IS WORKFORCE 1 REALLY HELPING

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 145 of 145)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Alice105 in New York, New York

31 months ago

well pony in Brossard, Quebec said: looking for part-time job from home ? person, honest for mailing
thank you

What kind of job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

I just went to a recruitment event for Century 21, on 60 Madison ave. I did not understand what was the point of me going there if all the lady was gonna do was pass me a paper with her email adress and a link to the employer website, and if the place has Motible "Employers" supposedly hiring there, you can only do one, I still don't see why they don't have employers there? And if all they gonna is tell you apply online, what is the point of going, u can do that at home lol total BS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

well pony in Brossard, Quebec

31 months ago

just mailing enveloppes. will give details in personal email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wall-street take over. in Middle Village, New York

29 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: I just went to a recruitment event for Century 21, on 60 Madison ave. I did not understand what was the point of me going there if all the lady was gonna do was pass me a paper with her email adress and a link to the employer website, and if the place has Motible "Employers" supposedly hiring there, you can only do one, I still don't see why they don't have employers there? And if all they gonna is tell you apply online, what is the point of going, u can do that at home lol total BS

Alice forget the jive; workforce 1 is BS. if they really were in the business to find or help find jobs for people they would be out of a job; goverment /city would say job well done workforce1 it's a joke no body is there to find anyone a job otherwise they would be out of a job themselves .lol read my posting it's hysterical.

29 months ago

So true, all I did was sit there @ century 21 4 3 hrs just to be sent home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wall-street take over in Ridgewood, New York

29 months ago

like why was my comment removed? what's that about

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wall-street take over in Ridgewood, New York

29 months ago

I left a comment about my WF1,exp but was removed.what's that about?Now I gotta repost.my beef is that I once applied for an auto dealership job I found on crag's list which didn't mention anything about Wf1 being there.Cut to the case I show up to the auto dealership open house,& guess what I run into?yep U guessed it,work force 1.mind U I came their on my own.I hate WF1,but then I was told I gotta go though workforce1 pre screening.imagine that next thing I know.I'm in a room with a bunch of other applicant lectured on proper interviewing skills;what to say & what not to say;how to sit,etc,etc.I'm like what is this pre school? very condescending.I know how to give a good interview.I didn't want to deal with WF1. but nope I couldn't get an interview unless I go though workforce 1 reps.I got so pissed off then ask for my resume back & never got to get an interview.thank U workforce1.I could of landed the job had U not gotten in my way.I was shocked when I was told I had to go though them. I don't want Work force 1's help in anything they are a useless group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

29 months ago

Workforce 1 recycles low wage unskilled workers for jobs that last no more than 3-4 months. If you have any kind of degree and experience they won't place you.Recycling people into scheit jobs that have a turnover rate over and over again is what keeps the workforce staff working themselves! All they do is push paperwork and fill out the quota numbers to get gov't grants. That's all they have to do. They also give the employers $10,000 tax credit for 4 months. After the employer lays you off, they still get the credit. Do the research online. I did.It's there. Placing people for turnover jobs keeps everyone in business.And faking the placements also keeps everyone in business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

You're just a number that everyone profits from.You're a statistic that the gov't employment programs profit from. The employer also profits from you because they get a tax break.Nobody gives a * about you BUT YOU.They have thousands of people coming and going. You have to have multiple kids from ex-cons, have a drug problem and be the right color in New York City. The preference on the skin color seems to change one office to the next.Then they bend over backwards to help you. Maybe if you have a disability too. But being single, childfree and long term unemployed, they would rather see you hang yourself or shoot your brains out. They can't profit from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jk in Astoria, New York

21 months ago

hillary in Brooklyn, New York said: bad experience with them. took their training, companies are picking 1 or 2 non minority candidates. they did not hold to their work. i have never heard anything good about them from any one.

There was another equally extensive thread on here that made it abundantly clear Workforce1 is less than useless. Unless you're black, don't bother going. That goes for non-white South Americans too.

Forget Workforce1. If you're even considering this, you need to wake up. You won't "get a job" from a bunch of useless bureaucrat bottom feeders who were too stupid to get real jobs themselves in the first place.

workforce1 REVIEWS in NY, New York

19 months ago

Like, Comment and Follow Workforce1 Reviews On Facebook.

www.facebook.com/workforce1reviews

It's the official page for public reviews of workforce1.
It is not affiliated with or endorsed by workforce1.
It's made by the public, for the public.

