Are there any social work jobs in the Portland area?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Sharpie in Brentwood, Tennessee

67 months ago

I'm thinking about relocating for a variety of reasons (one of which is that my brother is moving there...) and I would really like to know if there is, well, pretty much *anything* available for MSW's who are recent graduates. My preferred field is community mental health, but I'll consider a lot of others. I am NOT picky about salary or pretty much anything else when it comes to working conditions!! If there are any jobs at all available,even the crappiest-entry level-minimum wage-no benefits-16-hours-a-day slave labor, *without* employers expecting 10 years of paid experience in the field for *that*, it's really all I care about. All advice appreciated. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Feyreisa in Mcminnville, Oregon

66 months ago

I wouldn't recommend relocating here. I am a recent MSW graduate myself--did well in school and have some really good contacts and am still looking for work--8 weeks now. I have over 60 active applications right now and still nothing. One of my associates from school has a contact with one of the local human resource folks in one of our big hospital systems and they said they had 200+ qualified applicants for one position. The problem is we have a very large school of social work here which churns out 200+ candidates a year--and none of them wants to move.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alexandra in Corona, New York

26 months ago

Hi Feyreisa,

I am applying to MSW program at PCU. I see you are a recent graduate. Do you know what PCU is looking for? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.