Relocating Raleigh - wealth management background

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

jinkim_nc in Charlotte, North Carolina

54 months ago

My family is relocating to Raleigh since my parents still live there and they will be helping with our infant baby. I currently work for Merrill Lynch, formerly known as Banc of America Investments. Having some trouble finding jobs at Bank of America and nothing is posted for Merrill Lynch. Figured it would be easier to try and get something within Bofa, but I have also applied at First Citizens, RBC and 53. Not all are wealth management since I can learn the bankside systems through training. Just wondering if anyone has contacts at First Citizens or the others I listed... Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chrystalluvzsmilez@yahoo.com in Durham, North Carolina

53 months ago

Hey just a word of advice, this is not the best place for you. My fiance has a degree in finance and another degree in business economics with a series 66 and 7. He worked on Wall Street and has been unemployed in NC for almost a year now. He will be relocating to FL in March. There is nothing here for the finance industry so if you have a good job already I suggest you stay their!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jinkim_nc in Charlotte, North Carolina

53 months ago

thanks for the response Chrystal. unfortunately we have already made plans to move and it'll make life a little easier since my parents are in Raleigh and they can help watch the baby. We're just going to stay optimistic and hope for the best. My resume isn't as stacked as your fiance's, so I don't need a high profile job. My wife and I were lucky enough to score interviews for next week. I also found a gov't job at LGFCU that interests me so hopefully something works out soon!

chrystalluvzsmilez@yahoo.com in Durham, North Carolina

53 months ago

That is awesome!!! Good luck to you!! I wish you and your family all the best!

big_baby1@hotmail.com in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

49 months ago

I am looking to relocate to north carolina and i am in the medical insurance field do any one have any good tips for me as to were i can go to get a good job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisavena@gmail.com in Lindenhurst, New York

48 months ago

My family and I are trying to relocate to North Carolina near Raleigh. We are both trying to see what the job market has to offer. My husband is in the construction management field as an inspector. He has done building bridges roadways and subways. If any one has an idea as to what is best down their please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy_dream in Brookline, Massachusetts

48 months ago

I studied finance for undergraduate and then economics for one year. My dream job is working in Wall Street or some investment company, Merrill Lynch is only a dream for me...Sigh..You are so great! I wish you can find another satisfied job soon!

hg7474 in Keene, New Hampshire

40 months ago

My family and I are also looking to move to the Raleigh area. I have worked as a claims adjuster for the past 6 years. I am having difficulty find a job in the Raleigh area. I am also hoping for a relocation package as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.