It's our platform!
Use it!

19 months ago

Jk in Astoria, New York said: There was another equally extensive thread on here that made it abundantly clear Workforce1 is less than useless. Unless you're black, don't bother going. That goes for non-white South Americans too.

Forget Workforce1. If you're even considering this, you need to wake up. You won't "get a job" from a bunch of useless bureaucrat bottom feeders who were too stupid to get real jobs themselves in the first place.

Like, Comment and Follow Workforce1 Reviews On Facebook.

It's our platform!
Use it!

lml in New York, New York

19 months ago

Have not had much success with workforce 1. Staff make nice promises at first but does not result in anything tangible (like sustainable employment). And yes one must deploy accountability. Looking for a job is a job in itself! I should know been on both sides of the fence.

carguymagnum@aol.com in Jackson Heights, New York

19 months ago

Complete waste of time going to the workforce 1 factory . I was scheduled for a interview at 10am got there at 9:30 sat until 11:30 no explanation until i finally went in the back with another counselor and thats when i saw the person i was supposed to meet with eating her sandwich at her desk . I couldn't believe it . Then she had the audacity to offer me her card when i was about to leave a colossal waste of time

19 months ago

Utterly Amazing ( and not in a good way )

I experienced the same exact thing, but with a male staff member.
I went to his desk and he started eating and screening me at the same time.

I figure either they think that low of us, feel way too relaxed at their job,
or know there is no real worthwhile job opportunities that they can offer the people.

Eating in front of people can also be a tactic used to gain your trust and make you feel comfortable, as if you're around friends.
That way you'll fall for what they tell you and just accept anything,
so they can get their government benefits after finding you a job.

You'll think,
''Oh, wow, he's eating in front of me.This takes a lot of pressure off of me,
I'm very relaxed now.

This tactic will give good people a feeling of guilt for not accepting the job offers or classes that are given to them.
Because of this feeling of trust and guilt they put into you head, it makes you continue to go back to workforce1 over and over again, even though you know you're wasting your time.

They have tactics to make you feel like workforce1 is the best and only option for you.

Now, I'll say this.There are jobs that you can get through workforce1, but most of these jobs can also be obtained on your own.
Most of these jobs seem to be more beneficial to a high school student or someone that doesn't have a higher standard.
If you're okay with working $8-$9 jobs that most likely won't be full time or have benefits then go ahead and try it.

19 months ago

workforce1 REVIEWS in NY, New York said: Like, Comment and Follow Workforce1 Reviews On Facebook.

It's our platform!
Use it!

Why, oh why...would anyone want to post negative reviews on facebook of this justifiably hated agency? Fbook is a public platform that shows the name and identity of the poster. Even if your own settings are privatized, when potential employers and others look you up on Fbook, your negative review is going to pop up. So what you achieve is that potential employers become aware of the personal facts as they relate to you being unemployed. That helps them to eliminate you. WHY>>>why do you want to hang yourself? You look like a desperate, disgruntled "reviewer", even though you probably have good reason to be upset. It just doesn't help you get a job, dude.Seriously. Also, gov't employees tend to be spiteful.I'm sure some of those abhorrent "counselors" will randomly check these reviews. You don't think someone will retaliate against you? Everybody and their crazy aunt is by now tech savvy and on Fbook. You want to get a job, not rant on Fbook. Save the negative reviews for indeed and other sites where your anonymity is more protected. By the way, I can write a book on WF1. But why waste my own time?

19 months ago

One more thing worth mentioning. I get the purpose of the "eating in front of applicants" tactic to get them to open up and be "more vulnerable". I find this tactic to be deceptively foolish and ghetto at best. In the real business world, it's considered extremely unprofessional to eat in front of people you are interviewing for a job. In the higher levels of business, going out to lunch or dinner over business is the thing done. "Mad Men" tv show is a good anecdotal example of this practice. Going to an expensive bar for drinks is another thing done when poaching clients or "additions to the team". But eating in front of another person who comes to you looking for work is very low class. VERY. Sharing a meal/drinks over negotiations is different. (In the past, I have also noticed that WF1 employees pig out in front of job seekers whom they are supposed to assist. It's low class. ghetto.) It doesn't promote an atmosphere of comfort or cooperation. It's repulsive and disgusting.

