Best companies to work for in Phoenix?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Phoenix? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Mesa, Arizona

85 months ago

More info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Just Me in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

If the company is Optima, RUN and do not look back. Do not even consider it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

moniqe in Phoenix, Arizona

83 months ago

Luke AFB Commissary, THE WORST!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Mesa, Arizona

83 months ago

I used to work for a large insurance company and like most corporations was getting hard to work for. I left to open my own independent insurance agency. I think most people would love to work for themselves. www.grandcanyonquotes.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Marie King in Phoenix, Arizona

61 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Phoenix? Why are they a great employer?
I believe it is trucking everyone needs food and products delivered right. It's just hart to find good help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

singhp2109@yahoo.com in Phoenix, Arizona

59 months ago

I am looking for a great company who needs a structional steel painter 10 yrs.exp presently attending n.a.c.e. c.i.p. course's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kate in Phoenix, Arizona

58 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Phoenix? Why are they a great employer?

nice to see good sense on reporting companies that are not good to work for

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

58 months ago

David Benedict in Tempe, Arizona said: I feel that everyone should check out pre paid legal services...
This company can change your lives, be your own boss and open the door to financial freedom.
If you want to learn more dont hesitate to leave a message.

Pre-Paid Legal has operated an endless-chain recruiting scheme as its method to sell memberships, but close to 100% of the "associates" fail, 80% of the new members cancel within 5 years, and the company has spent nearly a HALF-BILLION dollars buying back its own stock to buoy the stock price, while the market cap has dropped by 40 to 50% over the past decade. If it weren't for enlisting over 1.5 million people to sell its memberships and spending a HALF-BILLION DOLLARS buying its stock, PPD would be closer to being a penny stock.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Peter in Mesa, Arizona

58 months ago

Bosco in Orlando, Florida said: Pre-Paid Legal has operated an endless-chain recruiting scheme as its method to sell memberships, but close to 100% of the "associates" fail, 80% of the new members cancel within 5 years, and the company has spent nearly a HALF-BILLION dollars buying back its own stock to buoy the stock price, while the market cap has dropped by 40 to 50% over the past decade. If it weren't for enlisting over 1.5 million people to sell its memberships and spending a HALF-BILLION DOLLARS buying its stock, PPD would be closer to being a penny stock.

Those stats are far from true. Prepaid legal has one of the highest retention ratings for a legal services company. you can hate on it all you want. But is that because YOU were one of the ones who failed? Well im sorry to say i am not one of the failures. and if you base everything off of those who "failed" how far will you get in life? and as for hating on a company that is giving you an opportunity to do something better with your life is just plain wrong. Hate on walmart or something. They want nothing but your money. where as prepaid legal wants to make you money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Peter in Mesa, Arizona said: Those stats are far from true. Prepaid legal has one of the highest retention ratings for a legal services company. you can hate on it all you want. But is that because YOU were one of the ones who failed? Well im sorry to say i am not one of the failures. and if you base everything off of those who "failed" how far will you get in life? and as for hating on a company that is giving you an opportunity to do something better with your life is just plain wrong. Hate on walmart or something. They want nothing but your money. where as prepaid legal wants to make you money.

Sorry to inform you that you are wrong. Pre-Paid Legal is a notorious MLM rip-off. Here is the article I referenced earlier:

www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2009/02/23/fraud-discovery-institute-releases-new-report-about-pre-paid-legal-services-inc/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Here's a link to a list of various lawsuits brought against Pre-Paid Legal over the years:

www.pyramidschemealert.org/PSAMain/news/PPLS.html

Yeah, sounds like a great company . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Here are some more "wonderful" reviews of Pre-Paid Legal:

www.ripoffreport.com/Search/pre-paid-legal.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Peter in Mesa, Arizona

