to know people would go this far to swindle others out of hard earned money they can't even really spare. I can't wait to report this and get this person arrested. Still deciding whether to call and curse them out when my appointment time rolls around...

Reply - Report abuse

jacetarius in New York, New York

39 months ago

I see a lot of these sites, they either call it registration fees, these jobs have different names for it ex: registration fees, insurance fees it's usually $99 dollars. Stay away from these sites

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

yoandriph in New York, New York

39 months ago

Robaczek in Jersey City , New Jersey said: On thee Page 29 medassist39 giva a list of good companies , You can apply there, I can add one more Mulligam Security. Never us craigslist. Never trust it. Be ware of Allsatate Security agency, it is 1000% scam. If you heard name Oliver, Maryous, Carmichale, Mckenzie, Mckenzy, 355-9 7th Ave NYNY, run fast. It is all scam. 212 470.. do not pick up the phone

I know what you talking about, my friend and I went to Allstate Security agency in Manhattan almost 2 months ago, they still 1250 each, we call 911 and they told us to bring them to the civil court. We never received any training and job from them. If you know anybody beside you who want to contact me yoandriph@gmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

Dontay718 in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

This is crazy I have a interview Friday 10 am for a custodian job and a lady told me come to 352 west 31 st suite 401 n I google it n see all of this I love yah she told me bring ss card 100 dollars and some other crap but thank yah for this..and I'm from Brooklyn I might just show up n try to rob them before they rob me

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.