Job search in Pensacola?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 69 of 69)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

GenaChavis in Gulf Breeze, Florida

55 months ago

Do you have a Realtor for your land/home???? If not, I'll help you get it sold!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Pensacola, Florida

53 months ago

Brian Goad in Denver, Colorado said: Good Afternoon,

I'm retiring from the Air Force. I have spent my 20 years in the Intelligence field and all of it is in either Signals Analysis or training to do Signals Analysis.

Brian

Lockheed Martin has Intelligence Analysts jobs posted, regularly. Not sure if this fits your area of "Intelligence field".

pescarr

53 months ago

I have a nice house for sale in a Nice section of town, EASTHILL, you can buy that then I can leave, even has a guest cottage

bbybl3000 in London, United Kingdom

51 months ago

My husband and I are moving to Pensacola in October. We are both on the hunt for jobs at the moment. Darren is a head chef at a lovely London resturant and I am currently working as a part time carer but I am months away from finishing my bachelors degree in business management.

hunter in Garland, Texas

50 months ago

how much for your house pescarr?

i may have to move to pensacola soon.

Phil Cherry

48 months ago

Phil Cherry

I am currently living in Miami Fl,and looking to move to Pensacola. I have been a Construction Manger/Project Superintendent for over 25 years, working with Contractors, Developers, Real Estate investors, and the private sector. I also have the back ground of masonary building inspector. I am accustomed to working closely with Architects, Engineers, Building and Zoning, along with interfacing between joint venture partners and major subcontractors. Well versed in areas of organization, time management, and scheduling of all types of construction including rehab investments, with proven abilities in design, remodeling, and renovations. I like many of the people on this site, am looking to relocate to hopefully a better location, where people speak english and opportunities exist for Americans. In the last 20 years Miami has transformed into a hispanic community, if you don't speak spanish you can not find work here, especially in the construction industry. I would appreciate any help or assistance in helping me in this new venture.

highseastravler in Pensacola, Florida

45 months ago

i came here 4 monthe before ivan hit and having a lot of experence in electricial/electronic trades i thought i would have little problems finding work here
after trying to stay in the area the highest work i could get in the union was about 11 hr about the same without the union
the only money i ever really made was cross coutry truck driving
and my opinion reflects others is that if youre not riding a check
"retirement" "ssi" aka (crazy check) "trust fund"
youre not gonna make it here
theres to many people out here with checks willing to work for pennies so they can buy a extra big screen tv
making it impossible for "joe the worker" to find good paying steady work to pay his utility bills and mortage to make it here
i always wondered why there was so many pawn shops here
now i know
they are here like buzzards feeding on the ever present dying hopes and dreams that unsuspecting people buing here thinking that this is a normal town
venis fly trap ? ill second that anology

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pescarr

45 months ago

pescarr said: I have a nice house for sale in a Nice section of town, EASTHILL, you can buy that then I can leave, even has a guest cottage

I am sorry have not checked this board in a long time, I have decided to stay and try to find a job, I actually did but it was dead end, because of the economy, hope Ashton Haward will win the mayors race and start trying to brake up the good ole boys

Phil Cherry

45 months ago

Sounds like jobs are still hard to find in Pensacola, I'm still looking via computer, and still living in Miami.

JSam in Canton, Ohio

42 months ago

Phil Cherry said: Sounds like jobs are still hard to find in Pensacola, I'm still looking via computer, and still living in Miami.

I am hoping to move to the Pensacola area after the new year. Also looking for job via computer. Have many years of experience in Human Resources. If anyone knows of any job opportunities in that field, I'd love to hear from you.

EB in Euclid, Ohio

42 months ago

Check out Columbia Southern University. They are looking for an HR person. It appears to be a generalist role. I don't know if you were looking for something at that level or a managerial level role. They are located in Orange Beach, AL which is less than 20 miles from Pensacola. I spoke with them earlier this summer regarding an IT role, but we were not able to move forward on that specific position. From what I recall they were undergoing tremendous growth. The HR person I spoke with was very pleasant and had great follow-up. I've been looking to relocate to the Pensacola area myself. I'm not originally from there, but my wife is and would love to go back, but as I'm sure you know jobs in that area are scarce.

JSam in Canton, Ohio

42 months ago

Thanks for the comment and information. I did apply for that position on Monday and am hoping to hear something soon

pescarr

42 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Pensacola?

