Best companies to work for in Rochester?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Rochester? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

vandermeid in Chattanooga, Tennessee

80 months ago

What is the best job in
Rochester New York

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Todd Smekens in Perry, New York

78 months ago

Had a horrible experience with Salvation Army of Rochester. They asked me to fly from FL to Rochester so they could make a quick hiring decision which was one week before my actual relocation. Had to call 3 times over a period of 2 weeks and they still did not have an answer! But the last phone call I made was 2 days after they "supposedly" sent a letter to my previous address in FL! I waited 2 more weeks and sent them a bill for the plane flight since I never heard a word from them. They produced a copy of a letter sent to the address in FL and it was dated 2 days prior to the phone call I made to them. After spending over $200 of my own money on a special flight, they did not have the common decency to tell me that I did not get the job during the phone call I made. What would have been my boss, could not verify this over the phone. In fact she said they were still contemplating the hiring decision. Thank God I was denied placement with an organization whose primary business and program managers were lacking such character.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Todd Smekens in Perry, New York

78 months ago

Had a horrible experience with the Salvation Army of Rochester, NY. They asked me to fly from FL to Rochester so they could make a quick hiring decision which was one week before my actual relocation. Had to call 3 times over a period of 2 weeks and they still did not have an answer! But the last phone call I made was 2 days after they "supposedly" sent a letter to my previous address in FL! I waited 2 more weeks and sent them a bill for the plane flight since I never heard a word from them. They produced a copy of a letter sent to the address in FL and it was dated 2 days prior to the phone call I made to them. After spending over $200 of my own money on a special flight, they did not have the common decency to tell me that I did not get the job during the phone call I made. What would have been my boss, could not verify this over the phone. In fact she said they were still contemplating the hiring decision. Thank God I was denied placement with an organization whose primary business and program managers were lacking such character.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.