UltraSound tech in Western Career college in Cirtus Height

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 110)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Liz

73 months ago

Hey Mai, I am in the same situation as you are. (Wanting to know more info about the program)I actually had a live chat with one of their staff members today and I am supposed to meet with one of their representatives next week. This program really interests me, but I am unsure if I really want to attend Western Career College. Right now I am trying to look for the perfect school where I can get the best training. I was told that there are no requirements, so I dont think that you would have to do the medical assistant program before hand. I have been doing some research and read that just a year ago the program was not accredited. I do not know if it is now. If I read anymore information to answer your question I will let you know. Do as much research as possible before making any decisions.. Type in Western Career College & read the article which mentions something about students being upset with the ultrasound program in citrus heights or the one that says 20 students sue WCC. This was of some dissapointment to me and is making me question if I really want to attend my appointment next week:/ or attend Western Career College at all. Read it and you'll know what I am talking about. GOOD LUCK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Liz

73 months ago

If anybody has done the ultrasound tech. program with Western Career College in citrus heights please give us some feedback. Negative and positive will be greatly appreciated!

-thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

erica in San Jose, California

73 months ago

any information on the ultrasound program? i was thinking of relocating from the bay area to attend that program but i am unsure about the whole thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mais in Fresno, California

73 months ago

Liz said: Hey Mai, I am in the same situation as you are. (Wanting to know more info about the program)I actually had a live chat with one of their staff members today and I am supposed to meet with one of their representatives next week. This program really interests me, but I am unsure if I really want to attend Western Career College. Right now I am trying to look for the perfect school where I can get the best training. I was told that there are no requirements, so I dont think that you would have to do the medical assistant program before hand. I have been doing some research and read that just a year ago the program was not accredited. I do not know if it is now. If I read anymore information to answer your question I will let you know. Do as much research as possible before making any decisions.. Type in Western Career College & read the article which mentions something about students being upset with the ultrasound program in citrus heights or the one that says 20 students sue WCC. This was of some dissapointment to me and is making me question if I really want to attend my appointment next week:/ or attend Western Career College at all. Read it and you'll know what I am talking about. GOOD LUCK!!

i have talk a representative and she send me a packet of requirement that i should take which i'm trying to finish taking it rite now.it was the anatomy and physiology,physics,and one year of health career such as medical assistant or radiology techinician....and yes i've read about what you said that last year Western career college was sue...that makes me have a second thought also...i'm also wondering if it a accreditial school??? well if you do go to your meeting please tell me about it...thanks for the reply...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz

73 months ago

Well I was supposed to go meet with a representative today, but decided not to go. I think it will just be a waste of time & there program will not be worth it. They are not even accredited! I was reading other forus and i found out about United Medical Institute and made an appointment there. Its located in Sacramento. I think only about 6 minutes or so away from Western Career College. There website is unitedmedicalinstitute.com You should check it out. Good thing about them is that they are accredited:)

They do have some prerequisites you can take them there. There prerequisites take about 3-4 months to complete. They are:
-Anatomy & Pathology
-Medical Terminology
-Ultrasound Physics
After you do these prerequisites with United Med. Inst. you can thake the Ultrasound program classes, which are:
-Abdominal and Small parts
-Obstetrics & Gynecology
-Vascular Sonography

All together it takes 20 months to complete the program.

You also have to do an externship & ofcourse pass the ARDMS exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

erica in San Jose, California

73 months ago

can you let me know how your appointment goes? im am really interested in ultrasound and i dont want to take the wrong step and go to a school thats not worth it. thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mai in Fresno, California

73 months ago

Liz! oh wow i didn't know that there's other school that offer ultrasound tech in sacramento...anyway i have a question if i am a student that have an AA degree and have taken some of the prerequisites already do i have to repeat the courses or no?? also if i want to get like a higher degree like a BA do they offer it or is it like a PROGRAM school only??? do you know??? please reply as soon as possible. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Liz

73 months ago

I do not know if courses from other colleges could be transferable. It would be best if you made an appointment with a representative and asked them about it. I believe it is only a program school. They have a few different programs there. What do you have your AA degree in? I graduated from high school last year and I am attending a junior college right now.. If I do attend united medical institute in the future it probably wont be till after I get my associate degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tn1114 in Davis, California

72 months ago

i just actually called unitedmedical institute, and the women on the phone stated that the school was accredited but the program was not. Does that make a difference when looking for jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

boogabooga in Sacramento, California

72 months ago

I am a former Western Career College student, and all I can say is that the program is OK (not great, not awful, but decent if you are serious about it and do some serious studying on your own - don't expect anything to be "given" to you). But the problem is that since the school is not accredited, getting a job will be VERY, very, DIFFICULT at first. This is the number one problem here.

