Best companies to work for in Plano?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Plano? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Texas Jobs in Frisco, Texas

85 months ago

What companies have virtual office or semi-virtual offices in the N. Dallas metroplex?

What industries?

What job titles?

I'm seeking professional level careers with a long term future. Positions that want experienced adult level positions with successful prior virtual office experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

tsakach@tx.rr.com in Plano, Texas

78 months ago

I am a recent transfer to this area and am looking for an Administrative Assistance positon that has strong emphasis on oral and writing skills. My background is extensive workig as an adjunct, who frees time and energy from her superior by assuming myriad responsibilities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Helenofthira in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

I am looking for a position in Pharmaceuticals in the Administration level.I have 15 year's in in biotechnology and looks like that most of the jobs on my field are in the East Coast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dallas is in a Downsizing frenzy AGAIN in Frisco, Texas

73 months ago

Dallas is a very diversified city regarding the huge range of industries. Dallas doesn't fall apart with only one industries downturn.

A huge portion of companies have a headquarter location or at least a 'main' location in DFW.

Still the massive downsizings are at an increasing high. Very high multiple mass downsizings from 187 people cut to 5000.

This has happened in some industries about every 3 years in Dallas over a 10 - 15 yr period.

Pharmaceuticals.... go to a retirement area like Arizona or such.

Administration in just about any industry in the area is over-run with available people. We have 10 or so colleges in Dallas-Ft Worth. This doesn't include the technical or similiar type training schools. Masters degrees are common place. Bachelors degrees are common for any administrative role or management administrative role.

These type jobs are simply being eliminated & done without. Others with tenure in these companies are doing the job that several did in he past.

Streamlined, Right-sized, Downsized.... it doesn't matter what it's called it still means the companies are eliminating Job titles altogether. These jobs will not be refilled in the next 12+ months. They will never be refilled in the companies that have or are going completely out of business.

Highly qualified people are being hired for lower level and lower than their qualification Administrative and Management Administration jobs. Overqualifed for the job is the norm.

If you are 'AT' Administrative Level you are UNDER-qualified for most companies now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dallas is in a Downsizing frenzy AGAIN in Frisco, Texas

73 months ago

Helenofthira in Dallas, Texas said: I am looking for a position in Pharmaceuticals in the Administration level.I have 15 year's in in biotechnology and looks like that most of the jobs on my field are in the East Coast.

Off hand, the only company that might be large enough to have a Biotechnology is possibly ANS. They do research among other things. ANS is located on Preston Rd in Plano.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Helenofthira@yahoo.com in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

I think the area of Dallas is not so great for my career field in pharmaceuticals.What is so frustrated is that I worked in many positions lower than my expertise and now have to wait for longer to earn a descent salary for my disable kid and pay for the medical bills.I sent our 800 resumes and only less than ten replies got back.Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dallas Companies 'Downsizings' Today in Frisco, Texas

72 months ago

Dallas Semi Conductor
Penske
Hertz 4000
GE Capital 7000 to 11000
Circuit City closing w/ 157 stores in N. TX alone and 30 employees.
Nortel - North American Headquarters of International company file bankruptcy - Dallas HQ

In Plano & Frisco Texas (North Dallas) there are a dozen plus resturants that have closed permanently.

Previously announced companies include:
EDS being bought by HP and they expect several 1000 to be cut... EDS Headquarters is in Plano, TX

Countrywide Headquarters and being bought up w/ extreme downsizings last year w/ no recovery.

Banks galore.

Many, many mid-size businesses w/ 100 - 200 people being dumped (they don't make big head lines but they count)

Many, many smaller businesses of all kinds closed permanently.

Even the illegals have been going home (glad for that) because of the lack of work. They've been showing up and standing in line to report themselves as illegal so they can get a bus ride to the border & back into Mexico.
Keep in mind .... "Are they/Have they been using your Social Security Number?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra Ogden in Frisco, Texas

57 months ago

I am a Project Manager that was laid off from HP. I have 20 years experience in IT looking for a company in the Plano and Frisco area. Please feel free to contact me if you could use an ambitious self starter to take on your projects and bring them to completion successfully and within budget. Sandra Ogden sandra.ogden26@gmail.com. I will send you my resume.

Kind regards,

Sandra Ogden

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Plano, Frisco Dallas jobs? in Dallas, Texas

57 months ago

Sandra Ogden in Frisco, Texas said: I am a Project Manager that was laid off from HP. I have 20 years experience in IT looking for a company in the Plano and Frisco area. Please feel free to contact me if you could use an ambitious self starter to take on your projects and bring them to completion successfully and within budget. Sandra Ogden sandra.ogden26@gmail.com. I will send you my resume.

Kind regards,

Sandra Ogden

Sandra... are there any known companies in our area actually hiring experienced people?

