Fraudulent NYC employment agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1401 to 1450 of 1764)
Page:  « First « Previous   26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next »   Last »

Lid in brooklyn, New York

21 months ago

In the midst of all the current events concerning the security companies and the claims of fraud going on,i had a great experience that i must share with everyone. There is always someone or some company that tries to do the right thing. I was referred to this company nyc career center, and they sat with me in an interview went over the whole process of getting into a career in security, and looked over my qualifications. They didn't guarantee me any job or pay rate. They explained that they can refer me to a state certified training school to receive proper certificates and that after i go through a background check and receive my license i will be provided thorough placement assistance from them. They will work their best to place me given my qualifications and certificates. I was pleased an i believe its worth a try. Yeh to companies doing the right thing!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sean in Brooklyn, New York

21 months ago

has anyone heard of new world age entertainment they gave me an address in queens and are asking for an $200 placement fee they're offering an off the books bouncer job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Mills1361 in Brooklyn, New York

21 months ago

Anybody ever heard of Advance Security Group

252 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001
I have an interview for them and they said to bring $350 dollars and that we will have to go to One Police Plaza. This is for an armored car guard assistant. Is this legit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

eljuron in Howard Beach, New York

20 months ago

I signed a contract and paid 80$. Is there anyway to get my money back?

medassist39 in Jackson Heights, New York

20 months ago

I have written replies many times to those who I believe listen. Most do not listen, therefore never learn. Quite sad. Let's see what you learn today.

1)If unsure, CALL NYS AND ASK WHAT IS REQUIRED. IF YOU CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND, I WILL TELL YOU.
2)AN 8 AND 16 HOUR. NOTHING ELSE!
3)A SECURITY GUARD COMPANY WILL NEVER ASK FOR MONEY. TRAINING IS FREEEEE!
4)IF THEY ASK FOR MONEY, THEY ARE NOT A SECURITY COMPANY, BUT A RECRUITER! KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

1) Summit Security Services- www.summitsecurity.com
New York City
127 West 26th Street — 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10001
Subway Directions: No. 1 train to 28th Street or the F or V train to 23rd Street

2) Allied Barton www.alliedbarton.com
Brooklyn, New York

3) MG Security Services LLC www.mgsecurityservices.com
133 West 25th Street
Suite 8W
New York, NY 10001

4) The Kraus Organization www.krausinc.com/
Kraus Headquarters
33-01 Vernon Boulevard
Long Island City, NY 11106

5) SOS Security, Inc www.sossecurity.com
561 7th Avenue,
New York

6) Securitas- www.securitas.com
1412 Broadway, 17th floor
New York, NY 10018

7) Epic Security- www.epicsecurity.com
The Epic Building
2067 Broadway
New York, NY 10023

8) Command Security-www.commandsecurity.com
Corporate Headquarters
1133 Route 55, Suite D
Lagrangeville, NY 12540

9) Strikeforce Protective Services
National Corporate Headquarters 247 West 34th Street
51 Progress Street, New York, NY 10001
Union, NJ 07083

10) FJC Security www.fjcsecurity.com
Operations Personnel Office
33-10 Queens Blvd. 250 Clearbrook Rd
Long Island City, NY 11101 Elmsford, NY 10523

11) T & M Protective Services www.tmprotection.com
230 Park Ave
Suite 440
New York, NY

12) Elite Investigations www.eliteinvestigations.com
538 West 29th Street
New York, NY

GO ONLINE AND LOOK UP THESE COMPANIES AND NUMBERS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Security Guard Instructor in Rockville Centre, New York

