71 months ago

who are you are you promoting Urban Dynamics

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in New York, New York

71 months ago

Pricelist:

NY State Security Guard License Non-Refundable fee $141.25

FDNY Fireguard Lic. #25. MUST TAKE TEST at 9METROTECH

CPR Certifications (Depends on school Redcross AHA etc. but range is $75.00 - $125.00)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

gtzbadass

71 months ago

IM NOT PUTTING NE COMPANY DOWN BUT I HAVE HAD BAD EXPERIENCES AND I BELIEVE URBAN DYNAMICS IS GARBAGE AND WHO EVER WANTS TO TAKE MY OPINION CAN WHO EVER DOESNT WANT TO DONT HAVE TOO BUT FRANKLY IF U WANT A GOOD SCHOOL WHO IS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND HELP YOU GET A JOB BUT DOESNT GUAREENTEE IT AS THEY WILL TELL YOU AND NOT MISS LEAD YOU LIKE URBAN DYNAMICS THEN I WILL LET YOU NOE JUST ASK

and plus urban dynamics prices are outrageous 150 for 20 - 50 dollar classes

SECURITY GUY in New York, New York

71 months ago

Job Interview Tips
An interview gives you the opportunity to showcase your qualifications to an employer, so it pays to be well prepared. The following information provides some helpful hints.

Preparation:

Learn about the organization.
Have a specific job or jobs in mind.
Review your qualifications for the job.
Be ready to briefly describe your experience, showing how it relates it the job.
Be ready to answer broad questions, such as "Why should I hire you?" "Why do you want this job?" "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"
Practice an interview with a friend or relative.
Personal appearance:

Be well groomed.
Dress appropriately.
Do not chew gum or smoke.
The interview:

Be early.
Learn the name of your interviewer and greet him or her with a firm handshake.
Use good manners with everyone you meet.
Relax and answer each question concisely.
Use proper English—avoid slang.
Be cooperative and enthusiastic.
Use body language to show interest—use eye contact and don’t slouch.
Ask questions about the position and the organization, but avoid questions whose answers can easily be found on the company Web site.
Also avoid asking questions about salary and benefits unless a job offer is made.
Thank the interviewer when you leave and shake hands.
Send a short thank you note.
Information to bring to an interview:

Resume or application. Although not all employers require a resume, you should be able to furnish the interviewer information about your education, training, and previous employment.
References. Employers typically require three references. Get permission before using anyone as a reference. Make sure that they will give you a good reference. Try to avoid using relatives as references.
Transcripts. Employers may require an official copy of transcripts to verify grades, coursework, dates of attendance, and highest grade completed or

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gtzbadass

71 months ago

security guy do you promote Urban Dynamics?

71 months ago

In Response to GTZBadass:

I IN NO WAY PROMOTE THEM.

I work for a Human Resources Staff in NYC. I hear ALOT of complaints from applicants who have gone there. They are in the business of selling all training courses, but they do not employee any Security Guards so they will not tell them there maybe things that disqualify them from holding a Security License.

I hear bad things about the following schools and wanted to see how many others had posted about them and their reputations
Urban Dynamics
Rescue One
RTCE

gtzbadass

71 months ago

well they are a school and their prices are outrageous

but their problem is they use the unemployeed's weakness of wanting a job despertley to xploit them for their money

when doing this they tell the customer all these wonderfull things and make promises they dont keep convincing the customer to sign the contract and dish out their money

71 months ago

Would you recommend any legit companies that hire Security Guards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gtzbadass

71 months ago

what i recomend is that you get your 8 hour your 16 hour and just pay for your license

when it comes

go directly to a company such as

classic
and all the other major companies

who i do suggest is focus career group

their classes are way cheaper and if you do classes wih them they try to help you land a job at a security company they dont misslead you and make promises they cant keep
their 8 hour class is like $15-$25

urban dynamics charge like $150

was this information helpfull?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Do you have a number for Classic and Focus? Yes very helpful indeed. Do you work for a company as well?

gtzbadass

71 months ago

no job yet
i have my 8 and 16 im goin to pay for the license and apply to classic when i get it

focus

they dont allow you to post numberes here whats ur email

gtzbadass

71 months ago

djSpiider

71 months ago

send me the email/number for those companies too..
spiider@tmail.com

HJB in The Bronx, New York

71 months ago

SECURITY GUY in New York, New York said: In Response to GTZBadass:

I IN NO WAY PROMOTE THEM.

