I can't find a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Tia7750 in Rocklin, California

35 months ago

I have 12 years Customer Service experience and cannot find a job anywhere. I lost my 9yr job mid-December 2011 and have applied for over 30 so far. I haven't received a single call. My money situation is getting pretty scary.

I am desperate for work. Does anyone have any ideas or leads for jobs in the Sacramento area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bolo in Beverly Hills, California

35 months ago

Be careful sending your personal information to someone with a YAHOO email address. A reputable and legit agency will have a real email address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

35 months ago

Tia7750 in Rocklin, California said: I have 12 years Customer Service experience and cannot find a job anywhere. I lost my 9yr job mid-December 2011 and have applied for over 30 so far. I haven't received a single call. My money situation is getting pretty scary.

I am desperate for work. Does anyone have any ideas or leads for jobs in the Sacramento area?

This is going to be tough if you are tied to the area. You do know that California's economy is in the toilet right? I don't want to get into state bashing but I left CA 10 years ago.

The best advice is to avoid large companies and the online app. There are just too many candidates for too few jobs now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mysticalight in Roseville, California

32 months ago

I lost my job in May 2011 which involved lots of customer service in the transportation industry and have experienced the same results as you have. My money is gone right along with my home and everything. My advice is take whatever you can find; even if it's fast food service. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Water Management Student in Rancho Cordova, California

29 months ago

I'm a journeyman carpenter and a resourceful construction superentendent and I couldn't find any work. So, I went back to the drawing board and started a new career path at 40, in Water Treatment by attending the Water Management program at the local community college. This has been great dissapiontment. After completing the program; I can't even get a simple interview to show my skills. HR staffers can't see pass the idiot list they follow for hiring. They would rather waste time with someone who is a has been or a never was; instead of hiring strong motivated individual with credentials from the California Department of Public Health.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mynhier4 in Yuba City, California

25 months ago

I have been going thru the same- had a perfectly ok job at Sutter after 3 years left that for what I thought was a good opportunity with a 6.00 an hour increase, stupid if I didn't try right? went back to marketing just got tired of having to chase my commissions down and not getting reimbursed for my finger printing of 86.00, My physican put me off work 8/29/12 and was to return 9/12/12 during that time frame I had certified letter delivered with my termination letter and final check, and yes California is an "AT WILL EMPLOYMENT" which means if you haven't been at your employer for more than a year-yes they can terminate you just becuase, no reasons needed. So now I find myself in the unemployment line, which I should not be at this time and did I mention I am a single mother? and yes there is a black hole that eats everyone's resume, since i just recieved another rejection letter stating they were flattered that I applied or showed interest in their company with my experience, didn't want the company to flatter themselves I just need a job as well. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

crisstar in Riverside, California

20 months ago

If you have experience in customer service and you're only looking for cs jobs, I suggest you branch out to looking at sales jobs as well. Have you checked Craigslist? You can see what jobs are available there. In addition, if you have a wealth of experience you can freelance and post your services on Craigslist, Odesk and other virtual assistant/freelance websites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

20 months ago

crisstar in Riverside, California said: If you have experience in customer service and you're only looking for cs jobs, I suggest you branch out to looking at sales jobs as well. Have you checked Craigslist? You can see what jobs are available there. In addition, if you have a wealth of experience you can freelance and post your services on Craigslist, Odesk and other virtual assistant/freelance websites.

Any decent Sales jobs will be looking for more than just cust service experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beamer in Bakersfield, California

20 months ago

I feel your Pain. I went through a Diesel engine repair class at a local Junior college a few years ago and was totally blown away by the negative job situation I found my self in after 6 months training. The story I heard prior to going in for the training and the reality of what was really out there - totally different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beamer in Bakersfield, California

20 months ago

crisstar in Riverside, California said: If you have experience in customer service and you're only looking for cs jobs, I suggest you branch out to looking at sales jobs as well. Have you checked Craigslist? You can see what jobs are available there. In addition, if you have a wealth of experience you can freelance and post your services on Craigslist, Odesk and other virtual assistant/freelance websites.

I haven't tried craigslist recently (Years). Be careful, because I had some of my oddest job situations come from answering job situations there. There are some very odd folks out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.