working in retail/changing careers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

jlh in Jersey City, New Jersey

73 months ago

how would you recommend getting back into the field of retail and where you would you suggest applying? I have not worked in retail for over 5 years because I went back to school and worked in an office so that I had a 9-5 schedule and weekends free for class. I have worked in account management and sales for 2 years, but my heart is in retail. I am definitely qualified because I have management experience, as well as customer service, scheduling, and meeting sales goals. It seems as though jobs are somewhat scarce, so I have to be content with working somewhere part time/weekends in addition to my full time employment and wait for an opening in management. Any tips on speeding the process along and how to get my name out there? Unfortunately, Washington and Grove City are too far for me to drive to on a daily basis. Thanks for you help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jlh in Jersey City, New Jersey

73 months ago

jlh in Jersey City, New Jersey said: how would you recommend getting back into the field of retail and where you would you suggest applying? I have not worked in retail for over 5 years because I went back to school and worked in an office so that I had a 9-5 schedule and weekends free for class. I have worked in account management and sales for 2 years, but my heart is in retail. I am definitely qualified because I have management experience, as well as customer service, scheduling, and meeting sales goals. It seems as though jobs are somewhat scarce, so I have to be content with working somewhere part time/weekends in addition to my full time employment and wait for an opening in management. Any tips on speeding the process along and how to get my name out there? Unfortunately, Washington and Grove City are too far for me to drive to on a daily basis. Thanks for you help.

Im actually in Pittsburgh, I have to update this to say that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.