20 months ago

All:
If you are thinking of starting or expanding your security career, you should first know the difference between a certificate and a license and the difference between a security guard training school and a security guard company. Your certificate is needed to get your license. The school can get you the certificate and the company can get you the job. Sometimes you may come across a company that is licensed to do both. It is always a good idea to ask for the name of the school, instructor, address and school code and then verify with Albany before making a financial investment. You can also visit the State's website for additional verification. Never do your 8hr and 16hr more than once. Your annual is once per year (not once every 12 months). Example...you can do an annual in December 2012 and again in January 2013 (once per year) if you wish. Other specialize course are not mandatory for employment or for licensing. If you decide to do additional training, you should do it to become more knowledgeable about the industry so that you can perform your duties with more confidence. I recommend additional training, but make sure you do it for the right reasons and when you can afford to do so. If you use your tax return every year to do 1-3 additional courses, just think where you could be in 3 years time and how much more knowledgeable you would be about security procedure. Job placement is somewhat of a myth, since no one can promise you a job over the phone. We can help you get interviews, but only how you present yourself will determine if you can get the job. Therefore, job placement is all up to you and no one else. One of the best thing you can ever do, is simply ask a licensed guard to refer you to someone that did their training. If you are already employed, you can ask you employer / supervisor.
Hopes this info helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lady M34 in Brooklyn, New York

20 months ago

Question can anyone tell me if they know anything about Adequate Security Preparation Placement..? Please please respond #highly upset Their located at 244-250 west 49th street New York,ny

Lady M34 in Brooklyn, New York

20 months ago

Question can anyone tell me if they know anything about Adequate Security Preparation Placement..? Please please respond #highly upset Their located at 244-250 west 49th street New York,NY

Shana in Newark, New Jersey

20 months ago

Hi can anyone tell me if premier elite security is a scam job it's located at 224 west 35th street manhattan new york

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jennarose in New York, New York

20 months ago

Does Anyone have any complaints about being scammed by Allstate Secureaforce or just Secureaforce in Brooklyn or NY. I may be doing a story for channel 4 on security employment scams.

Deb in Hollis, New York

19 months ago

Don't get me wrong, this comment is not meant to undermine or humiliate the people who have been tricked into these scam companies, I just always wondered how someone could get caught in these situations without doing a bit of research first.

I just received a voice message this morning from "Jonathan" about a job offer, he left me a call back number. When I called back, the line rung for a little bit, and went to the voicemail of SFA Incorporated. Whenever I'm job hunting, I always try to get a little background info on the company. So I plugged "SFA INC NYC" into Google, and came back with zero results. About 20 minutes have elapsed, and I give the number a call again, and whaddaya know, Jonathan picks up.

For an employer, he didn't sound very professional. He greeted me with a rather nonchalant "hey", instead of a standard greeting for a company. He proceeded to interview me briefly over the phone; he asked if I was over 18, if I had any felonies, and whether I had any experience for the position. I thought that it was weird that he would ask that being that I responded to the Front Desk Receptionist ad on with my resume, and a cover letter stating that I had experience in the Administrative Assistant department. Turns out the offer was for a Security Receptionist position for Security for America. Jonathan then explained that I would require security training, and the cover charge was $100. *Red Flag* Smells like a scam. I was taken aback by the statement, why does a front desk receptionist require "Security Training" anyway? Jonathan booked me for an interview at 11a tomorrow, at 247 West 38th Street (Between 7th and 8th Aves) 9th Floor; asked me to bring a printed resume, my Social Security Card, and the training cover charge, and hang up. I was already deterred by his proposal, and plugged in the address of the site into Google, only to come here to "Fraudulent NYC Employment Agencies"..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deb in Hollis, New York

19 months ago

.. Definitely not going to that interview tomorrow! Plus, everyone on Yelp! said any job opportunities listed by Security for America were scams. It pays (or saves, in this case) to do a little research, guys.

I just always wondered how someone who is tight on cash, would be willing to surrender such a large amount of money to a company, and they're not even entirely sure if they're legit or not. No respectable company that GUARANTEES a job, would ask for such a ludicrous amount of money for training that has absolutely nothing to do with the position you applied for.

For the sake of other fellow desperate job seekers, I hope these scam artists get caught, and are reprimanded. Fortunately, I was able to uncover the scheme in the comfort of my own bed room, but others may not be so lucky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ronicbss12 in Far Rockaway, New York

19 months ago

I received a call from a lady by the name of Ms. Rios, from Adequate Security Preparation Placement. located at 250 W. 49th Street between 8 & Broadway. 7th floor Ste 701. She was responding to my resume posted on Indeed.com for a front desk position. She began to give little detail about this position, at the end of the job description . She asked if I had children that is a NO, NO question. Red flag went up and then she proceeded by informing me to bring $100.00 just in case I am hire for a training class. The 2nd red flag. I am looking for a job and I am certainly not trying to give the money that I have in my HOUSEHOLD to an agency to help find a job. WOW what a scam, I went online and saw that this company is listed as a scam. I called this company back and told Ms. Rios DO NOT EVER CALL MY HOME AGAIN. I Told her This company is a SCAM. Her response was what-ever you think Mam. Go figure. Wow really

