How to get a job in San Antonio for a swede?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Daniel in Tungelsta, Sweden

69 months ago

Hello!
My name is Daniel. I live in Sweden but would like to move to USA. I have a friend in San Antonio, who is a police officer. I would like to get a security job in San Antonio and then when i have the possibility get an american citizenship and become a police officer to. I work as a certified security guard in sweden. Do anyone have any ideas on how to get a greencard, and a security job in San Antonio I would be glad if you let me know.

Best regards/Daniel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Candice in San Antonio, Texas

68 months ago

Daniel in Tungelsta, Sweden said: Hello!
My name is Daniel. I live in Sweden but would like to move to USA. I have a friend in San Antonio, who is a police officer. I would like to get a security job in San Antonio and then when i have the possibility get an american citizenship and become a police officer to. I work as a certified security guard in sweden. Do anyone have any ideas on how to get a greencard, and a security job in San Antonio I would be glad if you let me know.

Best regards/Daniel

Honestly Daniel I would be very careful about coming into the states right now on a Foreign work Visa. Our Economy is not doing very well and millions of Americans are out of a job right now because of it. That means our Job market is pretty much flooded and the companies that -are- hiring are definitely not focused on hiring immigrants because of the situation. So if you did come here it would be a very big gamble. My advice to you is that if you have a steady job in Sweden keep it for now and wait out this massive recession, then once the situation turns around come out *grins* we'd love to have you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lars in San Antonio, Texas

64 months ago

The economy in San Antonio and Austin is booming. You have to contact the American Embassy in Stockholm or the consulate in Goteborg to find out what the details are. I wish you well since I have a close connection to Sweden. I vacation to Sweden for 4 weeks during August each year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

srosales31 in Austin, Texas

64 months ago

i agree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cs in San Antonio, Texas

63 months ago

I agree with Candice 100%. As far as I know, I've been looking for a JOB since April. I still can't find one....But, If you do have a DEGREE on MEDICAL FIELD or SOMETHING ELSE you will have a chance finding a job here. Or else, you will find yourself unemployed and if you do get a job here as a security worker, they don't really pay you very much. My brother and brother in law works as a security guard. They have to find a second job to support their family...just being honest with you....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.