United Medical Institute is NOT accredited for Ultrasound. It makes a HUGE difference: no one cares if the school is accredited by ABC or XYZ, they ONLY care if the ULTRASOUND part is accredited - and the only group that does that is CAAHEP.

To find out if a school is accredited for Ultrasound check out the CAAHEP website ---> www.caahep.org/

And the ARDMS - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers ---> www.ardms.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heylin in Sacramento, California

72 months ago

hey plpz well im still in high scool im a senior and i wanted to attend western career college but after reading all these comments im more confused than ever i want to take ultra sound tech but since i cant take it at arc i was planning on takingit here..but i dont know wat steps to take like i said im really confused..and these comments make me not even think of going to western career college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

be.hauoli in Folsom, California

71 months ago

I am a vet tech for 15 yrs is that enough? I am not getting enough info for classes I need prior to ultrasound classes. does anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

new user

71 months ago

Mai in Fresno, California said: i'm planning to attend Western Career college in Cirtus Height in Sacramento for the ultrasound technician. Do anyone know if it's good and if it's accredited or not? is anyone able to find a job after graduating. Also i was told that i suppose to take the medical assisting class before i can apply for the ultrasound class, is that true??? please someone reply back.

I wouldn't recommend Western Career College. If you choose ultrasound as your specialty, you have to look for college that is CAAHEP accredited. (Western Career doesn't have that accreditation)It's very important for college to have that accreditation for your future.
You can go on-line, type in www.ardms.org, it will give you list of schools that are accredited. After completion of school you'll be required to take ARDMS board exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kam Dhillon in Sacramento, California

71 months ago

I am interested in the Ultrasound Tech Program. I have a bachelors degree in business. But would rather work in the medical field.

Would I be able to sit for the ARDMS board exam, after I finish the program. There are 2 schools in Sacramento, but both are not accredited.

Anyone that has completed the program in Sacramento, please contact me at kameljit@gmail.com. I would love to hear your experiences with the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

unknown in Tucson, Arizona

70 months ago

My daughter went to western c.c. Please think twice before you consider going here, she graduated last spring and was turned down by every hospital job she applied for due to the schools lack of accredition. She had even worked for a hospital here for almost 2 yrs. before she relocated to Cali. for school, but they were unable to rehire her because of this school. They got some really bad press and have law suits against them.They told us that they would have their accredition before she graduated,never happened. They lie, this school is scamming people and the bad thing is it cost over 40 thousand dollars. BEWARE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leon in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

I just happened to stumple on this thread while browsing for something else ,The best way know if the college is accredited is going to the board or associations in this case Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) at www.caahep.org/

BEFORE YOU JOIN ANY COLLEGE TAKE THE TIME TO CALL HOSPITALS AROUND YOU AND ASK HUMAN RESOURCES WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR LOOK AS FAR AS EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS ARE CONCERNED LOOK AT JOB SITES CAREER BUILDER OR HEALTHJOBS BOARDS JOB DESCRIPTION DONT DEPEND ON THE COLLEGES TO GIVE THIS INFO

here is some info

What does ultrasound certification involve?

Earning a certificate, associate degree, or bachelor's degree with a focus in ultrasound/sonography. (Typically, certificates require one to two years of full-time study after high school. Associate degrees can be completed in two to three years, while bachelor's degrees take four years.)
In addition, ultrasound technicians can register with the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS).
To be eligible for ARDMS registration, students have two choices: attend a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Canadian Medical Association (CMA); or attend a program without CAAHEP or CMA accreditation and then undergo one year of work study in a clinical setting under the auspices of the Society for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS).

source : www.ultrasoundtechnicians.com/certification.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

Mai in Fresno, California said: i'm planning to attend Western Career college in Cirtus Height in Sacramento for the ultrasound technician. Do anyone know if it's good and if it's accredited or not? is anyone able to find a job after graduating. Also i was told that i suppose to take the medical assisting class before i can apply for the ultrasound class, is that true??? please someone reply back.

