Is 50+too old for New Media?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Graphic Web Designer in Paramus, New Jersey

9 months ago

Is my friend too old to work in the field of new media? He is in his early 50s. He has years of experience in this field of new media design. However, he's been out of the game for a while. He might get an offer soon. But he is wondering if he's just too old to be in the field. What do you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

9 months ago

I don't think he is too old to work in the field. He has years experience and as long as he's kept up with the latest developments in his field he can do it. I think if someone is able to acclimate and interact effectively with people from diverse groups, it doesn't matter what age someone is in the workplace.

The question is, will employers hire someone over 50? This seems to be an issue with a number of people on here, including myself. A lot of older people are having a difficult time finding a job, even part time. ;0

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DMarie in MA in Attleboro, Massachusetts

9 months ago

catfish503 in portland, Oregon said: The question is, will employers hire someone over 50? This seems to be an issue with a number of people on here, including myself. A lot of older people are having a difficult time finding a job, even part time. ;0

Raises hand here...at 45, after two years of searching I had to accept that I was "too old" for design. Many job descriptions state they want someone "fresh." I wouldn't recommend this field to anyone including kids entering college...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Graphic Web Designer in Paramus, New Jersey

9 months ago

Sigh so what does he do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.