Scam???Maybe...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

DeeDee58517 in Rochester, New York

66 months ago

The Story: So I saw a job ad on Craigslist about a Customer Service Representative position at an anonymous company. There was a contact number and told me to ask for "<Edited by Host: Name Removed>", so I made the call. Someone named <Edited by Host: Name Removed> picked up, I asked for <Edited by Host: Name Removed> and was put on hold for 5 minutes. After the hold <Edited by Host: Name Removed> returned to the phone and asked me a couple of questions about my experience in customer service, then offered me an interview for the following afternoon. I'm thinking "sweet! i finally got an interview!" Then I got a call 4 hours later from <Edited by Host: Name Removed> asking me to arrive earlier for the interview because she's conducting a training course at the same time. Then she said that I can start training and work immediately after the interview.

My Concern: How sketchy does this sound? I mean I never spoke with this "<Edited by Host: Name Removed>", and I'm not sure how legit this company is. I did do some background research on them. They have a website; they are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau...I'll take any advice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wise One in Webster, New York

63 months ago

My Concern: How sketchy does this sound? I mean I never spoke with this "<Edited by Host: Name Removed>", and I'm not sure how legit this company is. I did do some background research on them. They have a website; they are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau...I'll take any advice

Personally, I wouldn't trust them.

I have been using alternate e-mail accounts
when I inquire about an opportunity, ESPECIALLY
from CraigsList that just doesn't sound quite legit.

Did you ask questions about the training?

Such as, will it cost me for this training?

What is the pay rate for this position?

What benefits are provided?

Is this a contract or regular full-time position?

These questions and more I ALWAYS ask before
providing ANY personal information other than
my name and maybe, just maybe a phone number.

My motto, which has served me well over a
significant number of years is: "Trust NO ONE
with NOTHING, and you will never be disappointed."

Need I say more?

Please let us know how you fare in your adventures
with the company. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Colleen Dwyer in Rochester, New York

37 months ago

DeeDee58517 in Rochester, New York said: The Story: So I saw a job ad on Craigslist about a Customer Service Representative position at an anonymous company. There was a contact number and told me to ask for "<Edited by Host: Name Removed>", so I made the call. Someone named <Edited by Host: Name Removed> picked up, I asked for <Edited by Host: Name Removed> and was put on hold for 5 minutes. After the hold <Edited by Host: Name Removed> returned to the phone and asked me a couple of questions about my experience in customer service, then offered me an interview for the following afternoon. I'm thinking "sweet! i finally got an interview!" Then I got a call 4 hours later from <Edited by Host: Name Removed> asking me to arrive earlier for the interview because she's conducting a training course at the same time. Then she said that I can start training and work immediately after the interview.

Was this company in Henrietta and begin with a T and end with a P? Because I had a similar situation yesterday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.