That's all. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

The purpose of the workforce1 review page on facebook
is for people to leave their comments and thoughts,
whether it be on the positive side or negative side.

People on facebook have always shared their negative or controversial
views and opinions about all kind of matters, which could be
seen by friends, family members, employers and the government agencies.
I don't think many people would worry too much about posting
a negative comment about workforce1 with their facebook page because
it wouldn't be different than anything else they already post publicly
on facebook.Also, workforce1 has disappointed, wasted the time and carfare of
people to the point where they want a platform to publicly display have they feel,
whether it shows their identity or not.I understand the way you view it is the right
and more logical way, but many people just don't think that way.Furthermore, yelp.com,
has many people that show their picture, name and location and they have no problem
posting what they feel about workforce1.These of the people that would post on facebook.

The main reason the page was created is because workforce1's facebook
page does not allow people to post on their page, and
I'm sure they'll delete any comments that don't make them look
good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

19 months ago

Try to apply directly at hotels. They sometimes use agencies also and don't require alot of experience. And its a growing field.

Not Impressed in Woodside, New York

18 months ago

I just started with Workforce1 and must say I'm not impressed. My first time turned out to take several hours just to physically look at the resume I emailed. Then, I was asked to go in and apply for a position two days later. I came in two days later for even longer than the first day (five hours), to a hiring event, only to learn the position Workforce1 said I was perfect for didn't exist. The employer had no idea what I was talking about.

Either the guy at Workforce1 got misled or he lied to get bodies to show up for the hiring event. I may be unemployed, but I'd like to avoid unnecessary travel ($), and to keep my schedule FREE for real jobs and real interviews. I have a third interview on Monday, with another (I found) afterward. I will walk out and go to the second one if they think it's OK for me (or us) to sit around for several hours. I'm not skipping a legit job interview to sit around for several hours A THIRD TIME with nothing to show.

Also, I was at two Workforce1 offices and have to say I saw too many of their employees walking around in suits throwing out motivating words, talking to each other, saying different things, and seemingly doing nothing. Maybe they need a new office manager to trim the fat, guide the work, and put them on track.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jobless in Bronx, New York

17 months ago

frantzojeanty30@hotmail.com in Brooklyn, New York said: I live in Brooklyn and I recently graduate from a dental hygiene program and I also have my license. How can you guys help me to find a job.

i completely agree i am a fairly educated person with work experience in the arts. why is it that every "option" for work is in health care and other non advancing jobs, low paying and entry level not everyone is interested in a career in the health field, its ridiculous how is someone so pose to find a well paying job not in the health field or basic computer??? this isn't for everyone and when you have no options what do you do where do you go? its unrealistic.

Bluetea in Texas

17 months ago

jobless in Bronx, New York said: i completely agree i am a fairly educated person with work experience in the arts. why is it that every "option" for work is in health care and other non advancing jobs, low paying and entry level not everyone is interested in a career in the health field, its ridiculous how is someone so pose to find a well paying job not in the health field or basic computer??? this isn't for everyone and when you have no options what do you do where do you go? its unrealistic.

That is basically all we do now. Take blood pressure readings and fry chicken.

Griffo in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

MMH in Bronx, New York said: If you're job searching, shouldn't you want to make your "best" first impression? Being properly dressed for the job you're looking for and having the necessary paper work at hand NOT on a disk can make the difference for you. Job searching unprepared simply means you did NOT do your homework so why blame the entity that is trying to help you. If you think the staff is clueless, ask for a manager or move on to a place that suits your needs. But, personally, I would not rule them out that easily. They are still in the running for a good reason. Best of luck!

* It would be impractical to wear a suite everyday all day while job searching. I wouldn't recommend it at all until you have set up your interviews. Being comfortable smart and casual is important.

* In an ever changing world technology is the way to go. Most people have smartphones with a copy of their CV saved within. Simply email the recruiting agent you speak to your CV via email over your device. That way you don't have to walk around like old man gloom with a bunch of CV's that are a wast of paper and cost printing it out.

* Employment agencies/agent typically win a referral fee that can be quite rewarding for them. They need to do some work by placing you with the correct position. If you get the job they get the fee. That is their job and what they are effectively paid to do. If you ever find an agent unwilling to print your CV from a email/flash/cd and aren't proactive then you have a gloomy agent and are better off finding another.

