job search

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

rica in Brooklyn, New York

68 months ago

help me find a job. I'm a foreign licensed & registered pharmacist. I am allowed to work here in U.S I am waiting for approval to take the licensing exam here in New York. I'm a Certified Pharmacy Technician. Everytime i apply for work they always ask if i have a U.S experience. I answered not yet. I've got a lot of differrent job experience fr my country. I've been in retail drugstore, manufacturing, teacher, distribution of medical, hospital equipments, government biddings. I am willing to be trained anytime. How can i have an experience nobody wants to try to hire me. Please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

greenfields in San Lorenzo, California

68 months ago

Rica,
We have the same problem. I find it very difficult to find a job since I do not have US experience inspite of my extensive experience as a community pharmacist in my home country. I'm PTCB and CA Board of Pharmacy certified. I guess companies are no longer interested to train new employees as it will mean an additional expense to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ms -pills in New York, New York

67 months ago

I'd call Duane Reade's recruiteer. Unless you are giving poor interviews, I see no reason why you should not be hired. Most people come with NO experience or CPHT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joann in Rosedale, New York

67 months ago

rica in Brooklyn, New York said: help me find a job. I'm a foreign licensed & registered pharmacist. I am allowed to work here in U.S I am waiting for approval to take the licensing exam here in New York. I'm a Certified Pharmacy Technician. Everytime i apply for work they always ask if i have a U.S experience. I answered not yet. I've got a lot of differrent job experience fr my country. I've been in retail drugstore, manufacturing, teacher, distribution of medical, hospital equipments, government biddings. I am willing to be trained anytime. How can i have an experience nobody wants to try to hire me. Please help.

I would like to know how can I be able to work with your company.

findapharmacistposition in Orlando, Florida

67 months ago

Keep trying, go into as many plaes as you can, there are always pharmacies looking for techs , your experience is a big plus. Take in a resume that details your experience. You should not have a problem in your town, hit the streets!! Good luck

Son in San Jose, California

67 months ago

rica in Brooklyn, New York said: help me find a job. I'm a foreign licensed & registered pharmacist. I am allowed to work here in U.S I am waiting for approval to take the licensing exam here in New York. I'm a Certified Pharmacy Technician. Everytime i apply for work they always ask if i have a U.S experience. I answered not yet. I've got a lot of differrent job experience fr my country. I've been in retail drugstore, manufacturing, teacher, distribution of medical, hospital equipments, government biddings. I am willing to be trained anytime. How can i have an experience nobody wants to try to hire me. Please help.

I can hook up you!!!!

rezky in Jakarta, Indonesia

65 months ago

i want a job in USA ,,,maybe i'm not a smart one but i have a passion to succeed....i need to build my life ,,,any job i'll take it,,as long is not a illegal one,,,please everybody who has a job for me,,,

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.