If Ashton Hayward doesn't win tuesdays election the good ole boys will remain in power. Mike Wiggins in a debate on WSRE said "he was going to add 3000 jobs in the next 5 years, thats 600 a year, that is .0024% for a area of 250,000 with 10% plus unemployment, that is nothing we need to add that many jobs every month. If you need a job and are an outsider like me, forget it, I can't find any work that is a living wage! btw I used to own my own sucessful business and also worked for several corporations in executive positions

alan headrick in Pace, Florida

41 months ago

When I was home a couple years ago, I found a job in FWB through Aerotek.

I found that you must have connections to find anything worth while. My wife and boys all found jobs through friends. If no connections you must come into thier office in person and unemployed to have a chance. Searching on the internet will not get you any where.

I'm stuck working in Afghanistan trying to find something so I can come home. Which I know I will have to do what I wrote above.

Marci Wallace in Douglasville, Georgia

38 months ago

Danny Strong in Beattyville, Kentucky said: Construction Management, Interior Design, and Historic preservation are intersts of mine. But sales, attracting investors and financing arrangement are my skills that usually pay me the most. I have a marketing degree and my wife has a masters in veterinary science (research)
I can always buy houses to flip. I have it down to an art and developed a style and niche that sells. The houses sell usually less than one month on the market, The key is to buy right, renovate with artistic style and sell for an affordable first time homebuyers market. www.brokenforkdesign.com
Thank You
Danny Strong

Danny, did you move to Pcola and if so what are you doing? I am moving with my husband and 2 kids home to Pcola in 3 weeks and have 14+ yrs experience in hotel interior design, purchasing and project coordination among many other skills. Just curious!!

Thanks!
Marci

38 months ago

Phil Cherry said: Phil Cherry

I am currently living in Miami Fl,and looking to move to Pensacola. I have been a Construction Manger/Project Superintendent for over 25 years, working with Contractors, Developers, Real Estate investors, and the private sector. I also have the back ground of masonary building inspector. I am accustomed to working closely with Architects, Engineers, Building and Zoning, along with interfacing between joint venture partners and major subcontractors. Well versed in areas of organization, time management, and scheduling of all types of construction including rehab investments, with proven abilities in design, remodeling, and renovations. I like many of the people on this site, am looking to relocate to hopefully a better location, where people speak english and opportunities exist for Americans. In the last 20 years Miami has transformed into a hispanic community, if you don't speak spanish you can not find work here, especially in the construction industry. I would appreciate any help or assistance in helping me in this new venture.

Hi Phil,

Did you move to Pensacola?? I am moving in 3 weeks and have similar job experience to yours. See my earlier post. Just curious if you found work in a similar industry. I am interested in freelance or contract work.

Thanks!

Marci

38 months ago

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone has contacts. My husband and I are moving to Pensacola in 3 weeks. I have been in the hotel renovation industry for 14+ years, Director of Design and Purchasing, hotel design, purchasing and installation. I am interested in freelance or contract work in the same or a similar industry, but also have experience as an office manager, admin asst, etc. My husband has a Bachelor degree in Business Management and is planning to be very flexible in his job search. Looking mostly for a job with growth opportunities and good benefits. Sales, Management, Etc.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil Cherry

38 months ago

Marci Wallace in Douglasville, Georgia said: Hi Phil,

Did you move to Pensacola?? I am moving in 3 weeks and have similar job experience to yours. See my earlier post. Just curious if you found work in a similar industry. I am interested in freelance or contract work.

Thanks!

Marci

Hi Marci

No I haven't moved to Pensacola yet, I have been looking for a job there for a long time, without any luck. I am reluctant to move without a job it may drain my already low finances. Being this far away I can only rely on the internet, which doesn't seem like enough to actually land a job. Like someone else said on this site you may have to apply in person, to multiple jobs and stay in contact with each calling them often. Only problem with this method is you have to move here to apply in person. I don't see construction picking back up for about 3 to 5 years, which makes us have to look out side the box for different types of employment, very few of us can wait for 3 to 5 years. I am open to working with investors in rehab work. Marci good luck with your search.

alan headrick in Pace, Florida

6 months ago

Two and a half years since the last comment, well nothing much going on I guess. In that time I left Afgahnistan and looked for work for 6 months in Pensacola, gave up. Went back to Afghanistan for another year, came back looked for work in Pensacola for a year and now I am back in Afghanistan.
Looks like the economy just up and died. Well I'll be back in March with my expectations as low as humanly possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.