Comments (51 to 100 of 163)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Dana in Woodside, New York

28 months ago

Complete Waste of Time!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Woodside, New York

28 months ago

I am looking for a temporary position while I complete my degree. I saw an advertisement on Craig's list the other day. A company was hiring in conjunction with Workforce 1. You have all seen these ads right? They tell you to come on down. Specific hours are listed and you will not be allowed in after those hours. They pay is usually not great, but hey. So I put on my suit, printed out my resume and paid my $2.25 to go down to what turned out to be the third floor of the public library. There I was greeted by a teenager sitting behind a desk. He asks me if I am registered with workforce 1. Nowhere in the ad did it say I had to register, so I said no. I fill out the required paperwork and submitted it with my resume. He tells me to have a seat and a representative will call me in. He calls me up to the desk 2 or 3 times to ask me different questions. Am I available to work a 16 hour day? Do I have an open availability? I said sure! He mumbles that his representative needs to know these things. Great! I want to work. THEN he says so I will take your resume and give it to the representative. I see two women sitting at desks in the back, so I assume they are the representatives. I say should I have a seat? the kid says no, we will call you. I had to laugh I was so shocked. I told him I thought there would be on the spot interviews. He said "we ask people to come in, prove they are human, take their resume. The representative reviews it, If she finds you are a good fit, she calls you." I said may I speak with the representative? he said they are in our Jamaica Office.

My question is this: why then did I pay $2.25($4.50 round trip) to go to the 3rd floor of a library when they could have stated in the ad to go to the Jamaica office? I left that office feeling disgusted with Workforce 1!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

ANDYRAUL in Richmond Hill, New York

28 months ago

THEY DO NOT HELP NO ONE I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS GUYS STILL IN BUISSENESS. BUT ANYWAY SOMEBODY HAS TO GET AVANTAGE OF OUR TAX MONEY. AND WORKFORCCE 1 IS ONE OF THEM UNDER THE GOVERMENT BLESSING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York

27 months ago

You can get interviews for driver and retail jobs. Thats about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

27 months ago

opalclover1@yahoo.com in New York, New York said: Have received Smart 2010 for over a month and usually what they send does not match my background, or are much lower on the salary they're offering. Use other job boards and agencies if possible.

If the Smart you are talking about is the same thing that my local dept of labor office sends me via email then you are RIGHT!

What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Powell in New York, New York

27 months ago

I am a new york times columnist and I'm writing on workforce 1. Interested in your expierences, if you wouldn't mind. I can be reached at powellm@nytimes.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dcarr3484 in Bronx, New York

27 months ago

Sad to say I have to agree with those who do not find Workforce1 helpful. Where do I begin? I have registered/used the services of 4 different WF1 locations, I have attended 5or6 of their recruitment events. The recruitment event in 12/2011 was the worst! You had to show up one day to be screened, you were then told to return on another day to meet with the employers you qualified to interview with. The representative from Graham Wyndam (social services/foster care agency) showed up 2 hours late!Here's an even better example. I attended a recruitment event at the 149th Street Bronx, NY office. After having my resume reviewed by the WF1 representative, I was deemed qualified to apply for the position. I was then told to go home and apply for the job through the company's website. I had a friend who went straight to the same company (in person, no WF1 involvement),filled out an application and got the job. Draw your own conclusion. After 18 months of involvement with WF1, I do not put a lot of faith in them. Don't let them be the only place you use for job assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

anthony collica in New York, New York

27 months ago

i would like to register. never been to work force 1 be for. please send a copy to the closes one in my area zip code 1ooo3. address 7 cross STREETS 7 DIRECTIONS HOW TO GET THERE FROM 347 EAST 18TH ST. MANHATTAN... THANK YOU FOPR UR HELP...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

i would like to register. never been to work force 1 be for. please send a copy to the closes one in my area zip code 1ooo3. address 7 cross STREETS 7 DIRECTIONS HOW TO GET THERE FROM 347 EAST 18TH ST. MANHATTAN... THANK YOU FOPR UR HELP...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

27 months ago

Macys is hiring at workforce1 for friday...worst employer but if you do need work they will hire anyone. Don't expect more then 12 hours weekly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

They should make an entry level market place, where you won't get discriminated against for education level or experience.