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

brothaj in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Yes

R12 in Lake Grove, New York said: Does anybody know if this company is a fraud . 911 Security Inc. At 252 W 31St between 7 8 Ave Suite 401 in Manhatten
Yes its a fraud, they call themselves New yorks finest now. Same ppl from first security.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

brothaj in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

brothaj in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Yes

Yes its a fraud, they call themselves New yorks finest now. Same ppl from first security.

Mr Fernandez, Agent Joe and Ms Vegas all latino. They tried to get me for 600 dollas, and when i showed them i knew them from yrz ago fernandez came clean n tried to play it off, so i left with my money because i had documents proving i had spent money with them on useless certificates through mr malone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

caroline in Bronx, New York

19 months ago

Yes is a scam!!!

Shana in Newark, New Jersey said: Hi can anyone tell me if premier elite security is a scam job it's located at 224 west 35th street manhattan new york

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

caroline in Bronx, New York

19 months ago

SCAM !!!! Atlantic Management USA Corp 224 west 35 street. Room 403 Manhattan NY SCAM!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Yonkers, New York

18 months ago

I just saw the news and I can't believe this nonsense I'm a student who is looking for a small amount of stability and now tho happens how do we get our money back. ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shana in Newark, New Jersey

18 months ago

caroline in Bronx, New York said: Yes is a scam!!!

Thank you so much I'm glad I didn't give them any money they wanted me to pay 399 dollars and I said something dont sound right

Daniel Mastroianni in ny, New York

18 months ago

I'm currently working for the worst security company in the world. Not only are they racist, prejudice, and aholes but they are the biggest scums of the world. My security company is called ADM Security and its located in Staten Island. You have an a-hole called Nick whose your boss who is the biggest prejudice person you will ever meet. I've asked for a raise and I've been turned down, mind you I've worked for the company going now for two years and still getting paid eight dollars and hour!!!!!
They started slashing EVERYONE'S DAYS down to twenty four hours a week just because of the obamacare thing, they don't want to give you insurance so if you are working more than fourty hours then they cut you down to twenty four so they can avoid giving you anything. I went from working to five days a week to three days a week, I've had bills pile up and they expect you to give a hundred percent meanwhile they are effing you hard.
I've been trying to look for a good security job but haven't found anything, if anyone can help me out please tell me because I can't take it anymore. I'm having a nervous breakdown because my company is total BS and don't give me the respect I deserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joselopez in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

That is possibly the worse one I been to they stole so much money from me worse agency ever they train u say u got the job then basically send u to another agency that u didn't have to pay to start with. I honestly would like to sue them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deb in Bayonne, New Jersey

18 months ago

Really glad I looked all this up. Considered working for one of these companies; specifically- "Allstate Secureaforce" at 355-9 7th Ave Manhattan.

I went for an interview recently, not for a position as guard, but to be a phone operator that calls people who answer the craigslist ad for guards and try to get them to come in and pay.

I can't say it's a scam for sure, but it seemed really unprofessional and hectic. The guy who conducted the interview kept leaving to do other things a bunch of times while trying to interview me a few other girls, really didn't interview me or look at my resume, and when I asked simple questions about the job, he got very defensive and said stuff like "it's legal" and "i'm protected". I never even asked if it was legal; I just asked general questions about how to talk to customers and he would never just give me a yes or no answer. Very, very odd for an interview where they usually want questions and want to know you understand everything about their company. Most of the other girls interviewing realized it was all a scam and said they have no plans of working there.

The overall interview took about 3 hours because he came and went so much and I really didn't learn anything about the company; I only knew the name from seeing it on the door. The sales pitch just seemed very cleverly worded to trick people.

shabaya in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

I recently got my 8 hr pre assignment certificate & 16 OJ training certificate and my security guard license. I would like to know if anybody can give me pointers on where should i apply for security guard entry level jobs in nyc any security company or retails store recommendation would be gladly appreciated thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

shabaya in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently got my 8 hr pre assignment certificate & 16 OJ training certificate and my security guard license. I would like to know if anybody can give me pointers on where should i apply for security guard entry level jobs in nyc any security company or retails store recommendation would be gladly appreciated thank you.

