having a felon

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

christina in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

58 months ago

my problem is when I was a kid I was charded with second degree murder and was given a life sentence, however; this sentence was overturned and reduced, I was let out of prison my crime is over 20 years old, while I was incarcerated, I received my GED, I went to Rose State College televised courses, for Business Mgmt, I went to Vo-tech, and received a diploma for computers, typing, 10-key, data entry, I had several different jobs, working with computers, billing customers, microfilming documents, just because I was incarcerated does not mean that I can't get a job done, I need a job and its like noone wants to give me a chance, how would someone else fill in my shoes? This is exactly why you have repeated offenders, because noone wants to look at the big overall picture, I have skills, I love to work, and I need to make it in society so I can be a law abiding citizen, but why is people so simple minded to the fact? I don't care if I have to clean a house, bust some suds I do not mind, I just want someone to give me a chance, and let me prove myself, is there anyone out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chantalle in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

48 months ago

im having the same problem and dont really know what to do. i have 3 felonys and have put in at least 100 applications and still cant get a job and dont really know where to go to look. ifs very frustrating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dariusrussell16@yahoo.com in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

38 months ago

Hello I got charged with robbery by sudden snatch in Georgia in 2001.I did my time and have not had any other felonies on my record since 2001. I went back to prison on a technicality"FAILURE TO PAY FINES AND FEES" on Feb the 5Th 2009.I paroled out to OKC,OK.I was released on Feb 16Th 20011 since then I have been looking diligently since my release. What I do not understand is I payed my debt to society and I am still being looked at as a criminal this happened 11 years ago.Now mind you I have not been in any trouble since 2004 when I was released from prison in Georgia but I cannot find any gainful employment it is like the system wants me to fail and go back to prison cause it is THE NEW CASH CROP and it is making billions of dollars off of poor people because this transcends race color and creed. But whats the major factor in this MONEY RICH vs POOR or those who can pay to have the crime looked over and not get punished for it.I WILL NOT GO BACK TO PRISON OR JAIL that is what the system and AMERICA is telling me. I might as well kill myself cause the system and AMERICA will not give me a fighting chance to try and live like an American and not like some lost soul with no remorse for committing crimes and no compassion for fellow man it IT IS NOT FAIR to those of us who made the mistake of committing the crime.IF YOU ARE A FIRST TIME FELON WHO IS TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING AS RESPONSIBLE ADULTS SHOULD THEN YOU ARE IN MY BOAT.AMERICA WANTS US TO FAIL BY GOING BACK TO TO THE THING OR THINGS THAT PUT US IN PRISON.They will not give us a second chance but GET RIGHT WITH GOD REPENT YOUR SINS AND BEG FOR FORGIVNESS AND DO NOT DO THOSE THINGS ANY MORE KEEP TRYING TO LIVE RIGHT. THEY CAN DENY US ON EARTH BUT THEY WILL GET DENIED HEAVEN MAKE NO EXCUSES ABOUT.But I will not lose hope in humans as they have lost hope in me condemend me and labled me as a criminal not fit to live in such a excellent society as america. ENGLAND SENT THE CRIMINALS HER TO ROT LOOK AT US NOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dariusrussell16@yahoo.com in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

38 months ago

IT IS NOT ABOUT PUTTING IN APPS IT IS ABOUT THE WAY WE GET TREATED,THE WAY WE GET LOOKED OVER.I HAVE BEEN TO 4 STATES PUTTING IN APPS AND RESUMES WHAT ABOUT YOU ARE YOU DEDDICATED TO DOING RIGHT OR ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE LAY DOWN AND TAKE IT KIND OF PEOPLE JOE BOB? AND NO I AM NOT CRYING ABOUT ANYTHING.HAVE YOU GOT A JOB IF NOT THEN SHUT UP AND KEEP LOOKING THATS WHAT I DO EVERY DAY EVERY WEEK CAUSE I REFUSE TO BE A A 2 TIME LOSER.... LOSER!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

JoJo in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

OKCY jobs are far and between. If you can, you need to check the Dallas, TX area, which is not as bad as other areas and is a more progressive society. You need help, and help is out there. Do not give up, but rather look at agencies that specialize in job training and placement for ex cons and people who have trouble finding work because of their past.

Do not listen to those who belittle you, as they are not in your shoes. Do not give up, and stay away from the type of people you used to hang out with because they will pull you down. Do not give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JoJo in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

Joe Bob, you are good at baiting, but isn't there somewhere else to troll at? This is not a very active discussion board. You can put your talents to the test in better ways.

Have good day, gog bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

33 months ago

I have been out of prison 11 years,and still oklahoma wont put me to work the ****&&$)))((((!!!!!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.