Moving to Reno - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

tp in Sparks, Nevada

69 months ago

I came from California like many others in the area that are helping fuel this big economy. I was offered a job in my field with the promise of a good job with a family company and a job that would easly become profitable and with that big bonuses. Well like you might guess those promises were not carried out and their style of management motivation was the threat of terminating people which they did regularly. then they laid me off after moving my family here under the guise of restructuring. now the treat of loosing everything looms on the horizon as I look for work in a depressed economy.
what would I do different, I would have stayed put.

Good luck to you but consider wisely.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jodi888 in Bellingham, Washington

67 months ago

I am so sorry, I hope you find an even better job soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vicki Wolf in Reno, Nevada

56 months ago

tp in Sparks, Nevada said: I came from California like many others in the area that are helping fuel this big economy. I was offered a job in my field with the promise of a good job with a family company and a job that would easly become profitable and with that big bonuses. Well like you might guess those promises were not carried out and their style of management motivation was the threat of terminating people which they did regularly. then they laid me off after moving my family here under the guise of restructuring. now the treat of loosing everything looms on the horizon as I look for work in a depressed economy.
what would I do different, I would have stayed put.

Good luck to you but consider wisely.

I should have moved to Seattle when I had aa chance! staying in Reno, paaying rent, with not having a job, noww I aam running out of money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vicki Wolf in Reno, Nevada

56 months ago

wlf_vck@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DJ in Reno, Nevada

50 months ago

i also moved to reno from california, and like the other poster I SHOULD HAVE STAYED PUT. i had a good job when i moved here , was eventually laid off. now? jesus its depressing. im 30 years old applying to work at grocery stores, cant even get that! my best suggestion is do not move to nevada, unless you are retired/retiring. besides the economy reno has just become an extremely depressing and BORING area. if you love reno ,great......but i would not recommend moving here at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.