Whatever you do and wherever you go, abolutely DO NOT give any money to anyone! A security company does not ever ask for money. A recruiter does. Know the difference. You will NEVER BE HIRED. They will send you elsewhere. I postd a list of security companieson this site. Look it up on other pages under my name. Be smart. Do be like these fools who continually make the same mistakes because they want to hear themselves complain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

thnks for the info

18 months ago

medassist39 in Jackson Heights, New York said: Whatever you do and wherever you go, abolutely DO NOT give any money to anyone! A security company does not ever ask for money. A recruiter does. Know the difference. You will NEVER BE HIRED. They will send you elsewhere. I postd a list of security companieson this site. Look it up on other pages under my name. Be smart. Do be like these fools who continually make the same mistakes because they want to hear themselves complain.

is it best to fill a apllication online or go directly to the company and give then my resume with cerificates and license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

caroline in Bronx, New York said: Yes is a scam!!!

how did they scam you ? i got a call from them today

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Walt in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

shabaya in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently got my 8 hr pre assignment certificate & 16 OJ training certificate and my security guard license. I would like to know if anybody can give me pointers on where should i apply for security guard entry level jobs in nyc any security company or retails store recommendation would be gladly appreciated thank you.

Hey where did you go for the 8 hr pre assignment certificate & 16 OJ training certificate? I'm still trying find a legitimate place. and how much did it cost you? Thanks in advance

18 months ago

Walt in Brooklyn, New York said: Hey where did you go for the 8 hr pre assignment certificate & 16 OJ training certificate? I'm still trying find a legitimate place. and how much did it cost you? Thanks in advance

I went to star security in brooklyn they got different packages i got package c which comes with 8 hr pre assisgnment 16 otj training and assistance with your security application for 135.00 heres da address listed below you can go on website to see the different prices and get to know more bout them StarSecurityTraining.com
1891 Fulton Street, NY
Bet(Ralph Ave &Howard Ave)
Across from RightAid & Laudromat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helper in Queens Village, New York

18 months ago

people If a security company ask you to bring in $80 or any amount of money on the interview IT IS A SCAM. You don't have to research it. It don't matter what company it is. If you want to work as a security guard you have to pay to get certified. Like 8hr class and 16 hr class. There is no way around it. So open a yellow book or go to yellow book website and search for security training schools get your certificates and go back to yellow book and look for security company's, and go fill out an applications. 8hr should not cost more then $25-40 and 16hr $60-75. it depend on the company. There are so many security company's out there you just have to open a yellow book. I worked for defenders security like 6 years ago. so Google it and get the address and fill out an application. If you have you 8hr and 16hr and looking for work look for security company's in yellow book and go apply. some company's you need your guard license. REMEMBER IF A COMPANY ASKING YOU TO PAY MONEY SO THEY CAN GET YOU A JOB IT'S A SCAM. so the next time your on the phone with some1 promising job and ask you to bring in money on the interview hang up, cuz you will just lose your money. The comment above mines seem legit becouse of the pricing. SECURITAS is a another security company, that also get you certified and you don't have to pay. but after you start working they will take the money for the training out of your check. Not alot of company's do this, and it's hard to get into this company. So If you have your guard license and your certificates try SECURITAS or Defenders security. i worked for defenders and my wife worked for securitas. Google these company's more more information.

18 months ago

shabaya in Brooklyn, New York said: is it best to fill a apllication online or go directly to the company and give then my resume with cerificates and license

some they want you to fill it out on;line and some in person. try Defenders security in rego park i worked for them like 6 years ago.

Walter in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Helper in Queens Village, New York said: some they want you to fill it out on;line and some in person. try Defenders security in rego park i worked for them like 6 years ago.

Do they provide training for the certificates? Or should you have certificates and licenses in hand?