Simon in Staten Island, New York

27 months ago

dcarr3484 in Bronx, New York said: Sad to say I have to agree with those who do not find Workforce1 helpful. Where do I begin? I have registered/used the services of 4 different WF1 locations, I have attended 5or6 of their recruitment events . The recruitment event in 12/2011 was the worst! You had to show up one day to be screened, you were then told to return on another day to meet with the employers you qualified to interview with. The representative from Graham Wyndam (social services/foster care agency) showed up 2 hours late!Here's an even better example. I attended a recruitment event at the 149th Street Bronx, NY office. After having my resume reviewed by the WF1 representative, I was deemed qualified to apply for the position. I was then told to go home and apply for the job through the company's website. I had a friend who went straight to the same company (in person, no WF1 involvement),filled out an application and got the job. Draw your own conclusion. After 18 months of involvement with WF1, I do not put a lot of faith in them. Don't let them be the only place you use for job assistance.

Thanks for sharing. I was about to go their recruitment session tomorrow, but found the same job listing on the hiring companies website. Will save myself the trouble and apply directly with the employer.

26 months ago

So I found a program called groceryworks, it seems to be the type of programs workforce1 "should" be creating. They train you to work at grocery stores and job placement. If we support good programs maybe they will created more, I hope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

brhamilton6 in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

blake in Ridgewood, New York said: They had us packed in to classrooms on top of each other or standing all day till 5pm with no training or instruction the were not enough computers. We were in there with mentally ill people who couldnt get their medication because medicaid cut funding, became violent or loud and unstable. Confidential information was blabbed all over the place it was a night mare. If you got employment it was with ex-convicts, men that abused harrassed and stalked women. Prison lesbians bothering you and people literally peeping at you over the toilet and telling male supervisors what you were doing in the toilet. You were bullied and picked on so badly your health began suffering. They bad mouth you to potential employers and are a complete waste of time. The pay is $7 hourly and the work hours are often less than part time and layoffs are frequent so sometime you earn $20 a week or $80 a week. I had scraped together money to get to work only to be sent home beause there was no work available for weeks at a time. I went to get my paycheck and there were no funds available to cash it. They tried to burden me with two wep assignments when i tried to get training or college certificates and when I refused because it was too much for my then seriously bad health they made me run back and forth repeatedly closed my foodstamps, cash & medicaid just to get even. So i'm stuck no job, bad references, no benefits which they close as soon as i open them. I don't know what to do

Keep applying for state fair hearings ,play the game right along with the tricksters....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

frantzojeanty30@hotmail.com in Brooklyn, New York said: I live in Brooklyn and I recently graduate from a dental hygiene program and I also have my license. How can you guys help me to find a job.

Did you find a job, they say dental hygiene is in demand...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina "Business Owner" in South Ozone Park, New York

25 months ago

The best bet is to create your own business. If you have any funds saved from a previous job then that may help you. I started my own online clothing store and walk in store. I was running out of ideas since I always wondered "What if I lose my job, what next ?"

Start a business ! If you're currently working or if you find a job save if you don't have the funds currently to start a business. Working for someone else is too hectic. A friend of mine started a daycare business after getting fired from her job which paid her very well but layed her off so she had to find a way to make ends meet.

Workforce 1 is no good ! If you go there your just looking to waste time & money. Instead if you see workforce posting any jobs on craigslist be sure to contact the company directly instead of going to workforce.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NYCDIVA in Woodmere, New York

25 months ago

maria in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Macys is hiring at workforce1 for friday...worst employer but if you do need work they will hire anyone. Don't expect more then 12 hours weekly.

THEY WILL PAY YOU 7.50 AN HOUR. 8.00 IF YOUR LUCKY! GREEN ACRES MALL LOCATION.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NYCDIVA in Woodmere, New York

25 months ago

Tina "Business Owner" in South Ozone Park, New York said: The best bet is to create your own business . If you have any funds saved from a previous job then that may help you. I started my own online clothing store and walk in store. I was running out of ideas since I always wondered "What if I lose my job, what next ?"

Start a business ! If you're currently working or if you find a job save if you don't have the funds currently to start a business. Working for someone else is too hectic. A friend of mine started a daycare business after getting fired from her job which paid her very well but layed her off so she had to find a way to make ends meet.

Workforce 1 is no good ! If you go there your just looking to waste time & money. Instead if you see workforce posting any jobs on craigslist be sure to contact the company directly instead of going to workforce.