I work for a Human Resources Staff in NYC. I hear ALOT of complaints from applicants who have gone there. They are in the business of selling all training courses, but they do not employee any Security Guards so they will not tell them there maybe things that disqualify them from holding a Security License.

I hear bad things about the following schools and wanted to see how many others had posted about them and their reputations
Urban Dynamics
Rescue One
RTCE

You forgot First Security!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Anyone know any good training schools? or companies hiring? All i see is a big list of bad places to go to

gtzbadass

71 months ago

focus career grup is good i went there their cheap and honest

71 months ago

I Heard that Classic is hiring and they are pretty good. They get alot of people to apply so not sure how my chances are going up against other people applying.

Summit is hiring to but I went to a job fair last week for them and it was wack.

Allied has a long online application which isnt that good either.

71 months ago

Good looking on Focus by the way they were good, helpful and not expensive

gtzbadass

71 months ago

no problem

does classic hire if you only have your 8 n 16 hour classes (no License Yet)?

cj

71 months ago

do anybody have the information for classic security? Phone number address or website? Thanks I went to my interview with summit today, keep u guys posted on the outcome.

cj

71 months ago

do you guys notice something, rtce people who went for interviews each was asked to bring in different amounts for their background checks and or so called drug test, now why some people background checks cost more or less than others? And anybody that say they got a job thru rtce I would like proof of that cause anybody been to rtce knows there not a company but a school acting as such, n I never failed a drug test cuz they never gave one, they send you out on referrals to other companies. If you guys wanna take these people to small claims court to get your money back let's do this n stop whining on this site. I got a complain with dept of consumer affairs I'm waiting on the outcome before I go to small claims so I think u guys should do the same and contact dept of consumer affairs and file a complain

71 months ago

Ya RTCE is a TRAINING SCHOOL only, they had given a piece of paper with a bunch of security companies that are taking applications. Id say get your money back ASAP no reason for them to drug test you since they do not employee guards they ref to other companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Unknown in New York, New York said: Anyone know any good training schools? or companies hiring? All i see is a big list of bad places to go to

here's a good traing company go to Black hawk Security School&Services it's in the Bronx and his number is 7,1,8-6,8,4,8,9,4,3' and Metro One Security is hiring too that's were Iam at!

cj

71 months ago

Securitas is pretty good, if you do not want to pay for your certificates go to them they do it for free the only thing u pay for is the license which they deduct from ur first two three checks, they started me with $10 I got everything thru them.
how much did they start u at metro one, and also do they do walk ins? Has anybody gone to or is employed with classic or top guard security? I also see Apollo is hiring starting at $10 has anybody checked them out?

cj

71 months ago

FJC is real good, there hard to get into but I believe you could get 11 hr starting with them, they are really organized and strict, so sloppy guards don't event waste ur time with them. I believe I still have the human resources contact for them, did the online app, waiting for callback

JJ in New York, New York

71 months ago

Ya I got in with Classic, they help you obtain your license with a very intense background check. You have to have your 8 and 16 before they hire you though. They have a union and other training for free to all people who work there. Pay is around 8-10 an hour.

Very organized and strict but looks like they have alot to offer. They are on 36th st in the city

dat nukka in Rockaway Park, New York

71 months ago

i hate to be a pain but can u tell me the address for classic? 36th street is not gonna help do they have a number or a website i wanna look into b4 i travel out there for nothing like other companies

chinky L.i.C

71 months ago

I got riped off also. I called this company and Ms.leslie picked up the phone then she told me to come in bring the money (75.00) and i would be interviewed. I went in and went throug the process then when i got home i Got curious about this company so i googled it. Come to find out that is a fraud and they don't give u no placement they train you take ur money then that's it. The guy told me that ! Have a 244 remaining balance. Now !ts only me @nd my grandmother so !m strugling for money but thank god i Googled it and found out that this is a fraud. Thanks to evryone else who posted information about this company.

mr. very handsome boi in Bronx, New York

70 months ago

i was coming from my cuzzin house into 125th train station and a flyer was being handed out secruity jobs avilable so me needing a job i jumped on the opportunity i called up and a lady anwsered and she explained 2 me that i need to come in with 80 dollars so i said bet that friday when i came in it looked fishey but me needing a job i continued so ok i met with mr.scott tall dark skin man a little feminate he is tall smooth talker and i was likein it he was sayin all the right things im gettin a job and i will make 10 - 15 dollars an hour so ok he says come in 4 classes o but he does say i will get my license so he says come in for classes next week and by the following tuesday i WILL have a job i did the classes passed test when i came that saturday 2 finish classes and pay the rest of my 249 balance in total 329 they said come in on thursday 2 get my certificate so ok cae in all dressed up ready 2 meet with the job placement guy did that he talk garbage they gave me my certificates and im like where is the job u have to go on interviews what i thought u gave us jobs so now im stuck they have my money i want it back now and i dont know how to go about it someone help me please urban dynamic on 42 and 5th ave is fake people let other people kno they will steel ur money the guy i dealt with name was mr. scott if u have any response's my emails r dblocko789@aol.com& qwondadon166@aol.com thx and please any advice tips other info job info how i go about getting my money back i would gladly except my name is maury and once again i thank u.

