What are the best neigborhoods in San Jose?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Santiago, Chile

79 months ago

I am considering relocating my family to San Jose. I have four children (ages 5-10)and my highest priority is finding a neighborhood with excellent schools. I don´t know anything about the area school system or the various neighborhoods in San Jose. Does anyone have some suggestions of where to start? Although I know cost of living is very restrictive, I would like to start with an understanding of where the very best schools are (probably the most expensive areas) and then move away from the very best as need be to fit my cost of living criteria.

In addition, my wife needs a very social neighborhood. She is home with the children and having other stay at home moms around will make all of the difference in the world in how much she enjoys San Jose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Fremont, California

77 months ago

Try Campbell,CA, the small central community of 38,000 to the west of San Jose (pop.800,000) and adjacent to the small richer towns of Monte Sereno, Saratoga and Los Gatos. Schools are great and lots of community social life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sandra ayllon in San Jose, California

73 months ago

You can consider Almaden Valley is a great neighborhood with the best schools and they have a Cabana Club with a lot of activities for kids and is cheap. Most of the moms are in home taking care of the kids. The social life is nice. The zip code is 95120.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Manny Levario in San Jose, California

66 months ago

Jeff in Santiago, Chile said: I am considering relocating my family to San Jose. I have four children (ages 5-10)and my highest priority is finding a neighborhood with excellent schools. I don´t know anything about the area school system or the various neighborhoods in San Jose. Does anyone have some suggestions of where to start? Although I know cost of living is very restrictive, I would like to start with an understanding of where the very best schools are (probably the most expensive areas) and then move away from the very best as need be to fit my cost of living criteria.

In addition, my wife needs a very social neighborhood. She is home with the children and having other stay at home moms around will make all of the difference in the world in how much she enjoys San Jose.

Campbell or the Rosegarden area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.