YOU HIT IT RIGHT OUT OF THE BALL PARK!!!

dadcookstoo@gmail.com in Bronx, New York

25 months ago

hey its like this workforce one is just a sham its just a waste of
time and only benefit the people that's there working they have all
kinds of tricks to get you in there office to raise their numbers
so their paper work seems that they are helping find work.
That's especially true in the Bronx they hold phony open houses,post non existent jobs on jobs boards they only refer you
to lo wage or entry level jobs any way.
I applied for a job thru them never even got a reply i applied for the same job at the company's own open house and was hired on the spot this was in 2010,I find that new york state dept. of labor
can help you better but you have to make an appointment and play
dumb. why don't they learn to do what their not good at like get
me a workforce I.D. card I've filled out three applications still
don't have one the first time I filed in Yonkers I got one that day
and i do find they are more accommodating to their own NUFF SAID.

jimmy c in New York, New York

25 months ago

Anni in Hempstead, New York said: Who do you consider "non-minority" ? Because if you're referring to Caucasion people as "non-minority" you're out of your mind! Have you looked around lately??

God Bless that statement was true as hell!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

Anyone tried room attendant job? at the hotels.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

K.Archer in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

nyc4life in Springfield Gardens, New York said: If anyone here has used or is currently using Workforce 1 to find work, could you please share your experiences, good and bad.

As far as meeting government quotas, Workforce1 has no issue recruiting job seekers so they exploit participants for their own NUMBERS, to keep up their own quotas. They make us give them their resume, sign up for programs, wait unnecessarily long times just to speak to a hiring manager about minimum wage jobs. Also, much of the staff have arrogant attitudes and since they know they are referring people for these jobs, they have gotten a little power hungry, some at least. Their customer service is not too great, actually rather poor. They have a superiority complex and do not always seem too helpful.
Cons; they have unnecessary long wait times
their staff does not provide good customer service
their staff is very social with other staff, and not friendly to customers
the staff EXPLOIT people for their own quotas
they do not always have the better interest of the customer in mind, they insist on filling their own position rather than actually helping customers
many of these jobs that do mass hiring are available without going through them, i.e Opinion Access, many JFK positions, so if you can, go directly to them without having to deal with Workforce1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

I went to the Workforce One here in Brooklyn yesterday. I am not a hard person to train at all. I have experience in administrative work but I wouldn't mind taking something beneath me if it means paying some bills. I went to one of their recruiting events. I was told that I would receive a call to set up the interview for TJ Maxx. Well, Today is Thursday. No phone call or even so much as an email.

I've been unemployed for God knows how long and I just want a f*cking chance to prove myself. Workforce One is a waste of government money.

PERIOD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NO work in Windsor Locks, Connecticut

23 months ago

Well, here is a huge joke...I tried to work FOR this place. Each time I went for an advertised posistion, I was treated like a piece of yesterday's garbage. I don't know if it was my COLOR, but it may very well have been as I am not a minority (Well, I AM, but not according to AFF ACT.) Hartford only has 15 Percent Whites. Any ways...these women who were in charge should NOT have had a job no matter WHAT color they were. Maybe they have not heard but 750 thousand WHites gave their lives in the Civil War so that someday they would hold a position as such...and HALF of those families never found out what happened to their husbands, fathers, or brothers due to the bloody way they died. So, when they sit with their hatred, treating others with disgust and nastiness, they might want to understand the LARGER picture. I am trying to leave CT...it has turned into nothing but a prejudice state for Whites. My Mom in the 60's stood with MLK...guess she should have sat down and shut up because her efforts and everyone elses have gone unappreciated...Someday, if the earth does not implode first...there will come a time when people stop feeling sorry for something that DID NOT HAPPEN to them and come to the realization that they have wasted many lifetimes of hating when there was no need. For now, it doesnt turn me prejudice, but it makes me cry for all the people who worked so hard to bring about equality only to see that it has created a reverse situation instead of its intended person of an "American" community.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

jimmy c in New York, New York said: God Bless that statement was true as hell!

Hartford, CT....Whites make up only 15 percent of the population and yet have no Affirmative Action and I am here to tell you that "minorities" do NOT hire Whites...they are getting even...but the joke is...no one alive did anything to them or their families and they have not felt prejudice themsevels...if a White person is mean...it might be that BEHAVIOR that is going on...you know...the pushing, shoving, grabbing in stores...the way someone with a job treates Whites who wait in lines or need help at the State, Fed level where they hold all those Affirmative Action jobs...or it could simply be the place of residence...you know, the shootings in neighborhoods...NONE of that has a thing to do with color...that is 100 percent behavior...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York said: They should make an entry level market place, where you won't get discriminated against for education level or experience.

Well, they dont help anyone who has an education either. I have been out of work a year, and they have not found me one job and I have good references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Tina "Business Owner" in South Ozone Park, New York said: The best bet is to create your own business . If you have any funds saved from a previous job then that may help you. I started my own online clothing store and walk in store. I was running out of ideas since I always wondered "What if I lose my job, what next ?"

No one can pay rent on 8.00 an hour...

