Youth Services

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Buddy Cushman in So. Yarmouth, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Not sure if this is an appropriate forum for this, but I want to say I very much want to move to Portland (from MA) and find a leadership position -- Program Director or higher -- in which I can serve. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Social Welfare and more than 25 years of experience in the field of human services, primarily with adolescents, families, and their communities. I have served as a Program Director in multiple settings, and have great and unique leadership skills, enthisiasm, and creative vision. Having the opportunity to serve as a leader in a Youth Services program or a Community Action setting in Portland is my goal...Thoughts, ideas, directions, etc will all be greatly appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John Cusack in Alexandria, Virginia

75 months ago

Hey Buddy Cushman,,,,,,,,,did y'all go to Salem State?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kkmoore22 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

68 months ago

“Hello, my name is Kay I am currently enrolled in an Human Services graduate degree program?
with a specialization in non-profit organization. was looking to enhance my career in the Human Services and would greatly appreciate if someone in the field would answer the following questions for me to help me on my path.1. How did you enter this field? What has been your career path?

2. What is your typical day like in this position?

3. What challenges/frustrations do you face?

4. What are you favorite parts of this job? What gives you the most satisfaction?

5. What kind of people are most successful in this field (traits/interests/background)?

6. What is the culture/environment like at this organization?

7. Who are your major competitors?

8. Are there opportunities for growth at this company?

9. Where does the organization’s funding come from? Is there stability in funding?

10. Who are your customers? Who do you serve?

11. What type of preparation, credentials and training would I need to enter this field?

12. Is there growth in this field? What is the job potential?

13. What can I do, if I enter this field, to make myself marketable and competitive?

14. What is the typical/average salary?

15. Do you have any recommendations for me if I consider entering this field?

16. Do you know of any other people who might be helpful for me to talk with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.