I've had more than one person within a major company and others in mid-size large companies tell me that entry level = new college grads Period and experienced people are in extreme overflow abundance but not "eligible" for the 'step-down' or 'step-sideways' positions. This was the inside scoop from people attached to hiring managers & HR.

I don't know but the company that will be taking over the previously called EDS campus might be pulling people into Plano. At least they appear to be "active".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Plano? Why are they a great employer?

Is there any company 'fueling growth' in the Plano area right now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Texas Jobs in Frisco, Texas said: What companies have virtual office or semi-virtual offices in the N. Dallas metroplex?

What industries?

What job titles?

I'm seeking professional level careers with a long term future. Positions that want experienced adult level positions with successful prior virtual office experience.

I have numerous years of technology experience in first gadgets which then grew into the corporate and hotel industry internet fields. Years of progressive corporate technical training school. Years of both management and corporate-strategic business development.

I have a Bachelor of Business Administration (= 2 solid years of business only classes).

I returned to college to work toward adding new fresh knowlege. My primary completed classes include Nutrition, Pathophysiology (diseases), Pharmacology, Life Span Psyc, Medical Ethics and Law, Into. to the Health care industry, French (basics), Art History.

Love learning new useable information .....

I'm able to potentially move for a great position in a great area.
Currently in the Plano, Frico, McKinney, Dallas, TX area.

Ideas Welcome.
(Salary positions w/ bonus or commission. No commission only, please)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

HQ mania in Frisco, Texas said: Plano & Frisco are HQ = headquarters or MAJOR 2nd locations in the US for tons of companies. Toooooo many to name them all.
If you want less city and a bit more trees live in Prosper, McKinney or The Colony. It's all directly connected with lots and lost of sports, food, shopping and such.

Keep in mind that there are about 90,000 or more people living in Frisco alone than there are jobs available - literally. Frisco has abt. 100K people or so and is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. The Chamber will confirm this. There are virtually no jobs in Prosper - literally... other than teaching at a school. McKinney is similar. Huge expansive housing areas... but virtually no jobs to match. Drives into Dallas and Irving appear short on a map or with a daytime test drive but this is highly deceptive as the drive for many residents takes 1 hr or so on good days. Traffic during rush hour on highways is nose to nose.

Denton, TX is building a train though that will expand from Denton, TX to the Dallas rail going down I-35. I-35 has been a trap in the past as the lake prevents alternative routes being available in the almost daily auto-wrecks. Denton is where UNT is but it's otherwise very a small town-ish which may or may not appeal to individual people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Plano, Frisco Dallas jobs? in Dallas, Texas said: Keep in mind that there are about 90,000 or more people living in Frisco alone than there are jobs available - literally. Frisco has abt. 100K people or so and is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. The Chamber will confirm this. There are virtually no jobs in Prosper - literally... other than teaching at a school. McKinney is similar. Huge expansive housing areas... but virtually no jobs to match. Drives into Dallas and Irving appear short on a map or with a daytime test drive but this is highly deceptive as the drive for many residents takes 1 hr or so on good days. Traffic during rush hour on highways is nose to nose.

Denton, TX is building a train though that will expand from Denton, TX to the Dallas rail going down I-35. I-35 has been a trap in the past as the lake prevents alternative routes being available in the almost daily auto-wrecks. Denton is where UNT is but it's otherwise very a small town-ish which may or may not appeal to individual people.

Being in the area.... I like it as I'm here already but I would not recommend others to move here at this point since the jobs are scarce. There simply are tons more people in the housing suburbs than there are even buildings to provide jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP in Lufkin, Texas

37 months ago

Helenofthira@yahoo.com in Dallas, Texas said: I think the area of Dallas is not so great for my career field in pharmaceuticals.What is so frustrated is that I worked in many positions lower than my expertise and now have to wait for longer to earn a descent salary for my disable kid and pay for the medical bills.I sent our 800 resumes and only less than ten replies got back.Any suggestions?

If your resume is written anything like your posts then I'm surprised you even got ten responses. Your post is littered with spelling and grammatical errors. For someone of your self-proclaimed expertise and level of education, that amount of typo's is simply unacceptable, but good luck find the perfect job with high pay and short hours in the exact field you want. My advice would be to obtain any stable job that provides the needed insurance coverage your son needs and be patient, in time you will work your way back into the field you so desire. If you have any job right now, please try being grateful, as opposed to harboring contempt for not having the job you want with the salary you want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

snmbs in India

23 months ago

Can anyone comment on how the job situation for the I.T industry is now ? Are experienced people getting jobs more easily in this area ? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie Stern in Mendon, Massachusetts

2 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Plano? Why are they a great employer?

CROSSMARK is a leader in consumer goods sales and marketing, with over 30,000 hard-working, dedicated and talented people. jobs.crossmark.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.