18 months ago

shabaya in Brooklyn, New York said: is it best to fill a apllication online or go directly to the company and give then my resume with cerificates and license

It's the same. Some companies such as Allied Barton and FJC only do online applications. Others, you walk in and apply. They will never ask for money. In some cases, they may charge a uniform fee that will come out of your paycheck. Never give money. The only certificate requirement in New York State are the 8 and 16. Fireguard in NYC.

Freeatlass in Baltimore, Maryland

18 months ago

There are a lot of security companies hiring. Go to Summit Security or US Security
Maximum Security hires right on the spot. They don't pay much but at least you will have
your foot in the door. These companies will not ask for money.

18 months ago

Freeatlass in Baltimore, Maryland said: There are a lot of security companies hiring. Go to Summit Security or US Security
Maximum Security hires right on the spot. They don't pay much but at least you will have
your foot in the door. These companies will not ask for money.

thnks for the info i really need a job

18 months ago

Walter in Brooklyn, New York said: Do they provide training for the certificates? Or should you have certificates and licenses in hand?

no you need to have your certificates 8& 16. i got my license through them. they did my fingerprints. the fee for the license came out of my paycheck. so they are ligit.

Daniel Mastroianni in ny, New York

18 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW A LEGIT PLACE WHERE I CAN RENEW MY 8 hr LICENSE in NYC???? I NEED TO DO THIS BY NEXT WEEK, please let me know!

A fool in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Darn it! Just read all these comments and just mad to say I got scammed too! Sad me! I can't believe this s**t! I mean who pays for a job position at an interview?? Good lord, must of being desperate for the job!! Seeing all these people walking in with $100 in their pockets, waiting for the interview like me and leaving in less than a 20 minutes interview!! I realized I got fooled once I stepped out of the building and came on this forum!! Sooo maddddd! SFA on W.38th st on the 9th floor is a freaking scam! I lost $100 for that interview and I sure ain't going to the training on Tuesday..F**K that! But can someone tell me what will happen b/c they have my last 4 digit of my SS, a copie of my ID and my resume with my address on it!?!!? I just feel like going on Tuesday and tell everyone its a scam but f**k...oh well...please respond to my issue! A fool just got fooled! Darn it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dontbefooled in Bronx, New York

18 months ago

A fool in Brooklyn, New York said: Darn it! Just read all these comments and just mad to say I got scammed too! Sad me! I can't believe this s**t! I mean who pays for a job position at an interview?? Good lord, must of being desperate for the job!! Seeing all these people walking in with $100 in their pockets, waiting for the interview like me and leaving in less than a 20 minutes interview!! I realized I got fooled once I stepped out of the building and came on this forum!! Sooo maddddd! SFA on W.38th st on the 9th floor is a freaking scam! I lost $100 for that interview and I sure ain't going to the training on Tuesday..F**K that! But can someone tell me what will happen b/c they have my last 4 digit of my SS, a copie of my ID and my resume with my address on it!?!!? I just feel like going on Tuesday and tell everyone its a scam but f**k...oh well...please respond to my issue! A fool just got fooled! Darn it!

Well you obviously won't be able to get that $100 back nobody ever those especially if you sign documents. This thing been going on for years this forum been here for about 7 years and people don't realize that it will always be around to be a security guard you have to be certified and license nothing should happen with ur personnel information if that school is approved by the state if they are not then I don't know what to tell u go to criminaljustice.ny.gov and see if they are approved. And if they are pretty much they are a legit school with expensive price for their certificate. Some places that are scam charge a large fee for fake certification that's the meaning of scam

Robert in Forest Hills, New York

18 months ago

ronicbss12 in Far Rockaway, New York said: I received a call from a lady by the name of Ms. Rios, from Adequate Security Preparation Placement. located at 250 W. 49th Street between 8 & Broadway. 7th floor Ste 701. She was responding to my resume posted on Indeed.com for a front desk position. She began to give little detail about this position, at the end of the job description . She asked if I had children that is a NO, NO question. Red flag went up and then she proceeded by informing me to bring $100.00 just in case I am hire for a training class. The 2nd red flag. I am looking for a job and I am certainly not trying to give the money that I have in my HOUSEHOLD to an agency to help find a job. WOW what a scam, I went online and saw that this company is listed as a scam. I called this company back and told Ms. Rios DO NOT EVER CALL MY HOME AGAIN. I Told her This company is a SCAM. Her response was what-ever you think Mam. Go figure. Wow really

I went there too...and I had my STATE LICENSE, FIREGUARD, my TWO 8 HR. & 16 HR certificates....then they tell me to nring #80.00 for 'CPR Training' to become a 'CERTIFIED SECURITY OFFICER'...then, they say they'll let me take the training and can pay them the balance WHEN THEY PLACE ME...I'll keep you informed...stay tunes...

