oil & gas jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Vicci in Beggs, Oklahoma

80 months ago

David's class was the first one that a friend and I took. We thought with a good grade and class participation you would get a job. This did not happen. We paid to go to another school. Look up Energy Force. It is a great school. I learned so much more. They have a work program. Their web site will give you allot of information. I am leaving town tomorrow for the weekend. Mon going to the City to review our test that we took in Tx. It is not an open book test. It is 250 questions and you get 4 hours to take it. If you want to visit or want more information I will be happy to talk to you after I get back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia DeBrito

80 months ago

Yes I would really like to talk to you more.Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vicci in Beggs, Oklahoma

80 months ago

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Very Busy. Did you go the the energyforce.biz website? If not please do. I think it will answer your questions. Their next school is the first week of Dec. Then there will not be another class until after the 1st of the year. You have the option of the work progam. You pay to be a part of the work program and then you start at a lower date rate then if you can get hired outright. It is for 16 weeks. Our class information is almost ready to go out to the brokers. With the work being down I do not know what the outcome will be. There are no promises you will be placed and you do have to be willing to travel where the client wants you to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steven Benton in Forest, Mississippi

80 months ago

Vicci in Beggs, Oklahoma said: Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Very Busy. Did you go the the energyforce.biz website? If not please do. I think it will answer your questions. Their next school is the first week of Dec. Then there will not be another class until after the 1st of the year. You have the option of the work progam. You pay to be a part of the work program and then you start at a lower date rate then if you can get hired outright. It is for 16 weeks. Our class information is almost ready to go out to the brokers. With the work being down I do not know what the outcome will be. There are no promises you will be placed and you do have to be willing to travel where the client wants you to go.[/QUOT

I graduated highschool this past May and have been trying unsuccessfully to get a job in the oil and gas industry. I do not have any previous experience and am wondering how do you get a company to hire you with no previous experience. I am trying to get a life of my own started and need a good paying job to do that. Any help any one could provide will be greatly appriciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vicci in Beggs, Oklahoma

80 months ago

I do not know anything about the state Of Mississippi. You did not say what type of job you are looking for. My first suggestion is to get your BS in Land Management, Geology or the field you are looking for. OU has a great program. Go to the AAPL web site and look around. Also use google. Energy jobs network has jobs listed and qualifications. Look at some of the ads for what field you want to get into and see what they are looking for. Your best source is someone that you know in the field to help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steven Benton in Forest, Mississippi

80 months ago

Vicci in Beggs, Oklahoma said: I do not know anything about the state Of Mississippi. You did not say what type of job you are looking for. My first suggestion is to get your BS in Land Management, Geology or the field you are looking for. OU has a great program. Go to the AAPL web site and look around. Also use google. Energy jobs network has jobs listed and qualifications. Look at some of the ads for what field you want to get into and see what they are looking for. Your best source is someone that you know in the field to help you.

I was kinda looking for something that i could start at the bottom and work my way up something like a roustabout or a deckhand on rig. I am trying to get a decent paying job with out having to go to school. Thanks for your help and any more info will be appriciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bb

51 months ago

I am currently an energy management student at the University of Oklahoma. One thing you all must know is that finding employment in this industry without any experience or even a degree in Land Management is as common as winning the lottery. Despite the many connections I have, the AAPL membership, career fairs, being an active member in EMSA at OU (Energy Management Student Association), and even having the good grades, Internships are even difficult to find. For you who think you can walk the high school stage and walk right into a job in this field, think again. Yes, you will indeed start at the bottom and work to the top. However, without any knowledge or experience, the starting position will be cleaning toilets, and the highest position will be answering phones. This is to assume that you aren't related to someone in the industry who can help you obtain a beginning position. So basically- get a degree and then start handing out the resumes. Join AAPL and any other programs which may relate closely to this job you seek. You could also get your finance degree and join the finance aspect of this business unless you already have financing skills and previous work in that area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bb

51 months ago

Steven Benton in Forest, Mississippi said: I was kinda looking for something that i could start at the bottom and work my way up something like a roustabout or a deckhand on rig. I am trying to get a decent paying job with out having to go to school. Thanks for your help and any more info will be appriciated.

I am currently an energy management student at the University of Oklahoma. One thing you all must know is that finding employment in this industry without any experience or even a degree in Land Management is as common as winning the lottery. Despite the many connections I have, the AAPL membership, career fairs, being an active member in EMSA at OU (Energy Management Student Association), and even having the good grades, Internships are even difficult to find. For you who think you can walk the high school stage and walk right into a job in this field, think again. Yes, you will indeed start at the bottom and work to the top. However, without any knowledge or experience, the starting position will be cleaning toilets, and the highest position will be answering phones. This is to assume that you aren't related to someone in the industry who can help you obtain a beginning position. So basically- get a degree and then start handing out the resumes. Join AAPL and any other programs which may relate closely to this job you seek. You could also get your finance degree and join the finance aspect of this business unless you already have financing skills and previous work in that area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jwsimms@htswireless.com in Clinton, Oklahoma

42 months ago

Bb said: I am currently an energy management student at the University of Oklahoma. One thing you all must know is that finding employment in this industry without any experience or even a degree in Land Management is as common as winning the lottery. Despite the many connections I have, the AAPL membership, career fairs, being an active member in EMSA at OU (Energy Management Student Association), and even having the good grades, Internships are even difficult to find. For you who think you can walk the high school stage and walk right into a job in this field, think again. Yes, you will indeed start at the bottom and work to the top. However, without any knowledge or experience, the starting position will be cleaning toilets, and the highest position will be answering phones. This is to assume that you aren't related to someone in the industry who can help you obtain a beginning position. So basically- get a degree and then start handing out the resumes. Join AAPL and any other programs which may relate closely to this job you seek. You could also get your finance degree and join the finance aspect of this business unless you already have financing skills and previous work in that area.

