I was asked for my social security number and last paystub from my previous job the day after my interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Aleks89 in Elmhurst, New York

17 months ago

Had an interview with Dept of Design & Construction (DDC) for an engineering position which went well. The very next morning they emailed me and asked for my social security number and last paystub from my previous job. A fellow classmate from college informed me it took him almost 3 months to get hired at DEP after he received his job offer. He doesnt recall how long after the interview he got his offer for employment. Did I get the job? It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I sent them the information that they asked for but I have not heard back yet. I dont mind waiting to actually start if I know I got the job, but the anticipation is killing me. Any thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Aleks89 in Elmhurst, New York

17 months ago

Also when I called the woman who emailed me to give my SS# by phone, I slipped in a "so does this mean I got the job?". All she was able to tell me was that she didnt know and she was just gathering my information to send to HR and that they'll be the ones to review, decide, and contact me if I am hired.

endlesspatience in New york, New York

7 months ago

Aleks89 in Elmhurst, New York said: Also when I called the woman who emailed me to give my SS# by phone, I slipped in a "so does this mean I got the job?". All she was able to tell me was that she didnt know and she was just gathering my information to send to HR and that they'll be the ones to review, decide, and contact me if I am hired.

HEY sorry to dig up this old thread but I was wondering what happened to your situation. I am kind of going through the nyc govt hiring process and wanted to know how the process went for you. How long did it take you to get an answer from them and what was your process after you got an offer?
thank you~~ this wait seems forever!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.