70 months ago

mr. very handsome boi in Bronx, New York said: i was coming from my cuzzin house into 125th train station and a flyer was being handed out secruity jobs avilable so me needing a job i jumped on the opportunity i called up and a lady anwsered and she explained 2 me that i need to come in with 80 dollars so i said bet that friday when i came in it looked fishey but me needing a job i continued so ok i met with mr.scott tall dark skin man a little feminate he is tall smooth talker and i was likein it he was sayin all the right things im gettin a job and i will make 10 - 15 dollars an hour so ok he says come in 4 classes o but he does say i will get my license so he says come in for classes next week and by the following tuesday i WILL have a job i did the classes passed test when i came that saturday 2 finish classes and pay the rest of my 249 balance in total 329 they said come in on thursday 2 get my certificate so ok cae in all dressed up ready 2 meet with the job placement guy did that he talk garbage they gave me my certificates and im like where is the job u have to go on interviews what i thought u gave us jobs so now im stuck they have my money i want it back now and i dont know how to go about it someone help me please urban dynamic on 42 and 5th ave is fake people let other people kno they will steel ur money the guy i dealt with name was mr. scott if u have any response's my emails r dblocko789@aol.com& qwondadon166@aol.com thx and please any advice tips other info job info how i go about getting my money back i would gladly except my name is maury and once again i thank u.
On My God that place again they are riping people off
son also RTCE, First Security and Rescue One Also!

UNKNOWN in Brooklyn, New York

70 months ago

JOB GET ONE YOU GHETTO AZZ PPL.
STOP GOING TO INTERVIEWS WITH DU-RAGS, JEANS AND LOOKING LIKE CRAP.
READ UP ON THE JOB YOU ARE TRYING TO GET, AND HAVE SOME KIND OF UNDERSTANDING THEY ARE PAYING YOU TO DO SOMETHING THEY WANT DONE.

70 months ago

UNKNOWN in Brooklyn, New York said: JOB GET ONE YOU GHETTO AZZ PPL.
STOP GOING TO INTERVIEWS WITH DU-RAGS, JEANS AND LOOKING LIKE CRAP.
READ UP ON THE JOB YOU ARE TRYING TO GET, AND HAVE SOME KIND OF UNDERSTANDING THEY ARE PAYING YOU TO DO SOMETHING THEY WANT DONE.

You on the computer taking crap son come on son!

MILLS in Bronx, New York

70 months ago

djSpiider in New York, New York said: HOW ABOUT EVERYONE HERE WHO HAS BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY RTCE TAKES A FEW MINS AND SENDS A LETTER TO HELP ME HOWARD AND MAYBE, TAKE A CHANCE, AND SEE IF HE GETS ENOUGH LETTERS WITH THE SAME COMPLAIN HE'LL TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK IT OVER.. THAT TO ME MAY BE A START TO GET THIS COMPANY SOME LIGHT IN THE MEDIA AND WE CAN MORE THAN LIKELY HELP THOSE FUTURE INDIVIDUALS NOT GET SCAM LIKE WE ALL DID.
I KEEP READING DIFFERENT PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT TAKING THEM TO COURT AND I SIMPLY DONT BUY IT.. IF ANYTHING WHAT WE SHOULD DO IS ALL OF US WHO ARE WILLING AN ABLE TO PUT A STOP TO THIS COMPANY IS MEET UP SOMEWHERE IN THE CITY DISCUSS OUR SITUATION FACE TO FACE AND FIGURE OUT A WAY TO EITHER TAKE THEM TO COURT OR PUT A STOP TO THEM, EVEN IF WE HAVE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THIER OFFICES AND GIVE OUT FLYERS REPORTING HOW MUCH OF A FRAUD THEY ARE.. EVEN THO I GOT MY MONEY BACK IM WILLING TO HELP PEOPLE GET SOMETHING DONE BECAUSE ITS UNFAIR THAT THEY STILL CONTINUE TO STEAL FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE ONLY LOOKING TO WORK DURING THESE BAD TIMES.. IF YOU'RE WILLING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS EMAIL ME
SPIIDER@TMAIL.COM WITH SOME IDEAS OF WHAT YOU'RE WILING TO DO! COME ONE STOP DOING NOTHING BUT TALK ON A FORUM ABOUT HOW MAD YOU ARE AND LETS DO SOMETHING! LETS GET YOUR MONEY BACK IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER.. TRUST ME

thank u for this info,we all can help.if i may ask,how did u get ur money back,pls help me

djspiider in New York, New York

70 months ago

anyone here ever heard of Front Line Security
is that company any good?

