Best companies to work for in Palo Alto?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Palo Alto? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan Jaffin in Greenville, North Carolina

101 months ago

I would submit that Hewlett Packard is deinitely not one of the best companies to work for in Palo Alto. They have a false sense of caring for people and customer service. I am disabled and they didn't care that I had to life a 70 lb laserjet printer to be shipped back to them because a person at HP told me it would be supported by Vista. Mr. Mark Hurd really doesn't care about my problem because he wouldn't give me the courtesy of a call, email, or even a letter. Mr. Hurd needs to understand that without customers there IS no company. So I eould say that HP would not be a good company to work for, unless you enjoy making disabled people risk injuries trying to do business with you. If it's disabled people you wish to help, Mr. Hurd's company cannot be considered a good place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

infosourcer in Bellingham, Washington

6 months ago

Cloudera. A little backgrounder: Cloudera is leading the industry in Big Data. Our chief architect, Doug Cutting, partnered with Google to create Hadoop. Cloudera was the 1st to commercialize it. With over a billion in funding and a strategic partnership with Intel, Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for Big Data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop™.

At Cloudera, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day. Our senior management team meets regularly with the whole company to discuss strategy, successes and challenges.

Want to join a world-class highly technical global team with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, knowledge sharing and customer focused soft skills? Let's chat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.