Trying to relaunch my career

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Patricia Romero in New York

25 months ago

Hi all!

I am a bilingual media professinal and I like to consider myself very versatile because, due to my life circumstances, I have worked in very different fields, always succesfully.
The most relevant role I ever held was as International Copy/Content Manager for Nickelodeon Creative Resources in New York. I am fully English-Spanish bilingual. I quit my job when I became a mom and subsequently divorced and moved back to my country of origin. This was at the very beginning of the worldwide economic crisis and I was able to secure a job downsizing my expectations and clearly renouncing to my career as I had to sustain myself and my daughter. Therefore, I have been managing the office of the Australian Defence Attache at the Australian Embassy in Madrid for the last 4 years.
Now, for legal reasons, I have to return to New York and I am trying to retrace my career and go back to the entertainment/advertising/media business. But I am a little bit lost, I feel kind of rusty and I clearly do not have a very high esteem, mainly because the horrible job market in Spain makes all workers feel really worthless. I also do not know where to start or what kidn I job I can aspire/apply to. I have done plenty of networking from Madrid, where I am curently located but I also have the feeling that, unless I take the leap and move, I am not going to get the offer I am waiting for.
I would really like to receive some sound advice on how to approach this whole situation. Where should I go? What should I do? How can I get some perspective and decide about my future? If you can provide some advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

All the best,

Patricia Romero

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Need a job in New York, New York

2 months ago

The job market here is just as bad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.