Job search in Richmond?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Richmond?

Reply - Report abuse

marcus Nesby

90 months ago

relocation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jermaine carrington in Richmond, Virginia

89 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Richmond?

how can get a good payin job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in Jesup, Georgia

80 months ago

I take that back - I've been getting a better look at Indeed, and there are production jobs listed. More than just one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in Jesup, Georgia

80 months ago

Aerotek is an idea. I'll check 'em out online. I'd like to stay with the corrugated industry, though. I must say that I was surprised to find a number of production-level converting jobs on Indeed, whereas nobody else seemed to list them. Is there a reason for this?

Amber in Fort Washington, Maryland

80 months ago

Where is the best place in Richmond that I can get a good Nursing Assitance job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I'm trying to move there but I don't know much about the areas.

80 months ago

Every body is asking question, can we get some answers?

80 months ago

ANYBODY, or is everyone just as lost as me?

Shirley in Richmond, Virginia

80 months ago

Amber in Fort Washington, Maryland said: Where is the best place in Richmond that I can get a good Nursing Assitance job?

Go to the VCU job website, or Virginia Employment Commission. There are Nursing Assistant jobs.

Tommy in Hinesville, Georgia

80 months ago

Just back from Richmond. Signed up with the VEC in Mechanicsville and will be moving within a month or so. Good luck to Amber.

Vicki in Ruther Glen, Virginia

78 months ago

Indeed( www.indeed.com) pulls job postings from a multitude of sites so it expedites the search process (i.e monster, careerbuilder, hot jobs, local papers). Great temp agencies vary depending on your skill set or discipline. I recommend Kelly Services as they support many skill sets or Adecco as well. For Acconting only, you may want to try Robert Half, for engineering try Aerotek or Apex, for IT; there on so many, but Comsys, Modis, Fahrenheit are a few I know well.

virgocalifornia in Ontario, California

77 months ago

Bank of America looking for DE certified underwriters with mortgage underwriting experience. Job fair on Wednesday, Dec 17, 3pm-6pm, 1400 Best Plaza Drive, Richmond, VA.

virgocalifornia in Ontario, California

76 months ago

Bank of America is hosting a job fair for mortgage underwriters in Richmond, VA on Thursday, Jan 22, 3pm-6pm, 1400 Best Plaza Drive careers.bankofamerica.com

Norman in Concord, California

75 months ago

Where do mortgage underwriters with direct endorsement certification and live in Richmond, VA go to find work?

dennis Fowler, MD, PhD. in Charlottesville, Virginia

74 months ago

thanks

Me at RIC

74 months ago

jermaine carrington in Richmond, Virginia said: how can get a good payin job

Learn how to spell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marlene in Charlottesville, Virginia

74 months ago

Would you send me the resume ditribution services that your husband used.

di

Carla in Fort Worth, Texas said: Even if you are doing a local search, you can do so using global methods. Have you tried resume distribution services? I don't mean just posting your resume on Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com. I mean having a company put your resume up on hundreds of sites - even local ones. You broaden your reach and can access employers you might not otherwise. My husband did this about 2 months ago and is still getting contacted by prospective employers. If you want to know more, tell me. I'd post the information here, but I don't want to spam anyone.

~Carla

Michelle Mirabal in Yucca Valley, California

65 months ago

Carla in Fort Worth, Texas said: Even if you are doing a local search, you can do so using global methods. Have you tried resume distribution services? I don't mean just posting your resume on Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com. I mean having a company put your resume up on hundreds of sites - even local ones. You broaden your reach and can access employers you might not otherwise. My husband did this about 2 months ago and is still getting contacted by prospective employers. If you want to know more, tell me. I'd post the information here, but I don't want to spam anyone.

~Carla

Hi there my name is Michelle, and I read your comment on the internet. Can you please send me the information that your husband used for his resume distrbution. I'm moving to the Richmond area soon, and I've been a dental assistant for 11years. I would like to find a job right away so hopefully the rusume thing will work for me. Also does the resume distrbution rewrite a professional resume for you, or is that a different charge. Either way I would appreciate any info, and advised you can share with me. Thanks Michelle Mirabal My E-Mail is m_mirabal@yahoo.com

Monica in Elkridge, Maryland

33 months ago

Hi Everyone! I am also looking for employment out in that area as I will be relocating there in the next month or so.
I have previous experience in the Export/Import/ Freight Forwarding industry.
I have also some Administrative assistant experience as well.

I seem to find adequate positions available for AAs but not many for Export/Import. Any pointers?

Sheila in Richmond, Virginia

25 months ago

www.richmondjobnet.com/ is a great free source for any type of job leads within a 50-mile radius of the City of Richmond. They also have a 'Submit Your Resume' page and also provide an events calendar with upcoming job fairs and networking events.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.