personal information all over the web, a million emails and cc charges to post resumes.. and YOU DONT GET THE JOB! wtf

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Setheroo311b in San Diego, California

50 months ago

8 months of walking all over town ... making love to internet every way possible looking for jobs.. my private information is sent to corporations that i never here from again.. including verizon, macy's and bloomingdales. have had multiple "call back" interviews that never go any where.. i have seven years in the hospitality industry .. three of which were as catering manager. MY QUESTION... am i not the only one who feels these internet sits even craigslist is a waste of time.. and money .. and personal information? of course the economy sucks.. but i know from going to interviews that there a crap load of people busting their ass just as much as probably at all of the same sites i have been to and i want to know who else is ready to give up? if you had a more personably route to take in finding a job that was actually looking for a person like yourself.. would you feel less discouraged? do you feel employment agencies really dont take the time to get to know you? well im in that boat.. let me know thanks! and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nette93 in San Diego, California

49 months ago

oh my! you definitely took the words right out of my mouth. i have been laid off for over a year now and feel the same frustration. of course, people are always wanting to give advice, but they just don't know that we have exhausted all of our efforts. and yes, temp/employment agencies are a waste of time. i tried that route a few months ago and they definitely treat you like a number. everyone else is thinking the same with regards to temp/employment agencies for getting work so it's just as competitive as searching for permanent work. if you are receiving unemployment benefits still working for a temp/employment agency will mess up your unemployment wages and you will end up receiving possibly less than what you were receiving before so be careful if this is the case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Survivor in San Diego, California

49 months ago

Same here bro...until a professional writer reworked my resume.

MAKE IT A FIRST-PUNCH KNOCK-OUT.

No second chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.