* Nobody wants to deal gloomy agent or a gloomy person. Because if they are gloomy to you then they're gloomy in what they do as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Bronx, New York

15 months ago

Well, of COURSE this program is a tax write-off. If it were that easy to get a job, no one would be unemployed except for the crazies and druggies. This is just going through the motions and pretending to job search in order to try to pacify the tax-payers and HRA. We could just do this on our own. But the real reason even simple jobs are hard to find is because too much dependancy on technology to do everything for us, and too many rich people not caring if the poor disappear. Time for a revolution, folks.

carey in Brooklyn, New York

15 months ago

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York said: So I was searching craigslist and applebee's is hiring all positions but then it says this...

Salary is $5.00 plus tips for all positions except Cooks which is $9.00 an hour

5 dollars hourly? am I reading this wrong

I'm not saying that it doesn't suck, but that's pretty standard for waitstaff. It's considered a base pay from which you will supplement with tips. So in theory you could end up making a lot more, especially if you perform well.

Missiewifie in Brooklyn, New York

14 months ago

top IT executives from JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, UBS, and NBCUniversal sit on the board of a nonprofit organization called NPower, whose Technology Service Corps provides free IT instruction to disadvantaged young adults in the New York City area. TSC provides 18- to 25-year-olds who have a high school diploma or GED equivalent with a 22-week program that involves extensive classroom instruction, internships, job placement services, and mentoring.

Anonymous in Bronx, New York

13 months ago

hillary in Brooklyn, New York said: bad experience with them. took their training, companies are picking 1 or 2 non minority candidates. they did not hold to their work. i have never heard anything good about them from any one.

Hello. I have been to each and every Workforce 1 including the one you mentioned. I am hispanic/spanish and sorry to say that NO they are not more helpful/resourceful to the spanish crowd. As a matter of fact, the experience with the spanish representatives leaves a lot to be desired.

This agency does not help you get a job, or provide a way/road that leads to a job. It is the justification for them to get paid and you to maintain your unemployment. I have voiced at every place my discontent and no real assistance in my search to gain employment.

I am still searching and praying that God provides me with the job that I need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mercedes Meroney in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

Business's don't seem to RESPECT/ACKNOWLEDGE Workforce 1 as a reputable Agency,because they don't seem to get any feed back on why they are not interested in the applicant so they can find out why they did't get hired, so workforce 1 can help them in whatever area that needs strengthening,they do have the resource's. I thought that being with an agency would have that advantage, getting some kind of feed back, the only advantage is that you can find out if your resume made through cyber space to job. but after it arrives,it still doesn't always get to the Hiring manager, because they don't Respect/acknowledge Workforce 1 applicant's, and they should because they do make sure your job ready. The counselor's DON'T work hard enough to get that respect and acknowledgement.

Missiewifie in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

carey in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm not saying that it doesn't suck, but that's pretty standard for waitstaff. It's considered a base pay from which you will supplement with tips. So in theory you could end up making a lot more, especially if you perform well.

your right plus food and beverage is hiring right now. A job is a job and you can make more like you said

Need a job in New York, New York

12 months ago

Workforce 1 is a waste of tax dollars. It's just a way for the govt to say 200k jobs are added

Missk in Brooklyn, New York

11 months ago

hurrikane28@gmail.com in Queens Village, New York said: If you know that this is what the locations at the workforce 1 are doing and you believe its a waste of your time, why not write or go to your congressman in your district and tell them your experience. They will gladly listen if they want to be re-elected. But we can't just talk about it we gotta do something about it! I know that Workforce 1 is what you guys say, I been there and it was all day, and some do help but its all on you though. So tell your congressman, let them investigate their operations, so it can be better for all of us, besides its government dollars that provide so why not complain to them and not each other. We can be heard more effectively that way, than this.

I agree ... Have the govt officials step in and see if the money they invest is benefiting those that it is intended to. I for one don't want to waste carfare (expensive and getting more expensive in NYC to ride bus and subway) to go to an agency and have them do nothing more than I could have stayed home on my computer and done for myself. If they are not helping people talk to government officials in position to do something and have them shut down. The unemployment rate is still high and people need jobs.They don't need to be given the run around by lazy disinterested workers who only care about meeting a quota and collecting a paycheck.