The program isn't accredited. It didn't meet the requirments more than once. I went through it graduated over a year ago and still dont hve a job. I wouldnt recommend that school to anyone.

Melissa in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

unknown in Tucson, Arizona said: My daughter went to western c.c. Please think twice before you consider going here, she graduated last spring and was turned down by every hospital job she applied for due to the schools lack of accredition. She had even worked for a hospital here for almost 2 yrs. before she relocated to Cali. for school, but they were unable to rehire her because of this school. They got some really bad press and have law suits against them.They told us that they would have their accredition before she graduated,never happened. They lie, this school is scamming people and the bad thing is it cost over 40 thousand dollars. BEWARE!!!

I feel your daughters pain, I too am in the same situation. I joined the lawsuit, so hopfuly I will at least get something back for all of my hard work. Might look into it if you haven't already. We were ripped off and lied to.

Dot in Stockton, California

69 months ago

So glad I found this discussion! I, too, have been checking out an ultrasound tech career. Now I know why I just couldn't push that button to request info from WCC-Sac! Has anyone found an accredited college for this program yet? I cannot imagine doing this online...need the classroom type of education.
To Leon in Sac: you sound knowledgeable on this subject. Is an AA/BA the preferable way to go? and if so, where in the hec do I find a "real" college that offers this specialty training? Having a difficult time here. Thanks
HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

calderon in Citrus Heights, California

69 months ago

is united medical institute in sacramento an accredited school, and is it expensive. is it even a good school to go to for ultrasound. does any one know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Taylor in Rocklin, California

69 months ago

I have a meeting with W.C.C. tomorrow... They told me they were accredited...? I am lost? Are they lying?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Taylor in Rocklin, California said: I have a meeting with W.C.C. tomorrow... They told me they were accredited...? I am lost? Are they lying?

Taylor, I followed the links that "Leon in Sacramento" posted...WCC is not there as an accredited school. The closest ones I found are in Palo Alto and I think the other one is in Merced. Good thing you found this forum! From following Leon's links and from reading these comments, I would say be careful, you may be wasting thousands of dollars. Good luck.

denise in Corning, California

69 months ago

save your money and look for a accredited program unless you have a four year degre

denise in Corning, California

69 months ago

Taylor in Rocklin, California said: I have a meeting with W.C.C. tomorrow... They told me they were accredited...? I am lost? Are they lying?

The Ultrasound program is not accredited,yes they are lying. Save your money I wish I looked into it before I jumped in

Denise in Corning, California

69 months ago

The U/S program is not accredited.Save your money look for something else

cindy in Citrus Heights, California

68 months ago

yeah they told me the same thing i had to y\take the medical assisting class and when i finished they told me i have to get an associates degree and that they are offering online so now im stuck with paying for that program and didnt even get a job in that field yet and i graduated last april.

anniegot your gun in Sacramento, California

68 months ago

Liz said: Well I was supposed to go meet with a representative today, but decided not to go. I think it will just be a waste of time & there program will not be worth it. They are not even accredited! I was reading other forus and i found out about United Medical Institute and made an appointment there. Its located in Sacramento. I think only about 6 minutes or so away from Western Career College. There website is unitedmedicalinstitute.com You should check it out. Good thing about them is that they are accredited:)

They do have some prerequisites you can take them there. There prerequisites take about 3-4 months to complete. They are:
-Anatomy & Pathology
-Medical Terminology
-Ultrasound Physics
After you do these prerequisites with United Med. Inst. you can thake the Ultrasound program classes, which are:
-Abdominal and Small parts
-Obstetrics & Gynecology
-Vascular Sonography

All together it takes 20 months to complete the program.

You also have to do an externship & ofcourse pass the ARDMS exam.

Hi Liz,

Please do not go to this school it is horrible!