nowledge in Queens Village, New York

70 months ago

watch out for Mr, Fred Tennie, he has an add on craigslist, in which he claims to be on our side, But in reality, he also want money upfront. He has you meet up with this guy named Mr Kearney, at a starbucks in midtown manhattan. He gices u a BS application and ask for money for training and/or refferal services.

ANY OF U GUYS REMEMBER LPNY, LOSS PREVENTION OF NEW YORK, the compnay that start all this security confidence trick, before craigslist was hot which moved to nassau county, but interestingly enough it used to be located where rcte security used to be at. Anyway Mr Teannie and Mr. Kearny both used to work for that company. I dont know what it is, but it like a big elaborate operation that expands to more than one particular company.

BkLyn J in Brooklyn, New York

69 months ago

Yo, I just got hired at Classic. They are pretty good I think. They got alot of people appluying the past week so I guess they are hiring.

THey got a union and benifits.

69 months ago

Hey do you need your security License to get hired there!

BkLyn J in Brooklyn, New York

69 months ago

Need 8Pre and 16OJT, they help u obtain lic. but you have to pay or have it deducted from your check.
and they got a union

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

claudia in Brooklyn, New York

69 months ago

yo this is some bull. my husband went to cp international last week and spoke with a Ms. Anderson. he payed the 80 dollars for a " deposit for his fireguard class" he missed the class so hes been calling ms anderson back to back everyday and theres never an answer. hes going to the office tomorrow to see if anyones there. and there better be otherwise i will track these people down and personally kick a butt. and to that bleep named marissa who is most likely scammin wit them screw u cuz that 80 dollars could be goiin for my sons diapers or formula not to waste on ur dirty low down scammers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr. unknown in New York, New York

69 months ago

i recently went to this job interview at UDCES. I am supposedly to go tomorrow with a some of $500 for some class and a uniform. I don't know what i should do? should one pay any sort of amount for a job? I have been reading a lot about this comments you guys left here and now am afraid to be ripped off. I can;t believe my eyes how many people have gone through this. and yet those companies are still in business We need to do something about this. Playing with people's life's and especially in this critical economical days when every penny counts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bdot in Stony Brook, New York

69 months ago

HUGE RED FLAG, ANY PAYMENT SHOULD BE AFTER YOUR HIRED. IF YOU DONT HAVE A JOB IN PLACE, DONT DO IT. NO CLASS IS THAT MUCH. UNLESS COLLEGE OR CERTIFICATION CLASS. BUT SECRUITY CLASS ARE NOT THAT EXPENSIVE. REMEBER 95 PECENT OF ALL CRAIGLISTS POSTINGS ARE SCHOOLS NOT EMPLOYERS. THE BAD ECONOMY HAS CAUSED A SPIKE IN SCAMS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Cash in East Elmhurst, New York

69 months ago

This Security COmpany IS wonderful I applied With Them I took My Metal Detection Course There and now im working and they have me Making 13.50 And Hour...just wanted to say Thank you to Officer Egan god bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Asia in Mount Vernon, New York

69 months ago

MY FRIEND WENT TO THIS RTCE INC COMPANY.. GAVE THEM 100 DOLLARS THEN TURNED AROUND AND GAVE THEM 124.. IT DIDNT SIT RIGHT WITH ME JUST BECAUSE OF ALL THE MONEY THEY WERE CHARGING AND THE ADDRESS THEY HAD.. I LOOKED THEM UP AND FOUND ALL OF THIS.. THESE COMPANIES ARE FULL OF CRAP. I CALLED RTCE INC TO SEE IF HE CAN GET HIS MONEY BACK. AND THEY TOLD ME THAT ANYTHING AFTER THE FIRST 100 HE CAN GET BACK.. SO THAT MEANS THEIR JUST TAKING PEOPLES MONEY.. I ALSO WENT TO AN BARTENDING SCHOOL, PAID 300 DOLLARS AND WAS PROMISED A JOB... AND WAS NEVER PLACED. YES I AM NOW CERTIFIED IN BARTENDING BUT I CANT FIND A JOB. CUZ EVERYONE WANTS SOMEONE WITH EXPERIANCE. THESE COMPANIES NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN..