11 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: I just went to a recruitment event for Century 21, on 60 Madison ave. I did not understand what was the point of me going there if all the lady was gonna do was pass me a paper with her email adress and a link to the employer website, and if the place has Motible "Employers" supposedly hiring there, you can only do one, I still don't see why they don't have employers there? And if all they gonna is tell you apply online, what is the point of going, u can do that at home lol total BS

Exactly why I REFUSE TO WASTE MY DAMN TIME and money getting on train to go to a crappy agency of any kind and have them do no more for me than I can do at home from my own laptop.Many of these individuals are just trying to look busy like they are doing something more than collecting a paycheck. Not really helping anyone find anything.

11 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: Workforce 1 recycles low wage unskilled workers for jobs that last no more than 3-4 months. If you have any kind of degree and experience they won't place you.Recycling people into scheit jobs that have a turnover rate over and over again is what keeps the workforce staff working themselves! All they do is push paperwork and fill out the quota numbers to get gov't grants. That's all they have to do. They also give the employers $10,000 tax credit for 4 months. After the employer lays you off, they still get the credit. Do the research online. I did.It's there. Placing people for turnover jobs keeps everyone in business .And faking the placements also keeps everyone in business.

I believe that too..waste of govt money..

11 months ago

Job Seeker in Brooklyn, New York said: I went to the Workforce One here in Brooklyn yesterday. I am not a hard person to train at all. I have experience in administrative work but I wouldn't mind taking something beneath me if it means paying some bills. I went to one of their recruiting events . I was told that I would receive a call to set up the interview for TJ Maxx. Well, Today is Thursday. No phone call or even so much as an email.

I've been unemployed for God knows how long and I just want a f*cking chance to prove myself. Workforce One is a waste of government money.

PERIOD.

Try going to TJ Maxx directly to ask if they are hiring.You may have a better chance than going through an agency.I'm finding this to be very true of many agencies..including but not limited to Work Force 1 .Many of the so called available positions I have seen on many job sites.

11 months ago

NO work in Windsor Locks, Connecticut said: Well, here is a huge joke...I tried to work FOR this place. Each time I went for an advertised posistion, I was treated like a piece of yesterday's garbage. I don't know if it was my COLOR, but it may very well have been as I am not a minority (Well, I AM, but not according to AFF ACT.) Hartford only has 15 Percent Whites. Any ways...these women who were in charge should NOT have had a job no matter WHAT color they were. Maybe they have not heard but 750 thousand WHites gave their lives in the Civil War so that someday they would hold a position as such...and HALF of those families never found out what happened to their husbands, fathers, or brothers due to the bloody way they died. So, when they sit with their hatred, treating others with disgust and nastiness, they might want to understand the LARGER picture. I am trying to leave CT...it has turned into nothing but a prejudice state for Whites. My Mom in the 60's stood with MLK...guess she should have sat down and shut up because her efforts and everyone elses have gone unappreciated...Someday, if the earth does not implode first...there will come a time when people stop feeling sorry for something that DID NOT HAPPEN to them and come to the realization that they have wasted many lifetimes of hating when there was no need. For now, it doesnt turn me prejudice, but it makes me cry for all the people who worked so hard to bring about equality only to see that it has created a reverse situation instead of its intended person of an "American" community .

Slavery and discrimination did occur to black people..ancestors.. historical fact! No that does not give anyone black or any other color an excuse to mistreat someone else. This is not a white vs black thing , because many of the people who have complaints and issues about agencies like WORK FORCE 1 are black people/minorities, and our experience has been just as bad. There are many people just like you.

11 months ago

Joe Gagill in Ellenville, New York said: No, don't apply directly to employers. Go to the offices of your Workforce 1.

We have to keep them employed at their bloated salaries and great benefits.

If you go directly to employers then Workforce 1 will have to close their doors. And then these useless people will be unemployed like us.

Good..maybe then they will learn to have some compassion for others and get off their azz and do something..like earn their salary.

bkfinest in Brooklyn, New York

10 months ago

Missk in Brooklyn, New York said: Try going to TJ Maxx directly to ask if they are hiring .You may have a better chance than going through an agency.I'm finding this to be very true of many agencies..including but not limited to Work Force 1 .Many of the so called available positions I have seen on many job sites.

if your trying to get retail, just put open hours..they usually hire those people and some exp. right now all of them are hiring

omg!! in Woodhaven, New York

9 months ago

so funny (da comments) 2014^

R_Tirino@yahoo.com in New York, New York

8 months ago

I feel that like most public institutions in america In our recent corporate make overs or take overs public institutions which have been compromised . workforce one
which is part of workforce development act,workforce investment ect. they are tied to
corporate vendors in which they serve rather than the unemployed and tax payers in which they get funding.This is an issue of public policy m, philosophy and ethics.
what we see at work force we see in public education ,prisons ,health care, vesid and many others .This is a form of corruption and fraud because they are not really serving those in which the pretend to serve.