58 months ago

hahaha and I bet you use Microsoft. That has more lawsuits and people hating on it more than anything. Or walmart. you shop there? You ever hear a dog barking at a parked car? I never have. You sound very pessimistic. You need to open up and be a little more possitive. Its called an opportunity because people dont all get it. YOU OBV. didnt. so leave it to the ones who WILL succeed. And if you are basing things off of other peoples failures, since when have you ever compared yourself to losers?!?! You ever ask the person who got cut off the basketball team to show you how to play ball? Then why base things off of what you hear? hahaha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Peter in Mesa, Arizona said: hahaha and I bet you use Microsoft. That has more lawsuits and people hating on it more than anything. Or walmart. you shop there? You ever hear a dog barking at a parked car? I never have. You sound very pessimistic. You need to open up and be a little more possitive. Its called an opportunity because people dont all get it. YOU OBV. didnt. so leave it to the ones who WILL succeed. And if you are basing things off of other peoples failures, since when have you ever compared yourself to losers?!?! You ever ask the person who got cut off the basketball team to show you how to play ball? Then why base things off of what you hear? hahaha

I love how you use the "dog barking at a parked car" line!! Is that some sort of Pre-paid Legal recruiting mumbo jumbo? Hmmm? Where have I heard that line before?? LOL!

It's so funny how all the MLM puppets (like you) will try to bring you down when they don't agree with your opinion. "Oh, you must have failed" or "You just don't get it" HAHAHAHA!!

BTW - did you skip over the other 2 links I posted? Very entertaining!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Peter in Mesa, Arizona said: You ever hear a dog barking at a parked car?

Here's a quote I found by another Pre-Paid Legal peddler:
"Thank goodness for bad press! Remember dogs don't bark at a parked car! PPL is a wonderful company that is changing the way we as Americans axcess the legal system!"

LOL!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Peter in Phoenix, Arizona

58 months ago

No I think its funny when you try to bring down someone because of what they do with their life. Why do you want someone to feel bad about a company that has been feeding MY family. And its funny how YOU are trying to bring down a company that you know nothing about. You only focus on bad reviews. what about the good ones. They outweight the negatives by far. But you look at the glass half empty. Open YOUR mind. No one is asking YOU to do anything you dont want to. so Why bother? lol. And lets say you are one who failed. The only reason is you were not under the proper guidance and leadership AND you were not trained properly. But it is up to you to change your life. If you choose to do so. <3 so I hope you have a wonderful evening and dont forget that you control YOUR destiny.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Peter in Phoenix, Arizona said: No I think its funny when you try to bring down someone because of what they do with their life. Why do you want someone to feel bad about a company that has been feeding MY family. And its funny how YOU are trying to bring down a company that you know nothing about. You only focus on bad reviews. what about the good ones. They outweight the negatives by far. But you look at the glass half empty. Open YOUR mind. No one is asking YOU to do anything you dont want to. so Why bother? lol. And lets say you are one who failed. The only reason is you were not under the proper guidance and leadership AND you were not trained properly. But it is up to you to change your life. If you choose to do so. <3 so I hope you have a wonderful evening and dont forget that you control YOUR destiny.

That's great if it's working for you. The problem is that there are so MANY others who this has not worked for. Take your blinders off and do some real research into this company. The only good reviews come from those in the company trying to recruit you. Don't just take what they tell you as gospel: barking dog analogy. The truth is that PPL is just another MLM out to make a buck off of you. Did you even look at the links I posted?

I'll tell you what. You go out and find some independent positive reviews of this company, post them here and I'll read them. Teh keyword is "independent." I'm not interested in some PPL Rah Rah site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Take Charge Amreica is the worst company to work for ever! Seriously dont even consider it ... They don't give a dam about their employees

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RobinsonRainmakers in Phoenix/Tempe, Arizona

56 months ago

If you don't like the work out there - why not reinvent yourself and start your own company? Everyone can have a different life, but not everyone has the motivation to change with the economic times that confront us today. Each person must decide the price they will pay for a potential reward. Most people are worker bees, few are true leaders. Some people find PPL a worth while career or income, others Primerica, others call centers. I can always find something to complain about, bad news on the web, but the simple fact is that if someone wants to win in whatever they pursue they have to believe in what they are doing, in their abilities to succeed and the reward must be worth the struggle. I have people on my team that kick butt because they see opportunity - others fail because they don't believe in themselves and blame everyone else but themselves. Work, my friends, always comes before success.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Isabela in Chandler, Arizona