Drea in Newark, New Jersey

68 months ago

I HAVE A REALLY BIG FAVOR TO ASK YOU GUYS!! I WENT TO URBAN DYNAMICS THAT BULLCRAP AGENCY IS A FRAUD!!! THEY CHARGED ME ABOUT $400 FOR SOME BULL... I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND I WILL REPORT THE COMPANY AND DO WHAT IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO STOP THIS COMPANY FROM TAKING INNOCENT PEOPLE'S MONEY!! IF YOU GUYS WANT WE CAN ALL COME TOGETHER AND TAKE THIS COMPANY DOWN..HERE IS MY E-MAIL
HOTLATINQT23@GMAIL.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kay in Newark, Delaware

68 months ago

Security Lady said: 2/12/08 - Today I was getting ready to go on an interview with RITE Inc. for a Security job. The person's name is Miss Holiday and there is an ad on the newspaper for security jobs. Then, I started to get suspicious feeling about the company's address which is in Queens is 41-21 29th St. (Why does a company in hires people for Manhattan sites?) I Work in the midtown area for Security companies and I have never heard of this one before. I spoke to Miss Holiday whom ask me bring $85.00 for a drug test and backgrownd check, but none of the companies have ever charge me for those test before. So I decided to search about this companyon internet and ... Boom!! I found out it is a fraudulent agengy. Thanks 'Gaelle', for helping me out!

The lady that I spoke to was Ms. Gee, I thought that this was suspicious, that's why I checked. Thanks!

hotlatinqt23

68 months ago

I paid almost $400 at Urban Dynamic in manhattan on 42nd, that place is a big fraud!! I want to know what can I do in order to get my money back!! They promised me a job paying $10 and up and the places they send me are only paying $7.75 and its not even guranteed, I have to wait until they call me whenever they are hiring!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

hotlatinqt23

68 months ago

You must be someone from urban dynamics!! And I gurantee u are!! Because if you were to go to that office you will know that they are a big fraud!! I don't care what you can say, I know they are a fraud but its okay they are not going to get away with this!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bdot in Queens Village, New York

68 months ago

I completely agree with Adam on the issue. But i want to add something in addressing that proponent of Urban dynamics. Fraud in a legal sense does not necessarily apply to many of these companies because they issue you contracts that absolved them of legal prosecution. This is why they still exist because according to their logic, they are telling you upfront in a contract that their unethical.Unethical does not equal illegal or fraudulent, and that is the problem. first of all, they are unethical, they overcharge for products and services that they factually know are unnecessary in a entry level security career. 2nd their advertisement specifically target jobseekers NOT class seekers. The make themselves appear as direct employers when in fact they are not. So a jobseeker is already wasting his or her time by picking up the phone to inquire about their ad because they weren't straight up to begin with. 3rd a contract is not a defense to unethical practices. Since prosecution is unlikely under existing law, we simply have two A) drive these companies out of business because we don't fall for their misleading tactics or B) we drive them to be honest and ethical, by dismissing and identifying their misleading tactics. Either way, us as consumers and job seekers are better off.

hotlatinqt23

68 months ago

i also agree with Adam. These people sit in their ffices acting like they are very professional & then come to find out at the end everything is a big joke. All they want is ur money. Never have i heard of a security company charging so damn much for these certificates. I personally paid $398 and the dam guy promised me a job as soon as the 8 hr,16hr,& fireguard classes were over. and its been about two weeks that i've finished and still havent heard from anyone. I am so mad at myself for even gettin myself into all this! I should of known that most places in Ny are total scams. Now i need to investigate how to get my money back because even thou i signed that stupid contract they did not give me what was promised. I dont want to be like other people who are afraid and think they cant do something about it,because im going to do something about this.

cj

68 months ago

u is 100% right, cuz thats basically what consumer affairs was telling me. I had to curse the guy out n hang up da phone on them cuz, these companies r getting away because of their bogus contracts that we sign, but all in all its false advertisement and misleading to jobseekers....that should be illegal! Thats why these schools are so cocky when u threaten them with legal actions cuz they know there hiding behind those bogus contracts, there gotta b a way to take legal actions n bring some of these fraudulent schools to da light. We need to find a way to put a stop to these schools. Anybody got any ideas or suggestion I'm all ears.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.