NY options for those that lost their health insurance - Cobra - Healthy NY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Direct Insurance Agents in New York, New York

79 months ago

Due to the recent passing of the Federal American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA), several changes have been made to COBRA Benefits.
An “assistance eligible individual” will only be required to pay 35% of his or her COBRA premium. The remaining 65% of the COBRA premium will be reimbursed by means of a payroll tax credit to the employer (in the case of a self-funded plan), the plan (in the case of a multiemployer plan), or the insurer (in the case of an insured plan).
The subsidy applies if the individual is eligible for COBRA benefit between September 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009 due to a covered employee’s involuntary termination of employment. The subsidy applies to spouses and dependents that are eligible for COBRA coverage as well.
Income guidelines apply.
The following websites have updated information about this:
US Department of Laborwww.dol.gov
White House – www.whitehouse.gov
NY State Department of Insurancewww.ins.state.ny.us

If you don’t qualify the most affordable option would be Healthy NY.
It is possible to cut expenditures in this severe economy. I’m happy to help you to take a decision regarding your health insurance choices.

Write me off board to cobra@directinsuranceagents.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MR in Tarrytown, New York

77 months ago

If you live in NY state there is a new website that you can use.www.EnrollNY.org You can screen anonomously and see if you or your children qualify for publicly funded health insurance. You can even start your application online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.