I know from first hand experience, first off they are NOT accredited, second they do not have the resources to fully train students. They lie, and will take your money. Everything that is told to you disregard!!! You will be out a lot of money, and will not be able to get a job!
I best advise to either pick a new subject to study, or find an accredited program through CAAHEP you can go to there website, and find a list of schools they accredit. It is only in your own best interest to do this. Just pulling up to the building should be a red flag indicator!
This is the best advice I can give you, if you want to be taken seriously, go to a serious school. Put the hard work in, and you will be rewarded. No Doctor wants to see that you graduated from a diploma mill (mickey mouse operation).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Claudia Navarro in Fairfield, California

67 months ago

Melissa in Sacramento, California said: The program isn't accredited. It didn't meet the requirments more than once. I went through it graduated over a year ago and still dont hve a job. I wouldnt recommend that school to anyone.

hi melissa, i just graduated from WCC ultrasound program last March and I have 0 success with even an interview. I have sent out so many resumes everyday! i am interested in suing. Can you give me more information on how to go about that??

former srtudent of wcc in Carmichael, California

67 months ago

I am so glad that this discussion has started! those people from wcc is there just because of one think- to robb you. I haven't graduated from this school because they simply eluminated 5 student from my class because they simply had not enougth extership sites from 15 students because that was already few lawsuit cases and many hospitals did not want to renew their contract with wcc. so i went to other school to finish the program. i have a lot to say about this college; however,i just need to say do not go to this college and i realy hop they going to soon incharged for all they have done to the those poor people who are realy scabbing money to try get another chance in their life especialy nowdays when everething is so unclear and difficult.

former srtudent of wcc in Carmichael, California

67 months ago

I am so glad that this discussion has started! those people from wcc is there just because of one think- to robb you. I haven't graduated from this school because they simply eluminated 5 student from my class because they simply had not enough extership sites for 15 students because that was already few lawsuit cases and many hospitals did not want to renew their contract with wcc. so i went to other school to finish the program. i have a lot to say about this college; however,i just need to say do not go to this college and i realy hop they going to be soon incharge for all they have done to the those poor people who are realy scrabbing money to try get another chance in their life especialy nowdays when everething is so unclear and difficult.

alwaysa student in bay area, California

67 months ago

I would like to add a comment about United Medical Institute, it is unfortunate for the city of Sacramento that two Ultrasound Programs are offered and neither of them have what it takes to get students the jobs they seek. I would recommend very strongly against United Medical Institute. I was a student there, and my time, and money have been wasted! They have little resources for attaining students externship sites which is a vital part of learning how to do ultrasound. they claim to be "fully" accredited but this is not true. The accredidation is with WASC and the ARDMS does not recognize this entity to accredit programs. All students that finish a physics course can sit for the first part of the exam, but have to have a year of work experience to be eligible for the specialty exam, (which gives the student the credential) if you are a graduate from a school with a non accredited program. All I can say is do not listen to the school make them prove it, talk to hospitals, clinics, former students. Anything to get a good grounding before you fork over $30,000. to this program. I'm telling you, this is not worth your time! Like I said it is unfortunate! But it is the truth!!! Do not go to United Medical Institute!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dlund in Stockton, California

67 months ago

alwaysa student in bay area, California said: I would like to add a comment about United Medical Institute, it is unfortunate for the city of Sacramento that two Ultrasound Programs are offered and neither of them have what it takes to get students the jobs they seek. I would recommend very strongly against United Medical Institute. I was a student there, and my time, and money have been wasted! They have little resources for attaining students externship sites which is a vital part of learning how to do ultrasound. they claim to be "fully" accredited but this is not true. The accredidation is with WASC and the ARDMS does not recognize this entity to accredit programs. All students that finish a physics course can sit for the first part of the exam, but have to have a year of work experience to be eligible for the specialty exam, (which gives the student the credential) if you are a graduate from a school with a non accredited program. All I can say is do not listen to the school make them prove it, talk to hospitals, clinics, former students. Anything to get a good grounding before you fork over $30,000. to this program. I'm telling you, this is not worth your time! Like I said it is unfortunate! But it is the truth!!! Do not go to United Medical Institute!!!

alwaysastudent: boy your name says a lot. I checked into both of these schools in Sac...good thing I found this forum. It's difficult to believe these places are allowed to operate under these conditions! It is so sad, the amount of money you spent for nada. Not to mention all the hard work you must have done. Good luck to you in your future. You deserve for good things to happen after this insanity.

