Job search in Omaha?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Omaha?

Reply - Report abuse

john in Omaha, Nebraska

79 months ago

Been in Ne. since Oct. been looking for work . Can't seem to find a job in my feild. Automotive Lube tech. Manager Car wash Manager. Life savings is about to be gone need work asap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sakahachi in Bellevue, Nebraska

65 months ago

destina in Omaha, Nebraska said: Luck be with you... been here for three years and still no job.Omaha is not been a good place to get work.To many local grads.Even applied to clean toilets but was not qualified go figure.

I agree, unemployed for 8 months. Every position I apply for I get no response, or they have chosen another. And, no interview even offered.
I have been in the fraud/security business for over 16 years. You would think I would be qualified for something? I am not a security guard, but in management!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

josh in Sacramento, California

64 months ago

guys!!!! look. omaha sucks really bad. lived there for 4 years b4 i moved back to california. even with all of californias problems, which are huge,i wouldnt move back over there. theres no work, people are snobs, really dont no why, and there really is nothing to do unless you work for a fortune 500 company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Real Tech in Willis, Texas

64 months ago

They say Nebraska has the lowest unemployment in the country. 4.4% looks good on paper but I guess those numbers really mean nothing. It appears the whole country sucks. Hurry up mutt

non breader in Omaha, Nebraska

64 months ago

Omaha is living in a fantasy world.They like to candy coat all their low employment and cost of living.When all they are really doing in raping us with properity tax and un-employment.In Califorina they have prop. 13 they never rease your taxes they stay the same as the day you bought it.And another thing these Omahaians can't drive worth a darn have almost been killed several times.Feel much safer driving in California.at least in Cali. everyone aint B.S. "n" on the cell phone instead of paying attention to the road!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Not from here in Omaha, Nebraska

63 months ago

I agree with most of the comments that Omaha is not a very easy place to get a job. Also, once you get a job, there always seems to be someone there making things difficult for you. I have lived here for about 15 years and because of the bad economy everywhere my family and I are unable to leave at this time. To sum it up, I find Omaha to be a very difficult and unfriendly place to live!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sakahachi in Papillion, Nebraska

63 months ago

still a looking and been out of work approx 10 months now!!!
any viable offers??

jackson5977 yahoo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Woodbridge, Virginia

63 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Omaha?

I can post your resume on top job boards including local ones. Visit my site Postingassistant.com for more details!

Angie in Omaha, Nebraska

57 months ago

If you live in Omaha and love to work with people, send me your resume. Farm Bureau is looking for some good people, who are outgoing, have good communication skills and love to help others. You may also contact me for more information. thanks! angie.burnison@gmail.com

pimpin in Omaha, Nebraska

53 months ago

sakahachi in Papillion, Nebraska said: still a looking and been out of work approx 10 months now!!!
any viable offers??

jackson5977 yahoo

try INDEED.COM OR CAREERLINK.COM

pimpin in Omaha, Nebraska

53 months ago

we all need jobs in are life am going to school and looking for work to

Really? in Omaha, Nebraska

52 months ago

All you people whining about Omaha should probably go ahead and leave... finding a job here is easy... keeping a job is more difficult--especially if you're unprofessional and won't show up and do what you're told. In reality, you'll have a hard time finding and keeping a job anywhere

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Dear Really? Your response is exactly what makes this city difficult. This forum was very encouraging to me because I felt like I wasn't alone. It is very difficult to get a job right here right now, especially if you are an experienced professional. I know of several professional people who are out of work and struggling right now. No one is "whining" as you stated, they are just expressing their opinions. Most of us need compassion not criticism.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Really or Reality? in Evergreen, Colorado

52 months ago

I lived in Omaha 95-05, college educated, tax paying homeowner, young professional. I spent most of 05 looking for a job, before the economy even went south, and never did find one, at least one that would pay a mortgage. Out of frustration I applied for 1 job in Denver and got it. I now live in Denver and am still working at the same job. So "really" what do you do that's so easy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

qhiomaha@cox.net in Bellevue, Nebraska

49 months ago

sakahachi in Papillion, Nebraska said: still a looking and been out of work approx 10 months now!!!
any viable offers??

jackson5977 yahoo

what kind of work are you lookin for

smith in Brooklet, Georgia

49 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Omaha?

can u travel for a year? go to fluor.com and get amazing pay....................amazing...check it out, but have jam up resume ready and check and apply daily....

Hiring in Omaha, Nebraska

46 months ago

Helget Gas Products is hiring. Submit your resume and fill out the online application for customer service, billing and manager positions at helgetgas com.

Cara in Omaha in Bennington, Nebraska

32 months ago

Have to agree with most people on here, Omaha still sucks for jobs. I have been here a year now and no job! Everyone is snotty, drivers are out of control everywhere here. Unless you are a UNO or a Creighton grad and a new grad you can forget getting a decent job. The cost of living here is ridiculous unless you enjoy 'ghetto' living. Fortunately I've figured out the media hype was all more of the liberal lie because Nebraska wants to collect more taxes!!! Luckily I will be moving out of here in the next two months and hopefully be able to find a job at our next destination.

31 months ago

Cara, I have been unemployed for over a year, also. I think it is even getting worse at this point. I was sorry to hear how hard it has been for you, too. I hope things improve for you once you are settled in your new home...out of Nebraska!! Best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cara in Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska

31 months ago

To: Not from here in Omaha, Nebraska

I was so glad I came across this, from you specifically. I thought I was only one experiencing these issues. I did have a job when I first got here about two years ago, but as you had mentioned in a previous post, I was harassed and completely mistreated on that job--my manager did everything possible to make things difficult for me. It wasn't because I wasn't doing what I was told as someone else mentioned. Abusing an employee and continually harassing them is not acceptable, ever. Then I lost that job because I injured my hand while working out one night...quick background, I am an accounting and finance professional with 15 years of experience, and earned an MBA from Univ. of Colorado.....anyway, after getting injured, the harassment got worse. So bad that I had to go to the DCSO to file a harassment protection order after the company laid me off because of the injury. Not sure where "really" gets the idea that this would be appropriate. Anyway, have now been looking for over a year.....not sure what my husband and I are going to do besides leave Omaha......Kansas City is looking better and better (cheapest place we can find to relocate to that MIGHT have jobs for both of us at this point).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cara formerly in Omaha now living in Clearfield, Utah

26 months ago

Yes I said it before and I will say it again: Omaha sucks for jobs! So thankful I was able to leave 5 months ago and relocate to Utah! I applied for one job in Accounting and Finance, was interviewed and hired immediately and it looks like this jobs is going to bring a HUGE promotion! Additionally because of this ONE job I am now doing independent consulting for small businesses on the side. Omaha really was the WORST experience of my life and career. Good luck to all who are still searching, but I would recommend looking elsewhere if you can!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jstharris90@gmail.com

2 months ago

john in Omaha, Nebraska said: Been in Ne. since Oct. been looking for work . Can't seem to find a job in my feild. Automotive Lube tech. Manager Car wash Manager. Life savings is about to be gone need work asap

My name is joseph harris and I'd be interested in working this job please email me back

Engineer's not needed in Omaha, Nebraska

2 months ago

I have lived in Omaha for 26 yrs. I have a BS degree in engineering and AS in CAD and still can't find a good job in Omaha. Omaha has no demand for engineers, Lincoln is a little better. I am now looking at Kansas City and Minneapolis for work.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.