Robert in Forest Hills, New York

18 months ago

Dontbefooled in Bronx, New York said: Well you obviously won't be able to get that $100 back nobody ever those especially if you sign documents. This thing been going on for years this forum been here for about 7 years and people don't realize that it will always be around to be a security guard you have to be certified and license nothing should happen with ur personnel information if that school is approved by the state if they are not then I don't know what to tell u go to criminaljustice.ny.gov and see if they are approved. And if they are pretty much they are a legit school with expensive price for their certificate. Some places that are scam charge a large fee for fake certification that's the meaning of scam

They TAKE ADVANTAGE of folks who are ALREADY DESTITUTE and NEEDY FOR A JOB...I'm watching the reactions of the two I registered with to see if they can even place me...MY advantage is that I USED THEM to enhance my qualifications, so I USEE THEM like THEY USE ME!!

Astha Sudhir in New Hyde Park, New York

18 months ago

I received a call from Empower Services N.Y near Social Security Office in Jamaica.These guys forced me to pay $80 which was non refundable and then another $300 on the next day for a 8 hour training session which would later be followed by a 16 hr hour session.I anyhow refused to pay them the money they were asking to because I could sense something fishy in whatever that girl explained to me.She said we have selected you out of the 1000 other resumes because you perfectly fit this profile despite of knowing that I was only 3 months old in the country..so what was it that I possessed which 1000 others did'nt??
Then later on that day I decided to do some research on such companies and I found myself right.These companies are fraudulent trying to extract your hard earned money by with some flattering language.Stay away at all cost!!

Leila in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Jennarose in New York, New York said: Does Anyone have any complaints about being scammed by Allstate Secureaforce or just Secureaforce in Brooklyn or NY. I may be doing a story for channel 4 on security employment scams.

Allstate Secureaforce/Secureaforce is 100% a SCAM ! And i say this because I know the ins and outs of how they scam people because I worked there for a few weeks before I realized 100% what was going on. I have sooooo much to say about this fraudulent "company" but I'll try to keep it short.

The person you need to beware of is MR.OLIVER. he also goes by LIEUTENANT OLIVER, LIEUTENANT CARMYCHAEL, and MARYOUS OLIVER. He's a light skin African American man with green eyes and a very aggressive, arrogant persona and a hot temper. He's stands about 6'4, 300lbs, not fat but more like a former body builder with slight beer belly. He'll be wearing a fake badge on a string as well as a fake photo ID card with the name Maryous Oliver on it. If this man interviews you, RUN ! It's a trap. He will try to get you for your whole savings account.

He has his female "administrative assistants" post ads on Craigslist. The ads are very general, won't give you an exact salary, nor an exact location of where you'll be working. They often tell you on the phone that "you'll be working in the area of Madison Square Garden, The Empire State Building and the Jacob Javitz Center". If you are not given specifics, RUN! It's a trap. You'll also be told to write down several things including the address:

355-9 West 7th Avenue, 3rd floor, Suite 301/302 (A maintenance scam of the same sort goes on in suite 302).

You'll also be told to "bring $100 towards background, processing and registration in the event that you're hired". They may also say the $100 is for uniforms and drug testing. FALSE ! RUN ! Once you show up to the interview, you'll be "hired" on the spot because "you're the perfect candidate" for the "job". NO SUCH JOB EXIST !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Leila in Brooklyn, New York said: Allstate Secureaforce/Secureaforce is 100% a SCAM ! And i say this because I know the ins and outs of how they scam people because I worked there for a few weeks before I realized 100% what was going on. I have sooooo much to say about this fraudulent "company" but I'll try to keep it short.