Sandy in Brooklyn, New York

8 months ago

WORKFORCE1 is a waste of time. They cater to those on the programs and leave qualified folks out. As far as the DIVERSITY & MULTICULTURAL buzz words, this means omission. I do not see any programs for monoglots. Many may say that America is good to them. It is and it leaves out the INITIAL MONOGLOT MINORITY GROUP,meaning my ancestors and me. I am bilingual now and even lived in Germany. No one in my family has ever been there or do they speak German. Workforce1 hasn't helped.INDEED hasn't produced any job in over 6 years. I am computer literated, post-grad,stated a small business. So,MONSTER,INDEED,SIMPLY HIRED, and a host of websites PAY PEOPLE TO SAY THAT THEY GOT JOBS,KNOW SOMEONE WHO NO ONE THAT I KNOW HAS EVER MET. SO LIES,LIES,LIES. NOPE ALL THESE SITES AND WORKFORCE ARE SCAMS THAT SPIN YOU ROUND AND ROUND. PULLEDE MY INFO FROM INDEED,LINKEDIN,USELESS AND TIME WASTERS.

rrush2buzy@hotmail.com in New York, New York

8 months ago

Doug in Bronx, New York said: I had my unfortunnate share of experiences with not only Workforce 1, but many other deceptive, empty-promised filled Government agencies that was put in place for the people. The Fortune Society, Hire Point, the mentioned, and those not mentioned Not-For -Profit organizations are nothing more than "Deption ARTIST ". These organizations not only waste our time believing help is available, but these same people that at times look like you and I use our data and census numbers for statistical purposes for nothing more than protecting and securing there own job security. Without us participating in these useless programs or applying pressure on these deceptive organizations that provide us with nothing more than dreams and lip service, they will be on the unemployment line seeking help just like us. We, "The People" must hold these organizations in our neighborhoods responsible for all that they allege to be about in our neighborhoods for. If they can't hold up there end, then get out the way.

you're absolutely right I started at work force 1 I would say 1995 and that's when the organization became acknowledged. It's now 2015 I've never found employment thru the organization and I believe no one will. I seriously believe our government waste so many funds on funding for this program that's not working. I really feel for those who swear they're going to find employment with them. I believe the signature is more important than anyone obtaining employment. And everyone you attend they all have the same pitch. It really sucks.

sunrasmoondog in New York, New York

7 months ago

I have been going to workforce 1 for one year after I lost my teaching job.
I have received little if any help. I use the computer room for one hour.
there are many others who use the computers.I feel that our tax money is being wasted. I have a masters in education and I am certified with over seven years experience. How much tax money does workforce get. Who are its vendors and contractors .How did they get their bids. who is accountable. Is this the best that
the richest city in the world can do. I wish someone would dig into this place

jessica guzman125 in Sunnyside, New York

7 months ago

no workforce is not helping at all billions of people come there obtain work and it was proved to be a hang out spot . The staff members there, are their to full up a seat and get paid to do absolutely nothing Every single day .They have the people come to work force and the companies that they have come there don't comply with what work force advertise online. When you get their the company is saying you don't qualify for the job because of what ever there reason is.Workforce staff members are very lazy and have too much time on their hands and like to cover up their dirty work with these companies I think workforce need to be investigated all workforces in ALL 5 boroughs includeing long island and staten Island as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raynard Peterson in New York, New York

5 months ago

Yeah, mida, mida. Always work !!

LJP in Woodside, New York

3 months ago

As an employer I have to agree. They are IMPOSSIBLE to contact via phone. They are incredibly rude when you have contact. The voice recordings are REALLY long and pointless and don't help and you must listen to it every time before you can talk to anyone. You have to be on hold FOREVER. It makes recruiting MUCH harder and much more miserable an experience. I will stick to running ads. Utter waste of time and tax payer dollars

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.