Recruiters, Employment Agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Renee Jeffrey in San Francisco, California

83 months ago

I'm interested in finding a job in the non profit sector and am wondering if there are specific agencies that help job searchers like me. I know that there are a lot of recruiters that are working for corporations, but I'm wondering if anyone has any good agency recommendations for those interested in non profit.
My background is in: health care, psychology, clinical research, biotechnology and counseling. I'm looking for something that involves working with people and communicating, as opposed to exclusively administrative, although I'm not completely adverse to the latter; I just prefer the former.... am I a dreamer?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Gulf Shores, Alabama

83 months ago

I worked for a non-profit based in Oakland. The owner of the non-profit made millions a years, and kept the lowly employees at minimum incomes, spewing this junk about non-profits give back. THEY DO NOT! There are over 8,000,000 non-profits in the USA, they are simply a form of corporation to evade paying taxes. There are ALL FOR PROFIT... I suggest you take this as looking for a good job, with high pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Blum in San Francisco, California

73 months ago

Try www.idealist.org

I work for a non-profit in San Francisco, and I can assure you that the executives are *not* making MILLIONS a year! We'd probably lose our non-profit status! There are always "bad apples," but there are also many legit non-profits that treat and pay their employees fairly. If you find the right one and do your research, you will find one that is satisfying to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.