EmergiLink in Santa Clarita

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Brett in Valencia, California

78 months ago

Hello Santa Clarita!

I am a recently retired firefighter/paramedic and live in Valenica. I took an early retirement following an on-the-job injury and decided to pursue full time leadership with my company EmergiLink. I began work on the company over 5 years ago. It's all about saving lives on a global scale now...

Where we are at with EmergiLink: Today, paramedics who respond to an EmergiLink subscribers medical emergency can scan one of their fingers with a small portable fingerprint capture device--send via BlueTooth to a nearby portable computer and within 15 seconds; bring up the members photo, contact info, medical history, allergies, blood type, recent hospitalizations, insurance, private physcian and other info that can literally save their life!

My plan is to phase it in to Santa Clarita by first implementing the program so that a portable fingerprint reader or attached reader can be positioned in the ER at Henry Mayo. As members walk in or are transported by ambulance, they would simply have the reader scan their finger which would bring up all their vital data.
This could also reduce the amount of expensive and unnecessary diagnostic tests in the ER.

I am hoping there is interest in the community where people would sign up voluntarily. As expensive as this all sounds, I think we can take care of entire households for right around $2 per month or $24 per year. I would donate about 20% of each membership back into the community. The rest of the funds would be used as working capital to eventually expand the program into L.A. County Fire Dept. so that responding paramedics can have this tool in the field.

Really interested in all your thoughts on this. Here's some links to stories on me as well as my Blog.

Brett

www.the-signal.com/module=displaystory&story_id=50835&format=html

www.emergilink.com

emergilink.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.