How in the world can you get away from RETAIL?????!!!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Michael Rambur in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

I've been stuck in retail for over 9 years now after I got out of the military and haven't found one single job out there so far that will give me a chance. I got a degree in multimedia in 2003, thinking it would help and it did nothing for me at all. Now, I'm trying to get into warehousing/distribution somewhere, but haven't had any luck. Someone please help me!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Renner in Sacramento, California

68 months ago

Michael Rambur in Sacramento, California said: I've been stuck in retail for over 9 years now after I got out of the military and haven't found one single job out there so far that will give me a chance. I got a degree in multimedia in 2003, thinking it would help and it did nothing for me at all. Now, I'm trying to get into warehousing/distribution somewhere, but haven't had any luck. Someone please help me!!!!!

Well, I can relate to this scenario. I have a different story...trying to transfer from medical to office since 2000, no jobs in economy, struggled to get degree in 2004 with no job offers...the economy right now is so bad for transferable skills that HR people are simply throwing away my "functional resume" because it does not fit with their "in the box" thinking. I'm unemployed right now.

Sorry, I can't help but thought you might want to know you are not alone. I go every day I can to the Sacramento Works career centers and search for jobs and also drop off "unasked-for resumes" directly at companies (cold calls).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.