TO BS,I find ur reply amoseing,I will agree that its a hard bussiness to break in it is very possible,20 yrs ago no degrees were needed,a highschool diploma wasnt needed,lets admit it being a landman is not rocket science,its detail oriented and boring,to those of you being told to get a degree I say get it in another field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jwsimms@htswireless.com in Clinton, Oklahoma

42 months ago

Bb said: I am currently an energy management student at the University of Oklahoma. One thing you all must know is that finding employment in this industry without any experience or even a degree in Land Management is as common as winning the lottery. Despite the many connections I have, the AAPL membership, career fairs, being an active member in EMSA at OU (Energy Management Student Association), and even having the good grades, Internships are even difficult to find. For you who think you can walk the high school stage and walk right into a job in this field, think again. Yes, you will indeed start at the bottom and work to the top. However, without any knowledge or experience, the starting position will be cleaning toilets, and the highest position will be answering phones. This is to assume that you aren't related to someone in the industry who can help you obtain a beginning position. So basically- get a degree and then start handing out the resumes. Join AAPL and any other programs which may relate closely to this job you seek. You could also get your finance degree and join the finance aspect of this business unless you already have financing skills and previous work in that area.

TO BS,I find ur reply amuseing,I will agree that its a hard bussiness to break in it is very possible,20 yrs ago no degrees were needed,a highschool diploma wasnt needed,lets admit it being a landman is not rocket science,its detail oriented and boring,to those of you being told to get a degree I say get it in another field.

Modo1974 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

41 months ago

jwsimms@htswireless.com in Clinton, Oklahoma said: TO BS,I find ur reply amuseing,I will agree that its a hard bussiness to break in it is very possible,20 yrs ago no degrees were needed,a highschool diploma wasnt needed,lets admit it being a landman is not rocket science,its detail oriented and boring,to those of you being told to get a degree I say get it in another field.

Actually, I am a *graduate* of the Energy Force class. I will vouch for the fact that James Long has a great program set up to start you off. I was placed as an Independent Land Man (means you need to keep up with your own taxes)with a broker. I did that for a little while earning between $150 - $250 day rate while at the brokerage. I have since taken that knowledge and moved on to working for a gas marketing company...and finally settled into a high paying Division Order Analyst position with a well known company. This is all in a matter of 4 years. I have a GED. Yes, school will probably make me more money. But this industry has IMO a catch 22 mentality. A lot of companies say 4 year college or experience. So far in my dealings in getting hired, the companies look at my experience over the GED. So unless you are working towards Engineering or Accounting...I would say invest the 700-800 in Energy Force's course...try to get placed, and take that experience on to a bigger companies like Devon, Chesapeake and such.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

scosme777@gmail.com in Wichita, Kansas

40 months ago

Patricia DeBrito in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Hi my husband and I are trying to start a new career in the oil and gas industry. We have taken a landman course and now trying to get employment. Most of the landman jobs ask for experience or degree. How do we break into the industry at a trainee level? Contact me at rtdtbdebrito5@aol.com if you have any information,please. We are looking for employment as soon as possible.

Don't know if you found a job yet, but I know that it can be somewhat difficult to land a job with no experience. I was lucky and just walked right into the door of a brokerage a few months back and showed them the material I learned in class. With the textbook and my new terminology, along with the help of the instructors recommendation, I was able to get hired on.
I don't know where you went to school, but the class I took handed out a brokers list with contact information. If you are interested in contacting them for help, which I think they will do even if you don't sign up - don't quote me on that - you can check out their website at www.basictitle.net

scosme777@gmail.com in Wichita, Kansas

40 months ago

Vicci in Beggs, Oklahoma said: I am wondering which school you attended. I have also attended a school in Oklahoma City and one in Tx. I have also been trying to get into the business with no luck. This last school has a work program associated with it. I understand the best way is to know someone.

Check out www.basictitle.net. They have a brokers list with contact info that they hand out to all their students. Getting a job can be hard a first, but with connections it makes it a lot easier!

Cesar in Mesa, Arizona

38 months ago

I'm in Human Resources with 10+ years experience, M.B.A., SPHR, and want a job in Oil & Gas Industry; every time that i apply for an opportunity, i receive the same response: the requirement of the position needs Oil and Gas experience. What am I need to do for a chance in this Industry.

Sparky in Los Angeles, California

30 months ago

Patricia DeBrito in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Hi my husband and I are trying to start a new career in the oil and gas industry. We have taken a landman course and now trying to get employment. Most of the landman jobs ask for experience or degree. How do we break into the industry at a trainee level? Contact me at rtdtbdebrito5@aol.com if you have any information,please. We are looking for employment as soon as possible.

Stay away from TK Stanley they are a terrible company to work for. I worked for them in ND and they are unsafe and don't follow State or gov. rules and regulations.I know several people that quit because of there work ethics so do your homework before taking a job with them and spread the word. They have several law suits against them for unsafe practices and procedures.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.