You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Rosahawes in Phoenix, Arizona

74 months ago

Lmt looking for a massage therapist job in a salon spa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tim Driscoll in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

22 years as lic. Therapist. Looking for good therapy job in Phx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Tempe, Arizona

69 months ago

I would just be sure to get more than the 6 month message therapy certificate and specialize or get additional training. There are a lot of massage therapists in Phoenix. You might want to consider learning Spanish and working with the Spanish speaking community. www.letutor.com I took Spanish classes there and they really helped me because they focus on conversational Spanish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aura Olivas in Phoenix, Arizona

62 months ago

I am extremely frustrated and angry; especially with Apollo College here in Phoenix. I graduated at the top of my class, made the dean and president's list on numerous ocasions and busted my butt studying. I also always got good grades in my practicals. However, I have gone to two interviews with massage envy and I have not been hired. In one interview, the woman even made me feel that I was not a good therapist. The last interview with massage envy, i did not even received a critique and they said they would call me. I knew I did not get the job, because I have a former classmate thet was hired on the spot. I'm angry at Apollo college for not advising me and tell me that Maybe I am not good enough. Now I'm jobless and thousand of dollars in debt. Can someone tell me where I can send my complaints about this college? I also know that instructors there were passing people that were not even getting passing grades and one of the students even told me that she knew, she hadn't passed an Anatomy class, but the instructor passed her anyway! they're stealing people's money!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

littlemissgerman in Mesa, Arizona

61 months ago

Has any body worked for DOLCE SPA in Scottsdale ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

littlemissgerman in Mesa, Arizona

61 months ago

Aura Olivas in Phoenix, Arizona said: I am extremely frustrated and angry; especially with Apollo College here in Phoenix. I graduated at the top of my class, made the dean and president's list on numerous ocasions and busted my butt studying. I also always got good grades in my practicals. However, I have gone to two interviews with massage envy and I have not been hired. In one interview, the woman even made me feel that I was not a good therapist. The last interview with massage envy, i did not even received a critique and they said they would call me. I knew I did not get the job, because I have a former classmate thet was hired on the spot. I'm angry at Apollo college for not advising me and tell me that Maybe I am not good enough. Now I'm jobless and thousand of dollars in debt. Can someone tell me where I can send my complaints about this college? I also know that instructors there were passing people that were not even getting passing grades and one of the students even told me that she knew, she hadn't passed an Anatomy class, but the instructor passed her anyway! they're stealing people's money!

Don't give up!Try other places!!!
Best of luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

firefly in Phoenix, Arizona

60 months ago

littlemissgerman in Mesa, Arizona said: Has any body worked for DOLCE SPA in Scottsdale ?

the take advantage of you and illegaly keep your liscence

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

donwest.@azstatefair.com in Phoenix, Arizona

60 months ago

Aura Olivas in Phoenix, Arizona said: I am extremely frustrated and angry; especially with Apollo College here in Phoenix. I graduated at the top of my class, made the dean and president's list on numerous ocasions and busted my butt studying. I also always got good grades in my practicals. However, I have gone to two interviews with massage envy and I have not been hired. In one interview, the woman even made me feel that I was not a good therapist. The last interview with massage envy, i did not even received a critique and they said they would call me. I knew I did not get the job, because I have a former classmate thet was hired on the spot. I'm angry at Apollo college for not advising me and tell me that Maybe I am not good enough. Now I'm jobless and thousand of dollars in debt. Can someone tell me where I can send my complaints about this college? I also know that instructors there were passing people that were not even getting passing grades and one of the students even told me that she knew, she hadn't passed an Anatomy class, but the instructor passed her anyway! they're stealing people's money!

I completly understand your feelings about Massage Envy. I have been a licensed massage therapist for 17 years in Arizona and owned my own business for those years. When I moved to Phoenix I decided to apply at Massage Envy.I was called in to do my practical, gave them all the information they asked for, and was told I would be called back. I hava never heard one word from them, and I have called three times to talk to the young girl who interviewed me. The LEAST they should do is call me and tell me why I am not going to be hired. I think the place is run by young people who have no idea how to handle a business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aura in Phoenix, Arizona

59 months ago

donwest.@azstatefair.com in Phoenix, Arizona said: I completly understand your feelings about Massage Envy. I have been a licensed massage therapist for 17 years in Arizona and owned my own business for those years. When I moved to Phoenix I decided to apply at Massage Envy.I was called in to do my practical, gave them all the information they asked for, and was told I would be called back. I hava never heard one word from them, and I have called three times to talk to the young girl who interviewed me. The LEAST they should do is call me and tell me why I am not going to be hired. I think the place is run by young people who have no idea how to handle a business.

I am sorry that this happened to you as well. Why don't you start your own business here? I'll work for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David M in Phoenix, Arizona

58 months ago

Tim Driscoll in Phoenix, Arizona said: Have 22 years as a Lic, Therapist in Phx. Looking for a good therapy job in Phx. area with good pay

Hello Mr Driscoll. My name is David Mottonen and I attend Thunderbird High School in Phoenix, Arizona and i would like to know if i could possibly get a short interview with you about your profession. I am writing a career research paper and one career I am interested in is massage therapy. If you are willing to help me out, I would appreciate if you Emailed me at davidjmttonen@hotmail.com

thank you for your time

lt in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

littlemissgerman in Mesa, Arizona said: Has any body worked for DOLCE SPA in Scottsdale ?

i received a job at Dolce and they demanded that I hand over my massage liscence to them which is a violation of the law. you must have your liscence at all times. Dolce told me that I would not be allowed to have it while I worked there because any massages must be done at thier spa. This includes your family!if you do not do all massages there according to your contract you can be fined hundreds of dollars that you have to pay them. At my training i questioned this and as a result they refused to hire me. i called the state to confirm that you must have your liscence at all times and it is true.
also while in training one of the trainers was touching my hair and feeling it in an inappropriate manner. i would not work for them , be careful about them as they are requiring you to break state law

mz.cjb in Maricopa, Arizona

51 months ago

littlemissgerman in Mesa, Arizona said: Don't give up!Try other places!!!
Best of luck

the same thing happend to me dnt give up!!!

ARMS in Gilbert, Arizona

50 months ago

Start your own practice! You DO NOT WANT TO WORK THERE. I did and i cant get those years back. The problem is the people that interviewed you have no clue about therapy.

frank blanton in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

Rosahawes in Phoenix, Arizona said: Lmt looking for a massage therapist job in a salon spa

I am massage therapist MT002921

Jen in Scottsdale, Arizona

32 months ago

Tim Driscoll in Phoenix, Arizona said: Have 22 years as a Lic, Therapist in Phx. Looking for a good therapy job in Phx. area with good pay

Hi Tim,

This is your old friend, Jen, from Radisson. We are in town and I am trying to find you! I think if you reply, an email will be sent to me as I don't want to leave personal info.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.