Christian Montalvo in Bronx, New York

23 months ago

MMH in Bronx, New York said: I am sorry but, I hate to disagree with you. I am a "Spanish" speaking person who speaks English w/zero accent due to the fact that I was raised in this great nation. I experienced having to job search w/Workforce 1 several times in the past. However, the location were I attended had very qualified and professional employees - not sure what branch you went. In my experience, it was more like the folks that went to Workforce1 looking for employment, were questionable to me. As a Spanish "speaking" person, I did not find favoritism and decided I could do this on my own w/o their assistance. I did just that and landed a position negotiating a salary rate and benefits that Workforce1 would probably not have been able to help me land. However, if I had to use their services again, I would do it w/o a second thought.

I am thinking about going through workforce one. They obtain more job postings than many online websites. They can also give you interview tips. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MJaybx in Bronx, New York

22 months ago

I had applied to a job on their website and was emailed by one of their staff that I did not qualify for the job but had one that I was a fit for. They made me waste a day going to their office in long island city just to meet me for 5 minutes. My resume was collected and I was told
I was a perfect candidate for a job position that they would be in contact with the recruiter. 3 weeks and still no call not even an email. Waste of time and false hope only to raise their quotas up to say they are helping people but actually do nothing. I was told to look for more job postings and call to say if I found job. Really?? So you can take the credit. Hell no !! Don't waste your time workforce1 is a garbage place that won't help .

22 months ago

It's all the same. Dept of Labor, Career One Stops, etc.

Totally useless people.

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

22 months ago

Seems they really hate people who have education and skills. They are rude and they belittle you. Why are they pushing the low wage jobs?? They should have a combo of both low wage for the unskilled and decent wage for the skilled. I've also experienced that they absolutely hate white people! Why are they such haters? They're so prejudiced. I think this organization hires haters for a reason, so they can get the affirmative action quotas up. I've never been biased, but dealing with all these haters, you walk away like "WTF??" My Hispanic friends who went there said "they hate Hispanics too, don't feel bad." So I don't know, they're just haters. End of story.

Joe Gagill in Ellenville, New York

22 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: Seems they really hate people who have education and skills. They are rude and they belittle you. Why are they pushing the low wage jobs?? They should have a combo of both low wage for the unskilled and decent wage for the skilled.

They push low wage type jobs because it requires little effort for them to find them to post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Ask these num nums one day. Would you want any of those dead end type jobs you tell us about. Or your children.

22 months ago

The Dept of Labor is the same. Overpaid paper pushers who drink coffee all day. One day I will explode and tell them to go out in the real world, the private sector, and get a real job. They won't like working in the private sector, your actually accountable in the private sector.

jamelr in Brooklyn, New York

22 months ago

Workforce 1 is not geared to assist people with degrees and most especially when you are older. You are told that your resume looks impressive and we will hold on to it and that's all they do. I will not say that people don't get help. My question is what kind of jobs do they get. Imagine I was told to go to indeed.com by one of their counselors.

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

22 months ago

Joe Gagill in Ellenville, New York said: The Dept of Labor is the same. Overpaid paper pushers who drink coffee all day. One day I will explode and tell them to go out in the real world, the private sector, and get a real job. They won't like working in the private sector, your actually accountable in the private sector.

You're so right!! I spent 16 years in the private sector: legal, non profit, real estate. I totally agree. All these anti-social losers that work at Workforce, Goodwill, America Works, and the rest of the so-called "vendors" who can't even sell lemonade at a stand to save their life, are nothing more than private sector rejects. These losers wouldn't last a week in a typical private sector job.
Those Workforce1 places are "Loser Bastion." - run by losers.

22 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: You're so right!! I spent 16 years in the private sector: legal, non profit, real estate. I totally agree. All these anti-social losers that work at Workforce, Goodwill, America Works, and the rest of the so-called "vendors" who can't even sell lemonade at a stand to save their life, are nothing more than private sector rejects. These losers wouldn't last a week in a typical private sector job.
Those Workforce1 places are "Loser Bastion." - run by losers.

There's no enlightment when one goes there. No light bulb going off saying wow that's a great idea, I never thought about doing that.

