Truck Driving

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Gregory Lehman in Phoenix, Arizona

84 months ago

I am a 48yr old vet looking to get into the truck driving field.I have no experience.I am trying to find a respectable school.My problem is I have no money to pay my bills while I am going thru the school.Also,what do you think of this career?Who is a trucking company out their who takes care of their people? Please help,Thankyou,Greg.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Robbie in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Gregory Lehman in Phoenix, Arizona said: I am a 48yr old vet looking to get into the truck driving field.I have no experience.I am trying to find a respectable school.My problem is I have no money to pay my bills while I am going thru the school.Also,what do you think of this career?Who is a trucking company out their who takes care of their people? Please help,Thankyou,Greg.

SNI pays you while you train with them. $650.00/week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robbie in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Robbie in Phoenix, Arizona said: SNI pays you while you train with them. $650.00/week

Schneider National Inc. out of Portland.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gregory Lehman in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Robbie in Phoenix, Arizona said: Schneider National Inc. out of Portland.

Hey Robbie,thanks for the input.Do they have a training facility in Phoenix,AZ or where is it? Thankyou.Greg.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rob R. in Glendale, Arizona

73 months ago

Gregory Lehman in Phoenix, Arizona said: Hey Robbie,thanks for the input.Do they have a training facility in Phoenix,AZ or where is it? Thankyou.Greg.

I am 43 an i got to say that AIT, in Phoenix,AZ. is the best! You can get your CDL, in as fast as 4 week's an be on your way to work in 5 week's. Something to look in to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

windy in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

Gregory Lehman in Phoenix, Arizona said: I am a 48yr old vet looking to get into the truck driving field.I have no experience.I am trying to find a respectable school.My problem is I have no money to pay my bills while I am going thru the school.Also,what do you think of this career?Who is a trucking company out their who takes care of their people? Please help,Thankyou,Greg.

try AIT on N. 54AVE

ex-employee in Peoria, Arizona

49 months ago

The school is a milking machine. There is a real game in this business and you need to be aware of them. Cross a line and your dead in getting help from this school. They can be very unethical, but this is legal. They can charge over 7 grand, and if you do not drive for a few months, they will claim you need more training, at a cost I've heard around 4 grand. Its a milking machine, and companies they may send you to, like Swift, Werner and Kalil, will treat you like second class citizens.
Good luck ... best to lease a truck and trailor and learn it yourself. Read the material from available books and take the test. Companies will say though, you need 3 and 6 months experience, whereas others will require 1 or 2 years experience. Its a game.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Surprise, Arizona

39 months ago

Hi Greg,

I'm not sure if you will get this in time, but I want to interview you for a story I am doing.

I am covering the Phoenix Diversity Career Day that just took place.

I am wanting to speak with someone who is diverse in some way, in your case, you said you were a veteran. I was hoping that you could give me any input on your job search, struggles, and successes regarding employment.

I need this done by Friday October 14th at the latest, so if you get back to me before then I really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

If anyone has other input let me know :)
Ashley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jim in Goodyear, Arizona

31 months ago

Greg, If your looking for a trucking job, dont, Iv got 30 yrs + and for the lest 10 yrs have watched my income do nothing but go down, and there are very few, maybe a handfull the care much more then how can we screw our drivers. Jm

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.