You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

tersa13 in Phoenix, Arizona

50 months ago

will am not sure if they are real but am going to meet with them monday

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

San Francisco in San Francisco, California

49 months ago

My mother was about to get ripped off by these people. They were more worried about when they will be able to get paid, then the type of help my mother needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thorp28 in Phoenix, Arizona

49 months ago

San Francisco in San Francisco, California said: My mother was about to get ripped off by these people. They were more worried about when they will be able to get paid, then the type of help my mother needed.

Interesting you say that...because when I did my modification, I saw your post here. They dont even work in California. So are you just another guy pissed at the world? I was saved $500 a month

Devon385357 in Crockett, Texas

49 months ago

thorp28 in Phoenix, Arizona said: Interesting you say that...because when I did my modification, I saw your post here. They dont even work in California. So are you just another guy pissed at the world? I was saved $500 a month

This does make me feel a little better about American Financial Services but would you recommend them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sid04 in Phoenix, Arizona

49 months ago

Can someone tell me who has worked with this company if they really help you. I can not seem to have them give me a call back and I am getting very concerned. They were able to take the money but after that I have left 3 phone messages and not one return phone call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Devon385357 in Shepherd, Texas

49 months ago

I'm not sure where in the process your at but You can really help others out if You keep us updated. We have had 1 positive response about American Platinum Financial Services. There have not been to many positive post as of yet.

James in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

48 months ago

need all good and bad about this company. I need help with my home and credit cards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dr in Gilbert, Arizona

48 months ago

tersa13 in Phoenix, Arizona said: will am not sure if they are real but am going to meet with them monday

can you tell me if they have helped you thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WysteriaWife in Mesa, Arizona

46 months ago

They fixed my mortgage after my divorce and saved me $600. I didn't have a problem with them. I'm going to have to agree with thorp28...I looked on their website and they don't even work in California. SanFran must just be an angry person?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WildChild in Omaha, Nebraska

45 months ago

WysteriaWife in Mesa, Arizona said: They fixed my mortgage after my divorce and saved me $600. I didn't have a problem with them. I'm going to have to agree with thorp28...I looked on their website and they don't even work in California. SanFran must just be an angry person?

I looked on their website and they do list California as a place they work. This conflicts with what you say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

B in Charleston, Illinois

43 months ago

I worked for these same people at a student loan company in Phoenix. Chris Sauer (the President) is a crook and is only concerned about one thing: profit. Reading some of the complaints on ripoffreport.com and other sites brings back memories as the same names I read on there are the same people I worked with previously. The only difference? The feds had control over Chris when he ran the student loan company, now there is no control and it allows him to do as he pleases.

My suggestion: work directly with your bank. If you qualify for assistance they will be able to help you. If you want third part help, get referrals from friends and family who have had success, or hire an attorney. Most of these loan modification places are scams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

watchout in Grand Rapids, Michigan

42 months ago

this company is a scam, beware. check out the 26 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General's investigations in Michigan and Arizona among other places, the multiple fraud reports, the FTC complaints, and DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES. They will take your money up front (illegal in some states) and then do nothing. They illegally advise clients to stop making mortgage payments. American Platinum Financial Services is a terrible scam preying on vulnerable people. Those who have defended them on this site are likely from the company and trying to persuade you out of your money. BEWARE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

alaskafishslayer in Anchorage, Alaska

40 months ago

Just as an FYI... no they don't work in Alaska either, but my money was accepted. At 1st, I had hopes with these people after I went through the lengthy interview with using my fixed & only income which I now receive due to being assaulted. I was reassured with a "yes", (like you) that I was more than qualified & they could help me save a few hundred a month & my house would be out of foreclosure danger.
Then, it was about 7 weeks when I was informed that I would have to come up with (literally) $2,000 more for the Lender to qualify me & a few days later I was denied by my Lender. At which time, interesting things started to happen...
Authorization forms began to multiply & materialize. These had completely different dates then the one & only one I had signed. The mystery Authorizations were sent to my Lender, downloaded & used to extract status information.
No record and/or sightings in my Lenders file with ever been sent the 1 Authorization form which I signed & I have the original in my possession.
Or when they continued to communicate with my Lender & without my knowledge? After I "revoked" their Authorization to be involved & receiving a confirmation letter from my Lender stating such?
How about after requesting my up-front money back, instead I'm still receiving communications from them that my Lender is requesting additional information?

Even after this nightmare started & to date still continues, I really do try not to be another "pissed off person at the world". I'm too numb with becoming a victim all over again, but this time it wasn't from a physical assault. Are you interested as to the latest "Sale Date" that I am now facing? It's right after Christmas. Happy Holidays!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SASSY in Birmingham, Alabama

37 months ago

thorp28 in Phoenix, Arizona said: Interesting you say that...because when I did my modification, I saw your post here. They dont even work in California. So are you just another guy pissed at the world? I was saved $500 a month

THEY DO NOT HAVE LICENSE TO WORK IN ANY STATE,NOT EVEN ARIZONA.THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS REAL INTERESTED.MY ATTORNEY HAS HANDLED TWO CASES OF THIS SAME NATURE.HE WON AND BOTH CLIENTS RECIEVED THE MONEY THEY PAID A COMPANY LIKE THIS FOR their SERVICES AND DAMAAGES IN SIZABLE AMOUNT.IF THIS IS NOT A RIP OFF I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS. I AM CURRANTLY IN THE PROSSESS OF GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sassy in Birmingham, Alabama

34 months ago

Anyone ,who lives in the state of Arizona,particually, that has done business with American Platinum Financial Service,since July 2010, needs to contact the ADZFI and file a complaint.Anyone who has done business with them need to file a complaint.Until July 2010,they did not have to be licensed in Arizona,but now they do.HELP NAIL THEM

sassy in Birmingham, Alabama

34 months ago

SASSY in Birmingham, Alabama said: THEY DO NOT HAVE LICENSE TO WORK IN ANY STATE,NOT EVEN ARIZONA.THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS REAL INTERESTED.MY ATTORNEY HAS HANDLED TWO CASES OF THIS SAME NATURE.HE WON AND BOTH CLIENTS RECIEVED THE MONEY THEY PAID A COMPANY LIKE THIS FOR their SERVICES AND DAMAAGES IN SIZABLE AMOUNT.IF THIS IS NOT A RIP OFF I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS. I AM CURRANTLY IN THE PROSSESS OF GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

Not pissed off at that world.I have had 15 months of American P;atinum's doing nothing per my mortgage company.You must be one of their own, no one else that I can find has actually gotten a loan modification using their services.Right now they have 62 complaint filed with the BBB.

Anonymous in Chicago, Illinois

34 months ago

I use to work in the negotiations department of this business and the few people who cared to provide the level of service promised are now long gone from this company. They currently do not have staff with the talent required in successfully achieving a modification. The owner has 2 flaws in the direction of the company; lack of direct involvement and misplaced trust in his employees. A typical loan modification will take between 4-6 months and require literally hundreds of communications with the lender. This may vary depending on your loan servicer however that has been my experience with most. People do not have the stamina or for lack of a better word "balls" to face their lender which is why a modification company can be a great benefit. Please also keep in mind that lenders would lie to us daily and lose paperwork daily. Many times we would send the same documentation to the lender over 10 times before they received it. 90% of the delay is from your lender playing games. The greatest savings I achieved for a delinquent homeowner was $900/mo! Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.