RDCS RVT RDMS in Nor Cal in Soquel, California

67 months ago

I don't understand why students complain AFTER the fact. Would any of you buy a 30 thousand dollar car without researching it's worth? For example you walk into a car lot and just plunk down money on a KIA that's priced as a Mercedes Benz? What if they switched the emblems and put the Mercedes emblem on the KIA??? Would that make it better for you? People research their I Pod/Blackberries/IPhones/Laptops more than they do an EDUCATION or CAREER choice? WCC is a complete an utter farce and that information is readily availble on-line. Quit whining about insanity and take responsibility for your own actions. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...... ITS A DUCK!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Your are absolutely right. The problem is though that too many of us are trusting and naive about the addredidation specifics. I know I got caught up in the excitement of the choice to return to "school." Am very glad I did some looking around online, else I was going to move up to Citrus Heights and attend WCC. Thank the Heavens I was stopped short by some research.

claudia navarro in Fairfield, California

67 months ago

I absolutely agree with researching education to the fullest before you jump in to a $38,000 commitment BUT, in reality, not everyone grows up in a family that has an educational background. The people who are fooled and tricked by these schools are ones who have not gone to a 4 year college and who don't have anything more than maybe an associates degree. They also probably have full-time jobs and families and have a limited schedule to be able to go to school full-time. The schedules and flexibility that these schools offer are what is so attractive and desirable to students since it seems to be the perfect fit to their already full schedule. Not everyone lives the same life. It is unfortunate that this happens and wanting to discuss and get these mistakes off of their shoulders shouldn't be frowned upon or critisized. Everyone makes mistakes--just make sure you learn from them.

nikki in Sacramento, California

66 months ago

All I could say is, I grad from Western Career College with a 4.0 GPA and is still unemployed after a year later. The financial aid advisors were really rude, receptionists were always snapping at students when the printer in the cafeteria broke down and students would go to the office to make copies. I grad in June of 08 and was told that I would need to fill out another FAFSA for Fall although I would no longer be attending school.

66 months ago

Nikki-I've been following this forum for a couple of months since the time I was checking out wcc. Decided not to go there for the obvious! I cannot believe that they are doing this to people! And having you fill out another FAFSA seems very fishy. Hope you didn't do it. Maybe they make extra money for false registration/students this way. It's so very sad that you worked so diligently for what seems to be no good reason. Don't know what you graduated "as," could you get a job in a hospital? Maybe doing something clerical that would get you in the door? Good luck to you.

Yumidaiko in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

denise in Corning, California said: save your money and look for a accredited program unless you have a four year degre

Hi Denise,

I was told that if you have your B.S. (doesn't matter what major) you can go to a non-accredited school for ultrasound, and take the test with ARDMS right when you get out. In other words, you do NOT need to do a 12-month paid ultrasound/vascular experience (after you finish the ultrasound program) to take the ARDMS. By your comment, it sounds as if this is true?

michelle in Tracy, California

66 months ago

Does anyone know which law frim is handling the law suit for those students at WCC

tazziebell209 in Modesto, California

65 months ago

Im so glad I came across this forum after hours of searching for ultra sound schools. I was going to attend Institute Medical Education in Oakland, ca because the counselor sounded so promising that the programs was the best way to go. After some research, I found out that its NOT Accredited and it’s a 3 year total program, that’s something they don’t tell you until you pat $95.oo to take the placement test. They are so desperate for students they accepted me without even asking for proof that I have taking anatomy and physiology, which is a pre req for the school.

I also had an appointment with United Medical Institute in Sacramento, two weeks ago and I would not advise anyone to go there. The Admissions director Linda is very rude and snobby if she feels you cant cough out $30,600 for the program. She said the ultrasound program was accredited. ITS NOT! don’t waste your time and money there. She atomically assumed that I needed a payment plan, If I’m going to spend that kind of money I don’t want to be treated like a dog. They take the students that have 2 years working in the medical field first.

Most of the accredited programs wants at least a 2 year working experience in the medical field. It seems like Southern California has a large amount of ultra sound schools for those of you who are willing to travel.

I’m so discouraged I feel like changing my major to Respiratory therapy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

tazebell209: it is good that you found this forum. Thank goodness, for this forum helped me to decide against w.c.c.! when I followed the links to accredited programs, been awhile, but I believe UC Merced has a program. That would be close to you. Also De Anza Collete in Mt. View is a JC that seems to have the best for central Calif. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lina in Sacramento, California

