A fresh Start in New York City.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

PintGlass01 in Seaford, United Kingdom

25 months ago

I'm an English man. Currently looking for a fresh start, I've recently come back from travelling Australia and still hate living and working in my home town as much as I did before. I would love to move to America for a year, possibly longer and live in New York City, to experience city life and get away from the boredom of my home life. I'm not looking for an amazing job or anything like that, just a low level office job or something like that as I have no qualifications apart from my high school results and an A-Level in Graphic Design. My question is how would I go about looking for this type of work in New York City, are there specific places I can look into? Company's that hire with over the phone interviews maybe? I wouldn't really want to risk moving there before I have a job lined up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love New York City and couldn't think of a better way or place to spend the next year of my life.

Kind regards. Ross.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SerenityNow in Aliso Viejo, California

25 months ago

I hate to tell you this, but I think you are going to be up against a very tough task here. Without very specific experience, I think it would be next to impossible to get a job in NYC with a company that would sponsor a work visa.

The only thing I could think of would maybe to find a tour company that caters to British tourists and likes to hire Brits?

City Year also came to mind, but I believe your visa status would be an issue.

cityyear.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SerenityNow in Aliso Viejo, California

25 months ago

One more thing... it's not NYC, but Disney hires folks from around the world for 12 month stints to work in the Florida parks. Google Disney International Program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.