Irishman needs advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Irish04 in Toronto, Ontario

60 months ago

Hi All

Im from Ireland and currently living in Toronto (for the last 4 months) so that I could be near my parnter, she is from rochester. I am trying to get a company to sponsor me into rochester, there is a visa that america provides to ireland in an 18month employment sponsorship, its a trainee manager sponsorship.

I have a degree in Business & Marketing and have 3 yrs experince as a marketing consultant and 6months as a assistant manager for a stadium in Ireland (similar to what Aramark do). The job has to be relevant to my experince and degree. The company doesnt have to pay the fee as I am willing to cover it and all they have to fill out is a form and a phone call!

it is extremely hard trying to make this happen and im reaching out for advice and suggestions. I am looking for a 12-18month contract...after that I will be engaged etc and can stay. I do want to work for a good company and my resume justifies this wish. I just need a company willing to spend 10 minutes going through the resume to know I am worth the investment. The visa would take 8-10 weeks to process so if anyone knows of a company who may be looking for someone in the next 2-5 months im their guy!! :)

I am also a qualified rugby coach and have been coaching youth and senior rugby back in ireland for 4 years, I wish to continue coaching so I will be putting alot back into the community.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nigj_smith in Live Oak, Florida

60 months ago

sounds same as my situation..
I am a 31 year old engineer currently employed by BMW, as a project manager at the MINI production facility in Oxford, (UK). I have 14 years experience within the manufacturing environment, having started there straight out of school via the apprenticeship route. I have been very fortunate to have met the most amazing woman, (a native Floridian), and after doing the long distance relationship for the past two years, (with frequent visits), we have decided that our future lies together in the 'sunshine state'.
Being intelligent adults, we realise that there are various options which we could persue, however all of these inevitably lead to the need for employment in order to offer us the best possible start.
Therefore I posted here in the sincere hope that someone may read this who is able to offer some well needed advice, possible employment contacts, or even an offer of employment, (prays).

Thanks for taking the time out to read this, and we would just love to hear from you real soon.

ps. willing to pay all paperwork fees just need someone to give me the break im looking for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Irish04 in Toronto, Ontario

60 months ago

sounds like we are definately in the same boat, myself and my partner have been together for over a year now, and like yourself, see a future and trying to go down the proper routes to be together. She lives and works in Rochester and we want to be together, which is a very difficult thingg to do given all the restrictions imposed on visas etc.

I moved to Canada to get as close to her as I could, I left behind family friends and a career to be near her, so should speak volumes as to the seriousness as to our future together. Likre Nigj I am willing to pay the fees. I wish you the best and success in your venture and hope you get your break too.

Nigj_smith in Live Oak, Florida

60 months ago

would be nice if those of us trying to do it the legal way would just get a lucky break. As I dont have a million dollars to buy a green card to help support us..sigh. Just want to do things the right way without breaking laws.. good luck to you lads

Eire in Brockport, New York

47 months ago

Nigj_smith in Live Oak, Florida said: would be nice if those of us trying to do it the legal way would just get a lucky break. As I dont have a million dollars to buy a green card to help support us..sigh. Just want to do things the right way without breaking laws.. good luck to you lads

I will ask around in the Irish Community...see what we can do!

Eire in Brockport, New York

47 months ago

Nigj_smith in Live Oak, Florida said: sounds same as my situation..
I am a 31 year old engineer currently employed by BMW, as a project manager at the MINI production facility in Oxford, (UK). I have 14 years experience within the manufacturing environment, having started there straight out of school via the apprenticeship route. I have been very fortunate to have met the most amazing woman, (a native Floridian), and after doing the long distance relationship for the past two years, (with frequent visits), we have decided that our future lies together in the 'sunshine state'.
Being intelligent adults, we realise that there are various options which we could persue, however all of these inevitably lead to the need for employment in order to offer us the best possible start.
Therefore I posted here in the sincere hope that someone may read this who is able to offer some well needed advice, possible employment contacts, or even an offer of employment, (prays).

Thanks for taking the time out to read this, and we would just love to hear from you real soon.

ps. willing to pay all paperwork fees just need someone to give me the break im looking for

do you still need help?

nigj_smith in High Springs, Florida

47 months ago

Eire in Brockport, New York said: do you still need help?

I am still looking for possible employment when I arrive in the States. We have started the K1 process. Preferrably looking for employment in Florida.

Thank you

john in Bargoed, United Kingdom

28 months ago

i am a welsh carpenter currently living in wales i met my gf over a year ago (shes from newyork) we plan on starting a new life together but dont know where to start as we have no idea how the immigration law works. i am currently seeking work in newyork ( i dont have a green card as yet)so to be near her. trips back and forth there is ruining really costly but as for now its all we can do. funds are running low and we are so desperate to be together but dont know where to turn. we are so much in love but the lack of a job offer there and a sponsorship is putting a hold on our whole relationship. if anyone has any advise to give us we would be so grateful

someone in Rochester, New York

7 months ago

try coca-cola Refreshments, we are always hiring and have several position available now; and of course we an international co.

Irish04 in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi All

Im from Ireland and currently living in Toronto (for the last 4 months) so that I could be near my parnter, she is from rochester. I am trying to get a company to sponsor me into rochester, there is a visa that america provides to ireland in an 18month employment sponsorship, its a trainee manager sponsorship.

I have a degree in Business & Marketing and have 3 yrs experince as a marketing consultant and 6months as a assistant manager for a stadium in Ireland (similar to what Aramark do). The job has to be relevant to my experince and degree. The company doesnt have to pay the fee as I am willing to cover it and all they have to fill out is a form and a phone call!

it is extremely hard trying to make this happen and im reaching out for advice and suggestions. I am looking for a 12-18month contract ...after that I will be engaged etc and can stay. I do want to work for a good company and my resume justifies this wish. I just need a company willing to spend 10 minutes going through the resume to know I am worth the investment . The visa would take 8-10 weeks to process so if anyone knows of a company who may be looking for someone in the next 2-5 months im their guy!! :)

I am also a qualified rugby coach and have been coaching youth and senior rugby back in ireland for 4 years, I wish to continue coaching so I will be putting alot back into the community .

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me

thank you

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.