Best schools in Rochester?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Where are the best schools or school districts in Rochester?

Reply - Report abuse

chris higbee in Rochester, New York

71 months ago

The Rochester City school district graduates 16% of the students it has. So for every 100 students that enter as freshmen only 16 will ever graduate. I believe the figure was less than 30% last year, so they have again gone in the wrong direction. Local interviews of the school board members demonstrates that even they, can not form a proper sentence and are an embarassment. They suggested teaching ebonics as a class. It's a wonder to watch. West Irondequoit, Pittsford and Greece all have pretty good schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Honeoye Falls, New York

66 months ago

Victor School District just outside Monroe Cty and Honeoye Falls-Lima School District in the southern part of Monroe Cty have excellent schools that have been nationally ranked high - top 100 schools in the U.S. Brighton School District and Pittsford both nearer the city are nationally ranked as well, slightly higher. Most of the suburban districts have good schools, but these are exceptional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kpfreeman2 in Brockport, New York

62 months ago

Host said: Where are the best schools or school districts in Rochester?

Brockport is a great school they will pay attention to your child and it in the suburban area it a wounderful place to live i grew up in Brockport and i will never leave my kids love it and they will work with your kids one on one if your kids need extra help i never had a problem at Brockport.

jweiss112 in Rochester, New York

62 months ago

I totally agree with kpfreeman- I went all through Brockport schools back in the 70's, left and returned 6 years ago to raise my son here (freshman now). other than Brighton, no other school districts in or around Rochester can compare! My son is guided and helped to excel in everything he is passionate about, and their athletics programs and career counseling and future planning are the best in the county. Not to mention the teachers!

jweiss112 in Rochester, New York

62 months ago

I totally agree with you! (See my comment)Even my freshman says this is the best- and he has friends in Brighton, Penfield, Pittsford, Spencerport and Hilton.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

btc776 in Rochester, New York

53 months ago

right, I am a teacher in the city school district. I live in the city.. real estate prices lead to an easy money maker in my post divorce days. Now with life rebuilt in my early thirties I am at the point of thinking of children... yet I am ashamed to say that I find no good option in the city district, and I TEACH THERE!! We have School of the Arts. A school whose equal cannot be found in any suburb. Yet unless you have a high school age child with EXCEPTIONAL musical or artistic talent they will not be accepted to that program. I have grown a love for this city, and feel a reluctance and deep dissappointment at the reality that I will have to leave. Sad to say, I wish they would offer an ACADEMICALLY segregated school system so that if your child excels they have a place to do that without having to be brought down by other more lacadaisical students. I truly feel badly for the families of ALL colors who have had to relocate because of schooling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

btc776 in Rochester, New York

53 months ago

I student taught in brockport and hilton... brockport is a great school and learning community. :)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.