EMt training/voluntter/gaining more experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Wendy in La Jolla, California

67 months ago

Hi!
I just got an EMT license and I was wondering where/How I can get more experience as an EMT. most ambulance companies want some experience, so haha, im having some difficulty. Any advice would help!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brian in Spring Valley, California

64 months ago

I totally agree with you. dont work for ER ambulance. the owner is a cheat. and balboa is rather unsafe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

johova witnessing in El Cajon, California

38 months ago

brian in Spring Valley, California said: I totally agree with you. dont work for ER ambulance. the owner is a cheat. and balboa is rather unsafe.

Balboa sucks, Xtreme care ambulance has a stupid medic that tries to train emts when he doesnt have much experience and a d bag, all they care about is making money could give a shaat less about employees, just like every bls company in sd. shaeffer is good, same with RM and AMR, they are the only ones you should be working for, ER is terrible jew, theyre cheap ass rigs blow up and shat. pineapple express the names terrible and more jews there. Maxcare i think is alright.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

johova witnessing in El Cajon, California

38 months ago

brian in Spring Valley, California said: I totally agree with you. dont work for ER ambulance. the owner is a cheat. and balboa is rather unsafe.

Balboa sucks, Xtreme care ambulance has a stupid medic that tries to train emts when he doesnt have much experience and a d bag, all they care about is making money could give a shaat less about employees, just like every bls company in sd. shaeffer is good, same with RM and AMR, they are the only ones you should be working for, ER is terrible jew, theyre cheap ass rigs blow up and shat. pineapple express the names terrible and more jews there. Maxcare i think is alright.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

blah blah in Chula Vista, California

36 months ago

They are all true the company is cheap and the owner and his wife and the whole crew in side the office are back stabers. if you read all the post on them I can tell you what people say about this company are so true! dont work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

friend in Rancho Palos Verdes, California

32 months ago

I find ER-tech jobs pay more and the experience is far superior than IFT ambulance companies. I use emspursuit.com and they post lots of ER-tech positions. Tough work but worth it at the end of the day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Whitestone, New York

17 months ago

I'm moving from NYC to San Diego for work with the military. I'm a Paramedic with 35 years experience as an EMT (12 as a medic). I volunteered for all that time, and spent 5 years in the NYC FDNY 911 system. I'm looking for opportunities where I can continue to volunteer or work per diem in a 911 system after my soon coming move to SD. After all this time it's become part of my identity and I'd like to continue in it in some manner. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
-John

MJD2 in New York, New York

12 months ago

John in Whitestone, New York said: I'm moving from NYC to San Diego for work with the military. I'm a Paramedic with 35 years experience as an EMT (12 as a medic). I volunteered for all that time, and spent 5 years in the NYC FDNY 911 system. I'm looking for opportunities where I can continue to volunteer or work per diem in a 911 system after my soon coming move to SD. After all this time it's become part of my identity and I'd like to continue in it in some manner. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
-John

John - I am in a similar situation as an FDNY EMT-B looking to relocate to CA, wondering if you found any further information? Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks, and best of luck!

Mike

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.