What you do say is, I should of stayed home.

dcarr3484 in Bronx, New York

22 months ago

Thank you to everyone who has posted in regards to their experience with Workforce 1. Some of the comments are hysterically funny. Thanks for the laugh, I can surely use it. What is not funny is the deplorable service provided by WF1. Does anyone know of anyone who has gotten a job through them? When I started out with WF1 I had hopes that if I persisted something good would come from my endeavors. To date I have signed up with 4 different WF1 locations and if chasing myself counts for anything then that is all I have to show for my efforts over a 3 year period. As I am typing this post I am awaiting a reply from both a voicemail message and email sent to the same representative at WF1's healthcare center. I was told this past week about a recruitment/screening event on Monday October 29, 2012. I have not been able to receive verification on this from WF1. The administration of this program has changed hands from Seedco to FEGS yet nothing has really changed, just read the other posts. At the end of the day as was previously mentioned by the other posters WF1 has the numbers to continue to justify its existence and billing NYC for its services. I think they are required to produce the wrong statistic. If WF1 had to produce the numbers of people who they assisted in obtaining employment I don't think they would still be in existence.

22 months ago

Bottom line.....you can never depend on the government to help you. Just look at what happen with Hurricane Katrina. Govt is never the answer. Most of the time.

22 months ago

I was a job as a Housing Specialist and I asked about it. It was different from what I have been doing but I knew it was something I can do and since they already had my resume I thought they might have contacted me. this did not happen so I emailed and was told that they no long have that position. Not that it was filled, and what was worse it was on their web site for a week after. What I believe is that they have their people already air marked for certain positions and the rest of us don't count. Maybe we should form our own Workforce.

Bernardette in New York

22 months ago

I know a lot of you complained about Work force1 here and many had bad experiences with them, I was one of them I attended one of their events for a position that required a valid drivers license but it did not say so in the ad I actually I cancelled another interview to attend said event and wasted half a day hearing non sense from people sitting with me just to tell you two ladies got into an argument but going back to the event I got really upset when the recruiter said I needed a drivers license for the position I told them the ad didn't state such a requirement and that's why I attended the event she just said well I'm sorry well I went home and I called 311 to complain about the Jamaica work force1 center less than 30 minutes later I had the director of the location on the phone apologizing for their mistake and all future ad did state all the requirements needed. The point I'm trying to make is that if we all take time to complain about our experiences with workforce1 maybe our voices would be heard SEND AN EMAIL, A LETTER OR CALL 311 something has to be done against this people there is individuals that really want a job and are trying everything in their power to get one and this centers are just wasting our time.

22 months ago

Like you I emailed the Mayor's office and I was contacted by one of the Directors from the Madison Ave office. I did see someone from that office. I am in agreement with you. Anyone who feels that they were treated less than politely should complain and just maybe things might change.

Alice105 in New York, New York

22 months ago

Hi, I'm 19 & I just want a crappy job in retail, will workforce be able to help me? With that, I was already a home health aid and lord knows I don't want that again crappy hours and crappy cordinators-_-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: Hi, I'm 19 & I just want a crappy job in retail, will workforce be able to help me? With that, I was already a home health aid and lord knows I don't want that again crappy hours and crappy cordinators-_-

Once they did help me get a job with burlington coat factory. But on my own, its easy to get macys, jcpenney, Forever 21 is having job fairs, and online I applied for old navy.

If you put open availability you have a better chance and exp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York said: Once they did help me get a job with burlington coat factory. But on my own, its easy to get macys, jcpenney, Forever 21 is having job fairs, and online I applied for old navy.

If you put open availability you have a better chance and exp.

Thanks. And which workforce 1 has the better recruiting events? Do they hire you on the spot or is it a long drag out process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: Hi, I'm 19 & I just want a crappy job in retail, will workforce be able to help me? With that, I was already a home health aid and lord knows I don't want that again crappy hours and crappy cordinators-_-

Workforce 1, Dept of Labor, Career One Stops, and other govt agencies alike SPECIALIZE in finding crappy, dead-end, low-paying, mind-numbing jobs like the one your looking for.

So the answer to your question is YES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Thanks!=}

22 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: Thanks. And which workforce 1 has the better recruiting events? Do they hire you on the spot or is it a long drag out process?

I only went to Queens workforce1, they prescreen you with other candidates, usually group interview style. Its not on the spot. Then if your picked you go to the employer, usually the next day. Brooklyn looks ghetto, but you can still try them. Sometimes they do really dumb recruitments where you just apply online in their offices. They love to waste your time. I would advise apply directly with employers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York said: I only went to Queens workforce1, they prescreen you with other candidates, usually group interview style. Its not on the spot. Then if your picked you go to the employer, usually the next day. Brooklyn looks ghetto, but you can still try them. Sometimes they do really dumb recruitments where you just apply online in their offices. They love to waste your time. I would advise apply directly with employers.

No, don't apply directly to employers. Go to the offices of your Workforce 1.

We have to keep them employed at their bloated salaries and great benefits.

If you go directly to employers then Workforce 1 will have to close their doors. And then these useless people will be unemployed like us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.