65 months ago

Hi tazziebell209,
Well, if you a pist about the education cost and are writing on this site then at least have enough disency not to mention Linda's name. I know the lady personally cuz I'm going to United Medical Institute and am graduating in a week. What you are writing is NOT true! I have no medical experience and in the last week of completing my externship. My teacher is superb! I'm completing my clinical in a huge facility and my tech is great! Last month passed SPI exam and the same facility where I'm completing my clinical signed 2 years contract with me! So, for those who really, really want to have a career nothing is impossible. If you are waiting for things to be handed over to you, good luck!
At my clinical site they also had a student from WCC. Poor guy didn't have a clue, didn't even know the protocols. Really sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

tazziebell209 in Stockton, California

65 months ago

Im glad your having these accomplishments but good luck finding a job after graduating from a NON- accredited program. Why should I feel ashamed to mention her name, she was rude and crude and I will let everyone know my terrible experience with her. Even my sister in law had a terrible experience with Linda. This program charges $30,600 for a NON accredited program. Best of luck, have a nice weekend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lina in Sacramento, California

65 months ago

tazziebell209 in Stockton, California said: Im glad your having these accomplishments but good luck finding a job after graduating from a NON- accredited program. Why should I feel ashamed to mention her name, she was rude and crude and I will let everyone know my terrible experience with her. Even my sister in law had a terrible experience with Linda. This program charges $30,600 for a NON accredited program. Best of luck, have a nice weekend.

Sorry that you had a bad experience. Maybe was just a bad day or something.
The program is actually accredited. I called WASC and they told me that it is accredited by them.
I already have a job. Starting July 13th in the same facility I had my externship.
Happy 4th!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tazziebell209 in Turlock, California

65 months ago

Read (alwaysa student)s comments.....Its very obvious I'm not the only one who dislikes United medical institute in Sacramento. You are probably a staff member. Im just speaking the truth about my experience there and giving some advice. This is a forum to help other people that are looking for a good ultrasound program. CAAHEP is the way to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chel in Sacramento

65 months ago

I was just wondering, how in the hell did you make it through school and get a job when you can't even spell or write a proper sentence? What is happening to these vocational schools? They will let anyone in them and let them pass the entrance exams and this is why we have have a lot of idiots working in the health field. For the record Lina I am not calling you an idiot. It is all about the money for a lot of these schools and it is a shame! I went to Heald College and they are as bad as the rest of them out there. They say that they have GREAT intern sites and that they are contracted with the big hospitals. It is all bull! they also have what is called a "career service" which all they do is send you craiglist listings all day and that is their idea of helping you find a job or having the "best job leads". What a waste of my time and money!

Make sure the schools are accredited, make sure they have a good track record of students passing the certification exams, and check to see what is their percentage rate for new grads obtaining jobs.

Good luck everyone!! :) Lina congrats to you! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Martha

65 months ago

WESTERN CAREER COLLEGE SUKCKS...!!

I ATTENDED THAT SCHOO. FOR ONE MONTH THEY MAKE YOU DO ALOT OF THINGS AND LEAVE YOU WAY TOOO MUCH HOMEWORK.
ITS A BAD CHOICE..

I OWE THEM $2,000
JUST FOR ATENDING THAT MONTH..
ITS NOT WORTH IT THERE ARE BETTER SCHOOLS OUT THERE

michelle in tracy in Saratoga, California

64 months ago

michelle in Tracy, California said: Does anyone know which law frim is handling the law suit for those students at WCC

Law firm handling the ultrasound law suit is Kershaw Cutter & Ratinoff, LLP out of Sacramento

RMH in Elk Grove, California

64 months ago

I just read every comment on here and I must add the following. Last week, I had my first meeting at United Medical Institute and spoke with the same laday (she had a strong accent)....and she was rude. She assured me this school was accredited and spoke bad about Western Career College. I had an appointment with Western Career College today, they were very nice, but assured me they were accredited, insisted I needed to take the Medical Assisting Program b4 the Ultrasound Program, and even mentioned the website ARDMS. I went home and looked them up. They aren't even on the site or affiliated with CAAHEP. United Medical stated the cost would be $30,000 and Western Career College stated around $45,000. When WCC told me about taking the Medical Asst Program , I in turn asked about attending a Junior College here in Sacramento, because it was much cheaper. She said, our program is faster and timed perfectly to get you into the Ultrasound Program immediately after finishing the Medical Asst Program. Anyhow, all in all.....the price wasn't impressive and neither were the orientations. I will try to find a CAAHEP school. Thanks everyone for speaking the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RMH in Elk Grove, California

64 months ago

I just looked on CAAHEP www.caahep.org/. The only program Western Career College is accredited in is Medical Assisting Program! That is the only program. Not Ultrasound! I repeat...not Ultrasound / Sonography !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.