(continued from previous)

THEY DO NOT HAVE CONTRACTS WITH ANYONE. Once you give up your $100, no matter how much work experience and certifications/licenses you may already have you will be told you need to pay for something else. $200-800 for classes that cost no more than $50 each. I've even watched him charge someone $500 for a "drug test" for a nonexistent job. That urine went right down the toilet and the cup was used for his next victim. That's when I realized just how greedy and money hungry this man was. I watched him scam dozens of people for thousands of dollars before I caught on and quit. When I quit, he refused to pay me for my work. He still owes me $800 + the $200 he took out of my pay for a fireguard certification that I never got. I want this man STOPPED ! I'm sure I'm not the only one he's scammed and he should pay for his actions. I've already filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau so hopefully that will do something. Once he wears out his welcome, he'll just moved to a different location, change the name of the "company" and changed the phone numbers. The phone numbers are simple because they're just MetroPCS phone that are in someone else's name. The number often begins with 212-470-... There has to be a way to stop this man for good. Too many innocent people are being taken advantage of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

mizroyalty in Jamaica, New York said: hello everyone... I was working 4 LT. Oliver
Corporate security if anyone knows his whole name or can find him some damn where plz let me know mizroyalty90@yahoo.com... I was his employee for a few weeks so i cud pay 4 my licence and he never paid me nd im jus now seeing bad comments about him on these websites. he owes me ALOT of money so if anyone got any type of information bout dis guy plz hit me up

355-9 W. 7th Avenue
3rd Floor
Suite 301/302

ray in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Whats clarence last name

Deb in Bayonne, New Jersey

18 months ago

I had a bad feeling that AllState Secureaforce would not pay their employees, which is why I never took the phone job. I figured if their business was scamming people, they would not be above scamming their employees as well. And yes, that description of Maryous oliver is very accurate. He gets very defensive and angry if you ask him simple questions, won't give simple yes or no answers, just comes with ridiculous metaphors to explain things, refuses to really tell you much about the company which is the opposite of what anyone on a professional interview would do. Definitely stay far away from that place.

18 months ago

Deb in Bayonne, New Jersey said: I had a bad feeling that AllState Secureaforce would not pay their employees, which is why I never took the phone job. I figured if their business was scamming people, they would not be above scamming their employees as well. And yes, that description of Maryous oliver is very accurate. He gets very defensive and angry if you ask him simple questions, won't give simple yes or no answers, just comes with ridiculous metaphors to explain things, refuses to really tell you much about the company which is the opposite of what anyone on a professional interview would do. Definitely stay far away from that place.

I was getting paid until that week when I figured everything out and my attitude changed. Once he saw my attitude change he started putting pressure on me and delayed my pay by a few days, causing us to get into several arguments. I knew it was downhill from there. And yes, when he "hires" for "administrative assistants", he scams them too. Only pays then $100 for 40 hours worth of work during their "orientation period". In other words, if you dont bring him enough clients within those 40 hours, you'll be asked not to come in and you'll never get your $100

Robaczek in Jersey City, New Jersey

17 months ago

Hi everyone,
I find "Allstate Secureaforce" at 355-9 7th Ave Manhattan.n craigslist. I had appointment at 12pm Monday and I was there. After 1/2 hour of waiting some guy from room 302 tuck me in room 302 where exterminator office is, and explain that Allstate is usuly close on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I fill application - Extermination Application. The guy sad that I need to take Antiterrorism classes for $299, and give me mext day appointment. I was very upset. I need work, I need money to pay my bills. I start to search on internet and find FREE AT classes on line for DOD stuff. After study 1 h I have FREE AT certificate. Next day 12p mr Olivier was in the office. He apologize that he was not but he had a birthday that day. What a professional approach. I fill application and he start interview. Starting from money. I had $100, so he give me $11.00/job. He needed $299.00 if I want $14.00. He also ask me what kind of bank I use. I thought it is because they want to pay by bank account. How silly and stupid naive I am.next days I call them many time, and they not pick up the calls, the message box is always full. And now they do not want to give me my money back because I signed that is nonrefundable. But nonrefundable is the fee for classes and he signed that it is lifetime job placement assistance.
I will go there with my husband and copy from your comments guys, and I will sit there as long as they will give me my money back. Then can call police or I will. Wish me good luck on my $100.00:):)

Page:  « First « Previous   26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.