Weather in San Jose

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the seasons like in San Jose? How do San Jose dwellers cope?

Reply - Report abuse

insanjose in San Francisco, California

51 months ago

October through April - cold, dark, rainy. May through September, warm and wonderful. Pretty fall colors in October, November.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andrew in San Jose, California

49 months ago

99% of the time the weathers fine. how so? it never really rains compaired to elsewhere. it never stays hot more that a week (fog comes in) Earthquakes are far and in be tween. the wind blows no more than a day or 2. how's that? dude. that is the reason why i left nevada/.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

insanjose in Livermore, California

49 months ago

Well it rained most of the time from early October 2009 through May 27, 2010. Temps in the 60's to 30's and sometimes dipping into the teens at night. I think Host should look up the stats for himself. That should make things pretty clear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TCS in Winston Salem, North Carolina

44 months ago

insanjose in Livermore, California said: Well it rained most of the time from early October 2009 through May 27, 2010. Temps in the 60's to 30's and sometimes dipping into the teens at night. I think Host should look up the stats for himself. That should make things pretty clear.

Last winter was unusually rainy. This year, it was still 80 degrees in early November, and October was really warm, warmer than normal. It just varies a bit from year to year. But San Jose simply doesn't get into the teens. In fact, I don't think it's ever been into the teens, ever. The city is covered in tropical vegetation, especially palm trees that line most downtown streets. It almost never even gets down to 32F. Stats will clear that up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lia in San Jose, California

44 months ago

Oh, I was thinking of the 20's! Why did I say teens? Sorry. But yes, it has been in the 20's at night for sure. It even snowed in the flatlands a couple times, when I was a child. (If we could just find stats going back far enough!) I will try to pay attention to the forecasts of overnight lows as we get into Dec, Jan, Feb, March. Will make a note here when temps in the 20's are mentioned.

This was a gorgeous fall, warm and colorful. One day a week or 2 ago when I went out to work at 7:00 a.m. there was a warm breeze and the air was crystal clear. I'm in the hills and every rare once in a while it's warm in the early a.m. A friend lives in the Santa Cruz mountains and says he has the same thing, warm air rising from the below overnight, mostly in summer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.