Smud written examination

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

mrnugyen in Modesto, California

53 months ago

I qualified for a written examination for an accounting position with SMUD next week and was wondering if anyone knows what it will be on and what I can expect. I'm praying for the job and would like to know if anyone has taken it. I plan on reviewing on my own but was hoping for any advice/input if you've taken the exam recently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

diane in Sacramento, California

51 months ago

mrnugyen in Modesto, California said: I qualified for a written examination for an accounting position with SMUD next week and was wondering if anyone knows what it will be on and what I can expect. I'm praying for the job and would like to know if anyone has taken it. I plan on reviewing on my own but was hoping for any advice/input if you've taken the exam recently.

Hello
I have been trying to find out myself I have an exam next week. Did you get to go? If so can you tell me what to expect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

45 months ago

It would be nice if people who posted here had the courtesy to follow up and relay what happened in thier situation, but I guess that is too much to ask from self focused folks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cicuta in Placerville, California

44 months ago

Hello every one,

I am a retired professional but would like to re-join the working pool; so, I posted my resume in one of the job websites. Recently I was contacted by the job website personnel letting me know that judging by my qualifications I am an excellent fit for a job with SMUD in Sacramento; I proceeded to log into SMUD to search for the opening at hand and for my surprise I saw in red bold print that an entry examination need to be taken by the applicant and an extensive background check. To me, if a company or institution needs good people there is no need for an entry examination,after all the person has a university degree and all the experience from previous jobs and if I learned something from life is that experience is at least 10 times more valuable than a university degree. My question is: If they need good professionals why a silly test? In my 30+ years working for the largest companies in the country I have never taken an entrance test and happy to say that my work has been deeply appreciated and I have earned the trust of my co-workers. So, I say that SMUD can shove it; after all, there are thousands of companies needing experienced professionals specially in these times when the new generation is not attending college and hence the scarcity of professionals is big and will get worst.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

mrnugyen in Modesto, California said: I qualified for a written examination for an accounting position with SMUD next week and was wondering if anyone knows what it will be on and what I can expect. I'm praying for the job and would like to know if anyone has taken it. I plan on reviewing on my own but was hoping for any advice/input if you've taken the exam recently.

Hi Mr Nguyen, did you take the SMUD exam? I was wondering if you can share some tips of what I should study for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CL in Sacramento, California

41 months ago

Cicuta in Placerville, California said: Hello every one,

I am a retired professional but would like to re-join the working pool; so, I posted my resume in one of the job websites. Recently I was contacted by the job website personnel letting me know that judging by my qualifications I am an excellent fit for a job with SMUD in Sacramento; I proceeded to log into SMUD to search for the opening at hand and for my surprise I saw in red bold print that an entry examination need to be taken by the applicant and an extensive background check. To me, if a company or institution needs good people there is no need for an entry examination,after all the person has a university degree and all the experience from previous jobs and if I learned something from life is that experience is at least 10 times more valuable than a university degree. My question is: If they need good professionals why a silly test? In my 30+ years working for the largest companies in the country I have never taken an entrance test and happy to say that my work has been deeply appreciated and I have earned the trust of my co-workers. So, I say that SMUD can shove it; after all, there are thousands of companies needing experienced professionals specially in these times when the new generation is not attending college and hence the scarcity of professionals is big and will get worst.

I agree. One time I was called in for an interview. I thought great- its a one on one. So I get there and 4 other girls have appointments at the same time. WTH ? So they proceed to give us all lengthy job applications to fill out ( they already had my extensive resume) and then give us a "test " to fill out. I got up and left. The job was a basic accounts payable position. I had over 20 years experience in accounts payable/receivable/payroll and general accounting.I seriously felt like I did not need to be tested with my amount of experience and solid work history-their loss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kmulock in Sacramento, California

8 months ago

I have a written exam for the same position in about a week. If you don’t mind what was on the test?
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kmulock in Sacramento, California

8 months ago

Michelle in Sacramento, California said: Hi Mr Nguyen, did you take the SMUD exam? I was wondering if you can share some tips of what I should study for.

I have a written exam for the same position in about a week. If you don’t mind what was on the test?
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.