56 months ago

ASA, Inc. is the worst company I have worked for, the management team does not treat their employees with respect, if you go to school they will help you if clases are during work hours and you want to make up the time before the office is open. They question constantly your integrity. You are better off working for someone else

unknown in Phoenix, Arizona

55 months ago

Honeywell is the absolute wrost comapny. They hire incompatents males as manager. And no matter how dumb these man are the keep them. Nothing like working for a dumb ass who think they know everything but acually know nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carole Vogler in Goodyear, Arizona

50 months ago

SJPutman in San Diego, California said: Carole,
Are you Carole Ann Robbins that used to live in Rochester, N.Y. I am trying to get a hold of the family.

Sharon
yes I am this is the first time I ever looked at this forum.My email address is newyork_born@cox.net

CaroleVogler

Anonymous in Phoenix, Arizona

41 months ago

Cox Communications is the ABSOLUTE WORST company in Arizona to work for. They tell their employees about their 'Bill of Rights' which includes many things that a great employer should have, but most of the management does not follow it. They talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk. Once you're in the door, there's absolutely NO ROOM to advance. They try to outsource you and get you to work from home. They never 'praise' you for doing a great job, but they sure as heck are on you if you make a mistake. They tell you when you walk in the door that they have a high 'turn around rate.' I wonder why? Is it the constantly increasing prices of product? The sniping customers? The ridiculous things that are happening behind scenes? (besides all of the gossip) No. Cox Communications does not follow their own guidelines (which are constantly changing anyway) They offer an open door policy, but if you use it, it's documented and will most likely be used against you later in a negative way. They violate their Bill of Rights everyday. And if you tell a manager, you're on a radar. VERY HIGH TURN AROUND RATE - GOSSIP CENTRAL - EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEES ARE NOT POSSIBLE (hence the turn around rate.) Thanks for reading!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous too in Phoenix, Arizona

35 months ago

Spirit in the Desert Retreat Center. This is supposed to be a christian based retreat center to assist people in getting closer to God. The hourly employees do a good job of hiding the turmoil that is caused by the Director. He'll harrass you and when he wants you to quit he'll give you impossible tasks for any human to complete. If you stick it out, he'll unjustly fire you. It's ashame because he's ruining the place. Beware!

Ashley in Surprise, Arizona

35 months ago

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure if you will get this in time, but I want to interview you for a story I am doing.

I am covering the Phoenix Diversity Career Day that just took place today.

I am wanting to speak with someone who is diverse in some way, in your case, you said you were a veteran. I was hoping that you could give me any input on your job search, struggles, and successes regarding employment.

I need this done by Friday October 14th at the latest, so if you get back to me before then I really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

If anyone has input or a personal story let me know :)
Ashley

Ny2az in Laveen, Arizona

34 months ago

Carole Vogler in Goodyear, Arizona said: Sharon
yes I am this is the first time I ever looked at this forum.My email address is newyork_born@cox.net

CaroleVogler

You can check out this company which is a real work from home company, look at this website and it will give you all the information about the company. Be sure to have a full size note pad and pen. That site is ny2az.waveten.com I think you will like what you are going to hear. Click on the video tutorial.

Ny2az in Laveen, Arizona

34 months ago

Gary in Mesa, Arizona said: I used to work for a large insurance company and like most corporations was getting hard to work for. I left to open my own independent insurance agency. I think most people would love to work for themselves. www.grandcanyonquotes.com

You can check out this company which is a real work from home company, look at this website and it will give you all the information about the company. Be sure to have a full size note pad and pen. That site is ny2az.waveten.com I think you will like what you are going to hear. Click on the video tutorial.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.